Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:01 pm

Woot! So I was able to get another web design class in school, and I used it to design the SSX On Tour section of the site! :woot Tell me what you think (be sure to check out the On Tour Masks Section of the News Section!)

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx4/index.html

:woot :woot :heh

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:16 pm

Damn...looks sweet dude. Easy navigating and cool OT styling, it really looks the best out of all of the series sections. Good shit man, did you gain enough exp to go up a level on web development?

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Did you check out the news section? Drop down selection #2? :heh I thnk that's my favorite part of the whole site. :heh

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Hahahaha, why you saved that pic of blackdth I don't even want to know.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Cuz...IT ROCKS AND IT"S TOTALLY ON TOUR!!! ROCK!!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

:heh :heh :heh I didn't think anything quite showed our opinion of the stupidity of On Tour like the whole Masks incident. Instead of clogging up the page with a ton of the other pictures, I figured why not just go right for the heart of the matter. And that's naked BD with a horse mask on his bd. :heh

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:56 am

Cool work gondee, its all very well done :cheers

at this rate you'll be needing a new game to come out just to give you something else to do :heh

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:37 am

Oooooooo, the OT sections is REAL nice! Oh man, I forgot all about those character profiles!

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:40 pm

The section looks awesome, really nice art and everything! But you switched the shreds and medal events in the course descriptions... But who cares, the rest rules!

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Amazing! I've been waiting for this seciton for a while now. It turned out to be one of the sickest. :cheers

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:35 pm

The design is really great, gondee :) it totally captures all of the good elements of On Tour's design. As for the masks... :heh :heh I'm.... honored :china

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:49 pm

BlackDth wrote:As for the masks... :heh :heh I'm.... honored :china

You're the happiest member of Grav Bar now. :)

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:48 pm

I'm assuming you meant "You've"? :wink

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:22 pm

wow, very cool. the pic of BD on the other hand....wow, I was not expecting that lol.

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 am

Yeti wrote:Cool work gondee, its all very well done :cheers

at this rate you'll be needing a new game to come out just to give you something else to do :heh

Haha, I don't need more work to do. That was the last major "hole" in the site and I'm glad I was able to use a class to fill it. It always takes a crapload of time to get all the material and find a cool little tweak to each section, though this section is about as straight up HTML as we have on the site. In case you didn't notice (and I don't know why you would), the pictures on the characters section don't load up until you select them from the drop down. I did that with loading up alternate CSS stylesheets along with alternate content DIVs at the same time. Cool little tweak to emulate AJAX functioning though a whole lot simpler. :yes

Next up will be a theme or two for the board - SSX Blur and then SSX On Tour. After that, well, we'll be about as complete as we should have been since SSX 3 came out. :heh

wow, very cool. the pic of BD on the other hand....wow, I was not expecting that lol.

Haha, that's why I put it "below the fold" in the news section. Still, it was about the most hilarious moment of that entire year so I had to memorialize it. I don't care if people are like o_0 it was hilarious then and it's hilarious now.

I'm assuming you meant "You've"?

Sadly that took me an while to get until I spelled it out. :heh BD how the hell did you take that picture? Did you have someone help you or was it like "Time to sneak the digital camera into the bathroom and hope my parents don't walk in!" :heh

Either way, the section is FINALLY done. And since it's in accessible HTML I can edit it as I need to. Unlike the Blur section which is in annoying Flash and I don't want to put in all the assload of work it takes to make one simple change in flash. :heh

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:59 pm

Nice work gondee.

Would you like some track descriptions to go in the track section?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:04 pm

If you want to Saj - but it's no priority or anything. I've still got 1 or 2 more changes to make at this point - I'd like to include a "Back to Merqurycity" link so you can leave the section if you want to. Maybe change the "Index" link to "Home" just for clarity's sake, but that's a minor quibble which can wait for some random day when I don't have finals. :no

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:05 pm

O god thank you! i've waited so long. But about the skiing section now correct me if I'm wrong I think ski's have one advantage. they can't catch an edge like one "plank"; that's what I'm assuming from experience. Other than that this OT section is the best thing EVUR!!!!!

P.S. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, or what ever you like to celebrate Sppeed,Over and Out :D

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:03 pm

gondee wrote:I'd like to include a "Back to Merqurycity" link so you can leave the section if you want to.

Hey Gondee I would like to have a "back to Merqurycity" or "Jump to Gravitude Bar" links in the Scoreboard section. Is that possible?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Yeah, it's possible. Where at in the scoreboard?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:52 pm

When I drill down to view a track's times. I have click the Back button several times to get back to merqurycity and then go into the grav bar.

If there was a Home button on the top right of the screen, then it is only 2 clicks to get to Grav Bar.

Cheers :) :china

Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Yeah, I can do that. I'll probably redesign the "header" of all the scoreboard pages in a week or two, and include some links to the Master Runs, the index and the Grav Bar.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:07 pm

I will be one of many appreciating that

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:03 pm

SHUPER DUPER SHWEET!!! :woot

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:58 am

Very nice buddy this is where is always waited for.. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:13 pm

I wrote some descriptions for thw track. I'll PM them to you at some point Gondee.
Post a reply