Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:42 pm  Post subject: A tear to my eye...  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Going through my hard drive, I found this video for XBox that talked about SSX3. It just reminded me of what it was like to play the game for the first time: the challenges, the characters, the levels...all new, and all so familiar. I loved it; it brought a tear to my eye.

I hope the next SSX game can do that for me as well.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:55 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Ah yeah, I remember my first experience with this game. I got a demo, and played it for a month without taking the cd out to play another game. Then I got the game, and the intro video and the conquer the mountain intro brought tears to me too.

It was like if I hadn't touched the demo, I lived everything like if I didn't know anything about it. Sometimes I make a new game and watch the intro again, thinking if SSX will ever see graphics like those and if I will ever experience anything similar or even better than what I did with SSX3...and sometimes I wish I could go back in time just to relive everything.

Good times...hopefully with the PS3 it will be another unforgetable experience. :sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:09 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Oh, the first time I played SSX 3 was unforgettable. I had only played SSX Tricky at a friends house before, and from what I remember I almost shitted my pants when I saw Tricky.

My expectations were big for SSX 3, and after the awesome intro video I didn't know what do to at the Menu. I was sooooo stupid back then. I think I played Single Mode for weeks before I realized that Conquer the mountain was the story mode of the game. :heh

I don't remember very much, but beeing a noob at a game is just wonderful. I didn't even know how to do backflips.... but that was the fun part of it. Those memories are so fantastic...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:07 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
When I first got SSX 3, I swear to god for a good week or 2 I played 11 hour sprees on the weekends. I have no idea how, but I did.

SSX 3 was so fucking awesome when it came out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:03 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
I agree completely. From the moment I heard the menu song, I loved the game. It was more fun when it was new than when competing. In contrast, On Tour sucked from the beginning. Only competition made that game fun to me. A game should be fun without the player having to make it fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 am  Post subject:   
I just registered on here for the sole purpose to reply to this thread. As I read, I see that most (all?) people around here have been playing the SSX brand of games for a long time. Me, I just discovered SSX 3 after my mom gave it to my 9 year old son for his birthday. Now, I'm the one waiting for him to go to bed so I can fire up his Gamecube and play the darn thing :)

Seriously, even what, three years after its release, this game is simply awesome. I don't know how to put it, but it soothes me to play it, helps me unwind from the day. Going on simple freeride down the mountain at times, then at others going racing through that city track on Peak 1, or through the intimidator of Peak 2 (which I unlocked just this pask weekend ;)), it's got a whole lot of everything.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share how a super newbied feel about this game.

FM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:38 am  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Wow...I'm glad it's my thread that got you to join the site. Welcome.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:29 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
I didn't even come to this site till 2 weeks after the game came out -- I was too busy with 8-10 hr sprees of gaming. Hell, i took a couple of days off of work too, lol.

I had the same setup for SSX4, an entire week off, and then last min the game came out early, and I came to realize I didn't need a week off to play a bad game.

Oh well, SSX3 was and still is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:36 pm  Post subject:   
laidback0378 wrote:

SSX 3 was a game made out of fan requests and new ideas. One word to describe that? Perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:59 am  Post subject:   
Jonipoon wrote:
laidback0378 wrote:

SSX 3 was a game made out of fan requests and new ideas. One word to describe that? Perfect.

Actually, I think the absolute opposite. When On Tour came out, it was a mad house between my sister and me, we just tried to beat each other in rankings till I made it to Legendary. Even my dad, who was never a great fan of games, liked it. (And that is a first.)

I recently got SSX 3 though, and to tell you the truth, I say everyone thinks way to highly of it. Sure good graphics, nice little gadgets that won't help you in the game at all, that is about it that makes it better than On Tour. I personally was highly disappointed when I made it to Peak 3 within two days, no game spree either.

But remember, I played a game where it is bad graphics, but great plot and really long.

We compete until we die."

~Competition Song[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:05 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
Try and play Tricky or SSX1. I bet by the time you see the intro for those 2 games you'll be saying On Tour sucks ass. :heh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 am  Post subject:   
bakalhau wrote:
Try and play Tricky or SSX1. I bet by the time you see the intro for those 2 games you'll be saying On Tour sucks ass. :heh

Actually I've been looking for SSX and then I have a friend who has Tricky. (But don't expect this to be real soon, my friend lives all the way in Europe.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:53 am  Post subject:   
Gamefreak06 wrote:
bakalhau wrote:

Actually I've been looking for SSX and then I have a friend who has Tricky. (But don't expect this to be real soon, my friend lives all the way in Europe.)

You really should play it. Your whole life will change when you insert the disc. :yes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:17 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Jonipoon wrote:
laidback0378 wrote:

Well someone was gonna disagree so hell I'm gonna.

First time I played SSX3 I bought it went to a local place called the pit where you can sit and play games and within three minutes I had handed the controller over. The courses were boring and the characters undeveloped. I'm so happy I didnt pay full price for it and thankfully I didnt even have to buy on tour.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:43 pm  Post subject:   
Wow, NA didn't like SSX 3! Most people, I think, loved SSX 3, and it's always interesting to hear why some people didn't like it.

I got SSX 3 new for $15 on eBay, as a kid-safe extreme sports game for our son. He thought it was neat, but I absolutely loved it, and we all played it almost every morning while drinking our espresso.

SSX 3 was like the 3rd PS2 game that I had played, and its refreshing look-and-feel and solid gameplay make it one of the best games that I've played, on any system.

I thought that Tricky was awesome, and I had a lot of fun with it, but I missed the overall smoothness of SSX 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:47 pm  Post subject:   
Jonipoon wrote:
Gamefreak06 wrote:
bakalhau wrote:

You really should play it. Your whole life will change when you insert the disc. :yes

Well change will have to wait, because I can't find one and I don't want to buy Tricky if my friend has one and not 3. (He isn't a major SSX fan but my words are getting to him.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:49 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
DJD wrote:
Wow, NA didn't like SSX 3! Most people, I think, loved SSX 3, and it's always interesting to hear why some people didn't like it.

I got SSX 3 new for $15 on eBay, as a kid-safe extreme sports game for our son. He thought it was neat, but I absolutely loved it, and we all played it almost every morning while drinking our espresso.

SSX 3 was like the 3rd PS2 game that I had played, and its refreshing look-and-feel and solid gameplay make it one of the best games that I've played, on any system.

I thought that Tricky was awesome, and I had a lot of fun with it, but I missed the overall smoothness of SSX 3.

I would say dislike... disike is a very weak word.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
Cuz you had it for the GC. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:04 am  Post subject:   
alpmaster wrote:
Cuz you had it for the GC. ;)

If you are talking about it being wi-fi, don't bother....

But you know what, here is one fact that is hard to deny. SSX 3 for the GameBoy Advance stinks. Seriously, don't buy it Nintendo fans if you are wanting the link up, you only trade money...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:08 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
I have SSX Tricky for the gba. Not...bad.

And I mean the real game, not an emulator. :heh I think I was like 11 when I bought it. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:21 am  Post subject:   
bakalhau wrote:
I have SSX Tricky for the gba. Not...bad.

And I mean the real game, not an emulator. :heh I think I was like 11 when I bought it. :rolleyes

Really? That's awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I loooooved SSX 3 the first time I played it. I loved it for a while...then when all the glitches started appearing, I was meh.

I still Love tricky more though and ssx3 would be second and ssx1 third, only because I was late at getting that game, waaaay after tricky, so I suck at it big time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:01 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
I can't even describe what ssx1 first felt like. First time I played it was on a toys r us demo setup. I just stood there for like 3 hours, doing experimentals through all these badass fireworks, fully convinced at the ps2's power. I fell in love with it instantly and my feelings never faded :cry

the other ssx'es just didn't do it for me :shrug

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:37 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
vix wrote:
I loooooved SSX 3 the first time I played it. I loved it for a while...then when all the glitches started appearing, I was meh.

Why did the glitches matter to you, you weren't competiting?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:42 am  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
First time I played SSX was when I first bought my ps2. And my first game was SSX1. I got the same feeling as Blackdth... it was like no other extreme sports game. Then it broke and I moved on. Couple years later I bought SSX3 and I was :eek Mainly, the online was just an incredible experience. The graphics looked soo smooth on it too.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 42 posts ]  1, 2