Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:55 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 344  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:07 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeah, I had the same reaction, but who ever it is must have at least known about our site, because they didn't shatter the scores, just beat them enough to make it plausible. Either the person's a real detective or they might be legit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:32 pm  Post subject:   
Are there any records for using the 'proper' burmed and marked rout in a race with out using any short cuts?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Not really...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:03 pm  Post subject:   
I guess it might be hard to decide what is and isnt on the course.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:53 pm  Post subject:   
Are you talking about "clean races"? Races without select shortcuts and wormholes? No, too complicated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:18 am  Post subject:   
Erm.. no Let me think of a better way to describe what I am trying to say.
:|

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:34 am  Post subject:   
I think means racing down the track like a amish librarian.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:52 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
gondee wrote:
How would he use the glitch to break the score? - note that the other times aren't race times, they're scores, which mean they were done in events.

Do you think he might have used the single player rules to break it? There aren't any top 5 screens, but still...

That guy is good, but he ain't no match for me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:37 pm  Post subject:   
OK Lets take ruthless ridge as an example. There are several ways to get from the top to the bottum of the run. But there is only one way that has got the blue markings on the snow at the burms (banked turns) and jumps. This is the route down from start to finnish that I would count as the proper marked course. All of the other bits such as piste beind the ssx out of bounds glass sighns, the routs that start between the two white flares or rails cutting off corners are what I would consider as short cuts.

So I guess that the answer to the first question is a deffinate no. :) :D :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:

That guy is good, but he ain't no match for me!

:heh Okay, point taken, but how did you do that?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:00 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I'm glad you got the point. I assume you didn't look closely at the pictures. I mean, the medal even shows as gold instead of platinum... How obvious can it get?

How I did that? 1 minute in mspaint.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:21 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: iglooman
RE Virus wrote:
I'm glad you got the point. I assume you didn't look closely at the pictures. I mean, the medal even shows as gold instead of platinum... How obvious can it get?

How I did that? 1 minute in mspaint.

I was waiting for you to set things straight, as I even saw how ridiculous this was. No platinum, no records screen...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 pm  Post subject:   
Alright, well that solves your picture, but does it fix the guy's original 3 pictures? Can you get platinum in single player? I just did a quick run and got 2.2 mil on a sham run, but still just got gold on the player screen.

If this guy submitted these scores to the scoreboard, I wouldn't accept them because they aren't from the top 5 screens. That's not the issue here. My question is whether this guy shows any real skill. Can we rule that out by saying they're photoshopped? You think he scored something like 400K and then moved it over and PS'd in the first number? There's no smoking gun as far as faked pics that I see, or am I missing something?

My point still stands though...if he's a fake, then he knew enough about our site and the top score field as a whole to put up some figures that are not outrageous enough to say he's obviously lying. If he used single player, fine, then these scores are "cheating" but he's still need some serious skill to even get close to 4.8 mil. Can you rule that out in any way (putting aside our snobbery about how good we are for a second :heh)?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:11 am  Post subject:   
You can't get platinum medal on single event.

I doubt these scores were done without cheating too.

Only video proof could help us and I doubt he has one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:17 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I didn't notice it was Single Event mode. I guess the gold medal makes sense then.

Top 5 reasons why those pipe scores are bullshit:

1) Those scores are not humanly possible. If you've played the pipes as much as I, iglooman, MrChaos, IceXtreme, etc, you know those scores are impossible.

2) In the background (i.e., the replay of the run) of the Perp picture it looks like the character is doing an exotic uber, not an X, SA, or AS. Maybe he's doing a Snowflake Uber.

3) In the Schizo picture, the character appears to be coming out of the middle pipe instead of the left pipe (where he would need to do X-X-SA on every jump).

4) If the guy got those unbelievable scores and can take such high-res pictures of his TV, surely he would be able to find a way to record them on video. Furthermore, why would he expect to be taken seriously without video? Reminds me of PD~.

5) If I got those scores and I didn't have vids, I would be glad to explain how I did it -- but that guy did not respond to your question of how he got those scores, which would indicate that he has no idea.

gondee, that kid just looked at the Cyberscore scoreboards and faked some pics (or used a cheat device) with scores that he thought were within the realm of possibility. You can post my 4.87 Junction picture (which is a lossless, half size version of his original picture with a 5 replaced by an 8) on Cyberscore and see if they approve it. My bet is that they will.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:

1) Those scores are not humanly possible. If you've played the pipes as much as I, iglooman, MrChaos, IceXtreme, etc, you know those scores are impossible.

Sure thing there MKM ("There is no one on earth who can beat that guy! FBX: :heh :heh :heh ")

:heh Anyway, I don't think they're beyond the realm of possibility - the fact that he used single player means he could have done the "starting with full boost" trick, which might not add much, but maybe enough to score what he did.

FWIW, I doubt him more than I believe him, because I know how hard you guys worked at those scores and I know you just broke 4 mil on Schizo the very last week before On Tour came out. What I'm saying is "Is it possible"? It could be.
Junction Score: 374K difference (a little more than one good jump)
Schizo: 382K difference (a little more than one good jump)
Perp: 200K (less than one good jump)

Tell me, does that seem " not humanly possible"? I don't think so - they're what one could score if one didn't have to waste time getting boost at the start of a race possibly. That's what I'm saying, if this guy's not some detective, then he randomly picked scores that are just good enough to take the top spot within the realm of possibility.

We can't discount the guy just because we don't like his scores, can we?

Quote:
2) In the background (i.e., the replay of the run) of the Perp picture it looks like the character is doing an exotic uber, not an X, SA, or AS. Maybe he's doing a Snowflake Uber.

:heh Dude, c'mon. He just took a pic of his TV, the quality is bad, that proves nothing.

Quote:
3) In the Schizo picture, the character appears to be coming out of the middle pipe instead of the left pipe (where he would need to do X-X-SA on every jump).

I don't really see anything here that would negate a high score, he might start off in the middle pipe and then switch to a side, but I can't really discern where he is.

Quote:
4) If the guy got those unbelievable scores and can take such high-res pictures of his TV, surely he would be able to find a way to record them on video. Furthermore, why would he expect to be taken seriously without video? Reminds me of PD~.

Suppose he doesn't know about us (nor care?) He only submitted scores for the pipes, if he was a photoshopper maybe he'd just go nuts and take like all the scores? Not everyone has video, he might live with his parents, unable to get a cap card easily. All of these prove nothing, it's just our assumptions that if he was "as good as us then he would act like us." That's not always the case. :no

Quote:
5) If I got those scores and I didn't have vids, I would be glad to explain how I did it -- but that guy did not respond to your question of how he got those scores, which would indicate that he has no idea.

Ahh, I doubt he checks in with Cyberscore just to hang out. He might not even know I posted. I PM'd him but what if he doesn't check the e-mail of the account he registered with at Cyberscore?

Quote:
gondee, that kid just looked at the Cyberscore scoreboards and faked some pics (or used a cheat device) with scores that he thought were within the realm of possibility. You can post my 4.87 Junction picture (which is a lossless, half size version of his original picture with a 5 replaced by an 8) on Cyberscore and see if they approve it. My bet is that they will.

Now this I don't doubt, I'm not saying in the slightest that Cyberscore is any kind of definitive proof, and there's just enough here to say "This looks Fishy." What I'm also saying is that nothing he's done is outside the realm of possibility, as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:14 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
RE Virus wrote:

Sure thing there MKM ("There is no one on earth who can beat that guy! FBX: :heh :heh :heh ")

I'm not saying igloo's Junction, my Schizo, Chaos' Perp scores are not beatable. Just not by that much. And by the same person.

Quote:
:heh Anyway, I don't think they're beyond the realm of possibility - the fact that he used single player means he could have done the "starting with full boost" trick, which might not add much, but maybe enough to score what he did.

It doesn't take any extra time at all to build up the boost. You build it up while picking up the 30x. There's no extra time at all to gain on the superpipes by starting with full boost either.

Quote:
FWIW, I doubt him more than I believe him, because I know how hard you guys worked at those scores and I know you just broke 4 mil on Schizo the very last week before On Tour came out. What I'm saying is "Is it possible"? It could be.
Junction Score: 374K difference (a little more than one good jump)
Schizo: 382K difference (a little more than one good jump)
Perp: 200K (less than one good jump)

Counting by "good jumps" is an extremely inaccurate measurement. It's like if I write your age in centuries instead of years. You're 0 centuries old. Or you're 2 decades old.

It's all about the time. You'd need at least 6 seconds for another "good jump" of 240k (X-X) or 280k (X-SA-SA). Where is he gonna get those 6+ seconds from, his ass?

Quote:
Tell me, does that seem " not humanly possible"? I don't think so - they're what one could score if one didn't have to waste time getting boost at the start of a race possibly. That's what I'm saying, if this guy's not some detective, then he randomly picked scores that are just good enough to take the top spot within the realm of possibility.

I think you've forgotten the gameplay mechanics and details of the superpipes...

Quote:

Even if his scores were reasonable, we should discount them until he proves at least one of them.

Quote:
Quote:

:heh Dude, c'mon. He just took a pic of his TV, the quality is bad, that proves nothing.

Take a closer look -- resize the image, mess with the colors... It's easy to see. He's clearly doing a uber where you spin like a lot.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't really see anything here that would negate a high score, he might start off in the middle pipe and then switch to a side, but I can't really discern where he is.

The only way to get the highest possible score on Schizo is using one of the side pipes and doing X-X-SA. The pic shows him landing out of the pipe area, and it looks like he comes out from the middle pipe, but it's difficult to be certain.

Quote:
Quote:

Suppose he doesn't know about us (nor care?) He only submitted scores for the pipes, if he was a photoshopper maybe he'd just go nuts and take like all the scores? Not everyone has video, he might live with his parents, unable to get a cap card easily. All of these prove nothing, it's just our assumptions that if he was "as good as us then he would act like us." That's not always the case. :no

We don't know -- nor need to know -- why he only submitted scores for the superpipes. Probably to make it more credible. Obviously, he did put some effort into it -- he just didn't know that we pro's would find out so easily.

Quote:
Quote:

Ahh, I doubt he checks in with Cyberscore just to hang out. He might not even know I posted. I PM'd him but what if he doesn't check the e-mail of the account he registered with at Cyberscore?

He gets 3 inhuman (to say the least) scores and doesn't even care to explain how he did it? That's like some astronauts going to the moon and then not wanting to talk about it...

Quote:
Quote:

Now this I don't doubt, I'm not saying in the slightest that Cyberscore is any kind of definitive proof, and there's just enough here to say "This looks Fishy." What I'm also saying is that nothing he's done is outside the realm of possibility, as far as I can tell.

It's far beyond the realm, I'm telling you. The only score I see as remotely possible is the Schizo one, which could be done by doing lots of X-X-SA. Take my 4.00 run and change 9 X-SA-SA's to X-X-SA's. And even still, you'd run out of time, as you'd need maybe 1-3 extra seconds to do those X-X-SA's.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:48 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:
I'm not saying igloo's Junction, my Schizo, Chaos' Perp scores are not beatable. Just not by that much. And by the same person.

Mmm...you're more right than wrong with that statement, assuming he hasn't discovered some new technique we don't know about. I believe that's likely if these scores are legit.

Quote:
It's all about the time. You'd need at least 6 seconds for another "good jump" of 240k (X-X) or 280k (X-SA-SA). Where is he gonna get those 6+ seconds from, his ass?

Maybe he has a god run, or some new technique? 6 seconds isn't a ton if he's as good as you all and has some secret technique. I'll agree though, that's reaching. I'm just saying it's not outside the broad range of possibility.

Quote:
Quote:

Even if his scores were reasonable, we should discount them until he proves at least one of them.

Well, I said I wouldn't discount him, but that's more for the sake of argument. I tend to agree that he should come to us if he wants to prove he's good.

Quote:
He gets 3 inhuman (to say the least) scores and doesn't even care to explain how he did it? That's like some astronauts going to the moon and then not wanting to talk about it...

I'm more of the mind he probably doesn't care about telling anyone or may not even have checked back onto Cyberscore since then.

I just play devil's advocate to spice up the SSX 3 forum a tad. This guy's a new development, and at least he's got screenshots which is more than we could say for a lot of the wanna be score claimers around.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:32 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Gondee, 6 secs is a huge amount of time when getting to the limits of the pipes. I think you're still thinking of Tricky showoff or something. :heh BAs and Pipes are practically speed runs with tricks being a necessity.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:54 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
RE Virus wrote:
Take a closer look -- resize the image, mess with the colors... It's easy to see. He's clearly doing a uber where you spin like a lot.

Maybe he's doing his 4 ubers to get level 2 uber?

The only way these are at all possible is if he found a new line. My 5.1 X-SA perp was perfect but that means nothing compared to even shoddy SA-X-SA (is that how Perp is done now?) runs that get 5.3 or whatever. I'm out of the loop. Anyways, what I'm saying is, if these are legit, it's with a different line and I guarantee somebody else here on merq is either dedicated enough or skilled enough to get much higher using the same line. In that sense though, I think all 3 are fake...

edit -- also, he wouldn't have to be that much of a detective, RE's scores are all on Cyberscore already. They're only a couple hundred thousand higher than each (as opposed to my shameful blowout of the SSX1 scoreboard :rolleyes )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:48 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
BlackDth wrote:
They're only a couple hundred thousand higher than each (as opposed to my shameful blowout of the SSX1 scoreboard :rolleyes )

You're not the only one. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: iglooman
Ahhh, didn't even know that you couldn't get platinum during single event, which blows my mind considering the hours spent playing. LOL.

However, the only way to beat the scores by this margin is with some completely new thing that could beat the fast X-X combination. Watch Chaos's perp run and try to find some room there. I'd bet my left nugget that you can't reach these scores with what we know about the game. And, I find it hard to believe that something completely new was discovered, but it IS possible. though very improbable.

Also, look closely at the Perp screen. Don't the numbers seem to tail off a little too much at the end as they don't seem quite parallel. The picture is at an angle, but they still seem a little off.

Occam's razor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
Watch Chaos's perp run and try to find some room there.

:heh Yeah, I understand that this is highly unlikely - I give you guys all the credit in the world for how high you pushed the bar - but it's not impossible like RE was saying. There might be something we're missing, remember, it wasn't someone from our forum that discovered the smurphy trick, it was some unknown (at the time) online person who discovered that.

Do I doubt the guy? Yeah, I do, I'm not gonna go out of my way to confirm his scores beyond what I've already done, mostly because I do think he's cheating through some method. Odds are he would have to come here to get the information necessary to get to the level to beat your all's score, even with watching the movies and reading the FAQ. I play devil's advocate here mostly because it's interesting and lends a little life to the SSX 3 forum. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:54 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
He's proven his other two 1st places in other games with pictures as well, but I don't want to search for them. Might mean something... or not...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:12 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
If something new was indeed found, chances are it wouldn't just add some 200k to our bests. Chances are it'd be a lot more, get what I'm saying.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 344  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 313 of 344 [ 8593 posts ]  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 344