Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:28 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm  Post subject: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I figured with the game being out now, the other topic was kind of obsolete now so why not start anew? :D Some retailers broke the street date and it's midnight somewhere for the people who bought the digital version. People are playing it somewhere right now. :) I would have been able to pick it up at midnight if my county didn't have the some of the strictest blue laws in the country...that'll learn me to preorder a huge game in county, next time, i'm going somewhere else, but anyways... :lol

---

Now it's time to talk gameplay and impressions and online (when it's available) and all the good stuff that comes with a mega release like this.

*** For the love of god and all things holy, please use Spoiler Tags for story stuff and anything you think might be a spoiler of some sort. ***

---

Links and Other things of Note

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist
https://itunes.apple.com/app/grand-theft-auto-ifruit/id697056811

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
still waiting in line here... 1:40 left to go :heh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:19 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Oh Sunday I was aware it was coming out today. But yesterday I was so busy that I completely forgot about it, and today I opened my browser and twitch.tv is one of the websites I have on auto open tab. The front page had someone playing it. I was like, how on earth are they playing it early? Then I closed the browser still feeling sleepy and went on Facebook. Two people on my friends list had posted pictures of them holding the box!!! OMG IT'S TUESDAY! Lol.

Sorry for that pointless and dumb story, haha. But I am getting in the shower now then I'm off to the shops to see if there are any copies left!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I hate to be that person, but if there was something I could give less of a fuck about than Gareth Bale's transfer saga it's this game.

I mean I bought it, but so overhyped.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: new one - PM me
Bout time Vix, i am installing that 98 Metacritic game,

Can't wait :woot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Wind_Waker23 wrote:
still waiting in line here... 1:40 left to go :heh

Ahh, I didn't have to queue. Just strolled into Tesco and there right in the entrance was a large shelf with a thousand copies of xbox and ps3 versions. Nobody near it either. Just grabbed 1 and not even a queue to pay. Lol. But it was mid afternoon.

Ok so I have one question about the game, anyone know how to use the indicators? Ive seen the AI NPC cars indicating just not sure how to do it myself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Its my nephews birthday today and he had GTA5, Ive just sat and watch them playing, just messing around really. Looks good, the graphics look great and the conrtols over the character seem more fluid. Thats all I can say really, Im in no rush to buy it yet as I have a few projects to finish first but soon :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Can't believe a guy got stabbed here in the UK for his copy of the game. Complete stupidity!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: MistressWiggle
CurryKingDH wrote:
Can't believe a guy got stabbed here in the UK for his copy of the game. Complete stupidity!

Wait that ACTUALLY HAPPENED? I thought that was Sickipedia joking.

This fucking country. :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:34 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Nope, it was on the news just :/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:32 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
I've been playing the game so I haven't seen the news.

Wow. What a loser. Thats so sad and pathetic. I mean wtf. I'm an avid gamer and I don't even want the game that bad... he must love games even more than me if he'd stab someone over it. Gaming freak psycho?

Well at least they can't blame the games influence, as it hadn't been played yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Ho-lee crap. This game is amazing. It looks SOOO much better than I was expecting. Dat lighting. :eek

I love Chop. I kind of just want to have a whole game devoted to him. :heh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:49 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
I got my game earlier today but I'm about to install it now finally. Can't wait. I was watching video's of it for the first time last night and got so excited. I've been avoiding pretty much everything gta 5 related.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I got it and played it for about 4 hours so far. Its ok - if just more of the same. Another city to learn / more fumbling fingers trying to select the right weapon. Too much swearing and bad hip hop. Many tiny info windows perpetually popping up confusing the issue. I'm not interested in clothing / dog training / playing darts or getting haircuts either. Its not the Sims.
But - it does look good. The humour is still intact ... so I'm in, yeah....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I have never been GTA's biggest fan. I always thought the games were really overrated. Don't get me wrong, I have bought every console version just hoping that it would keep me interested... and all have failed. So why did I bother with this one? Well, for one.. the trailer for the online sold me. Looked like fun to get a party and mess around in the game with the different activities.

I got the game and played about 6 hours of it yesterday and here are my thoughts. First off, the game looks amazing. Graphics are by far some of the best this gen. The story gets you from the very start, doesnt really build up... its just interesting right away. Franklin and Michael are awesome! The controls are much more responsive and fluid. the driving...omg, the driving is a million times better than in GTA IV. Needless to say, im very happy with this game. This is by far the best game in the series for me. If i have to bitch about something, it would be the same thing i bitch about for alot of games... the framerate. I really wish this was 60fps, but who am i kidding... Maybe they will improve it if they decide to bring it to the new consoles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Agreed Yoshi. About the only complaint I have about the game is trying to drive and shoot - talk about a waste of ammo! Everything else is well-refined.

And yes vix, I have already created a pimped out station wagon. Cost more than half my current money, and they don't even have hydraulics for it anymore, but I don't care. :pimp <-- station wagon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:39 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Agreed.
Driving is absolutely fantastic! Better than I was even hoping for, let alone expected.
Graphics and story telling are very impressive. It rarely feels linear.

Inconsequential spoiler :P
| Click to reveal hidden content
As for Chop... you can throw the ball off a bridge and far away... he will find the way and bring it back, even if it takes 10 minutes!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
I absolutely hate the way the cars handle. It's almost as bad at gta iv to me. Maybe I haven't found good cars yet or something but I hate it so far. That's really my only complaint at this point. Franklin's special ability helps a bit but it seems that the slightest movement of the stick and I'm doing a 180. I tried a race last night and it was an absolute joke.

There's so much to see and do though. I did about seven story missions last night in four or five hours of playing cause I kept getting sidetracked. I took my blimp out and promptly crashed it after a police copter kept trying to crash in to me after I flew into a restricted zone. My BMX bike got impounded. I rode the roller coaster and ferris wheel.

Chrome, I agree with the info blocks...they seem to pop up when I can't actually look at them. Heh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: new one - PM me
+1 Vix, it is just horrific.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:28 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Vehicles are a joy for me... I can fly along the highway at mega speeds while avoiding traffic no problems. Not like NFS Most Wanted where I was crashing every 10 seconds. I'm able to get from A to B without more than a scratch to the bodywork while also driving fast and recklessly. The braking is sick, driving at night feels especially like real life to me, with the car lights. Only problem is driving is on the right side of the road instead of the left, but I guess cos it's based on America.

Franklin has a Ford GT and nice motorbike in his Garage. Michael has a Zonda and Dodge Viper in his garage.

My main issue right now is cash... I spent all my cash on doing up the cars and have less than $100 with both. Haven't found the big bucks yet ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I scored over $200,000 with Franklin on the big jewellery heist but blew most of it buying 'Smoke On the Water' (the medical cannabis business).

Trevor seems to start the game with over $100,000.

I always hate the flying missions but eventually landed the crate on a small airstrip. Flew under 4 /50 bridges on my way for one of the side missions.

I've done about 20% of the game but I'm a bit lost tbh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
I played more last night, after I made that post...

I still don't like the driving...I don't hate it as much as I did last night but it still sucks arse to me. Taking corners is all wibbly wobbly. It's so easy to spin out. I'll get used to it... I've seen a ton of posts on the internets asking rockstar to patch the driving.

According to my stats, I've done about 20% of the game. I ran a triathlon last night and managed to win it. Did a few missions and tonya's side missions.

I'm still mixed on the switching characters...but I can't totally judge that yet, I don't have Trevor yet. I think what might be bugging me out about that is the new game feeling, I'm still trying to learn all the new controls and crap. :lol

Slight spoilers from dialogue from early in the game...
Click to reveal hidden content: show
i heard on the radio that the biker gang from liberty city, the lost I think it was, is here in sa causing trouble. And before the jewelry store heist, the guy made a remark about niko which I thought was a nice throwback

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:45 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
I don't mind driving but it's still not good enough for me to ever do those races with Franklin. It's just too easy to sideswipe something and too hard to get your speed back up once you do.

Love the switch mechanic and believe it or not I love all three characters. :woot

Comment on vix's spoiler:
Yeah...you run into the biker gang. :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:42 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
found this up in the hills.
Cell Phone shot

In game cell phone shot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:32 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Yeah, after driving around a bit more, I can tell they have built on from what they had with GTA IV. It's just kinda working for me. The main issue is the wobbliness and the 180 degree spin thing... you can't do any massive drifts like you might expect.

I could have been much further by now but I keep getting sidetracked and doing my own thing ^^

I've been running missions with Trevor for a while now, so I think I must be near the end of this opening section. He's fun!

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4