Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:44 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Should we allow larger (in file size only) avatars and signatures?
Yes 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
No 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:30 am  Post subject: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
So ever since the last Grav Awards, I've been thinking about this. Do you guys want to be able to use longer animated gifs? If so, how big? 250K? 500K?

The important thing to remember here is that larger animations mean larger load times for users. And if we increase the sigs and avs past a certain size, I may make them invisible to visitors, since downloading 10MB of sigs and avs for every new user isn't a great idea. So do you all want things like those ultra long stick figure anime signatures around here?

Likewise, there will be no increase in actual size of stuff at all. The limits of 125x125 for Avs and 800x200 for sigs will remain.

Let me know what you think! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 am  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I voted yes. With internet speeds these days, this shouldn't be much of an issue. =\

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Id go for no, unless its Mavs stuff for the Grav awards :thumbsup as internet speed where I live is near none exsistent. I can play online (Just) but my download speeds for demos etc is pretty poor, dont really want to add to that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Im agreeing with Yeti.
No unless its for grav stuff. I dont really see the need of having longer running gifs than we already have and i get really bad internet at random times so it may hinder others aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
PSN: Emu90
Nope. Gifs are 90% silly. I can't believe they made a comeback from the early 2000s. It's a huge waste of bandwidth and I avoid sites with gifs like fire. Think about us who visit the site through mobile devices. My problem is not data, but rather that only strong desktop CPUs can handle multiple gifs at once. Yeah, no thanks.

Also, I the current limit seems to be more than enough for merpers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
I'd say no. My comp is a piece of shit and has trouble loading pages as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 am  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
GIF's are pointless, there is no point allowing them to be larger, what we have now is perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i love GIFs. they're hilarious (most of the time) and can be really cool. not that this is a conversation about GIFs or anything...

OTHER than GIFs, why would we need larger file sizes? images work fine and you rarely need to decrease their file size for them to work...

i didn't vote because i'm on the fence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Poll: Allow higher file size for Sigs and Avs?  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I'd got for a yes. 500k maybe? Even on mobile Merqury City loads extremely fast, so I'm basing my decision on that. I don't think there'll be much of an issue for anyone because of a file size increase.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]