Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:36 pm  Post subject: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: Kinomi_XD

this made me hyped even more, love the soundtrack!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:43 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: Kaavyn
Now he needs to try it without the wingsuit :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: Kinomi_XD
yep and I wonder what happens when you go outside of the "map". He could have gone there with the wingsuit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
I like that outfit, like he's strapped for winter combat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: DeimosClay
Have to say it looked like a normal race or something for the most part, there wasn’t really any visual representation of the survival aspect besides a bar in the corner. The iced screen only came up a little bit right at the end, so…ok then.
(I realise this person is probably making it look easy)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
Well, he stayed out of the shadows, so no frosty screen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
Tuesday can't come fast enough... :woot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: joejakt
I have a feeling that most of theses Survive It events will be easier by just using the wingsuit instead of the gear that you're supposed to use.
And awesome video by the way! Looks like cool stuff :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: Endemism
This just made me like Antarctica evan more. Super stoked!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: Evojet
Yeah, I hope the wingsuit isn't a gamebreaker.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
gondee's FAQ writer
Evojet wrote:

it won't be. keep in mind the purest test of skills will be not only getting medals, but also doing the survival events without any gear. In fact I believe there are trophies for doing all the Deadly Descents without any gear. Plus things like a whiteout, or pitch dark won't be affected by wingsuits at all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: Bluellama1
laidback0378 wrote:
Evojet wrote:

it won't be. keep in mind the purest test of skills will be not only getting medals, but also doing the survival events without any gear. In fact I believe there are trophies for doing all the Deadly Descents without any gear. Plus things like a whiteout, or pitch dark won't be affected by wingsuits at all.

It isn't no gear, as shown by the video, but not proper gear. This guy used the wingsuit instead of the solar panel but got the achievement for doing the descent improperly geared.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: Bildi
Without the wingsuit this will make a brilliant custom global event.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:37 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: LilG912912
That outfit for Mac looks good on him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: RASENrafficaz
One Step for Awesome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: MrPanic1989
I like how his survival probability was only 1%.

I want to defy reality too, 2 March is so far away :cry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 am  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
I'm kinda sad I watched that. Not because I didn't like it, but because I loved it. The only thing that would have made it even more amazing was seeing it on my own console, but hopefully there are plenty more moments like that being kept in reserve :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 am  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: SnakeEyes Friex
PSN: snakeeyesfriex
Mus wrote:

great for walking the dog to.....

:)

Cool Video! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 am  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
XBL: delrazor
SnakeEyes Friex wrote:
Mus wrote:

great for walking the dog to.....

:)

Cool Video! :)

LOL..

Also, I'm betting if you try to exit the course, you'll just get bumped back by the "non-existant" rubber invisible walls they are using in the game.. There's definitely invisible blocking walls on the 2 tracks we have on the demo.

Also.. I wonder how the wingsuit would work in Avalance DDs.. jump once, float all the way to the bottom? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: xmscott
That is so awesome

Stream : http://stream.spreadtheonavirus.com/livexm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
gondee's FAQ writer
Bluellama1 wrote:
laidback0378 wrote:
Evojet wrote:

It isn't no gear, as shown by the video, but not proper gear. This guy used the wingsuit instead of the solar panel but got the achievement for doing the descent improperly geared.

Dang, your right. I misread some of the acheivements and thought that it was no gear, which I thought would be really challenging. Still I guess using another piece of gear forces us to think differently, even if its cheesy for some of them. I can't imagine how hard it must be to implement something so game changing as a wing suit and then balance the game to prevent players from using it in unexpected ways. Sounds like hell lol.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: BuckNasty2501
so do classic controls still = slow spin in the full game?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
no, that was a bug in the demo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
He's Riding my Yeti Board - But its a different colour? can you choose board colour contrasts or does the new colour suit affect the boards as well?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX - It's Cold Out There (Trophy) Video  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
No you can't change board colors or anything. I've seen a couple fan boards that were a bit off, including my helium heart, but not THAT much.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  1, 2