Forum for Games and Chit-Chat topics. Lightly Moderated.
Post a reply

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:34 am

:| Does anyone know another snowboarding game's similar to the SSX series? :|

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 am

Coolboarders.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:50 pm

There was the Nintendo version called 1080 Avalanche, but the franchise was killed off by SSX3 :D There's others besides SSX such as:
Amped
Stoked
Snowboard Kids
and SSX Blur :lol

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 am

Dark Summit.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:07 am

Similar to SSX only an off-road game, Pure. Great game.

The best snowboarding game so far this gen is Stoked: Big Air Edition, but it's not similar to SSX.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 pm

A problem I've seen in other snowboarding games is either very rigid handling, no sense of tricks, or lack of speed. I think it was in Amped where I saw a gameply vid, and you were always going like 5 miles an hour :glare And no other snowboarding game (except Snowboard hero on the iPhone) that I know of has the insane tricks that SSX does.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Try and check out a game called Cool Boarders. I really liked it. But not as good as this one

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 pm

There aren't really any like SSX

There's a series on the Nintendo 64 called Snowboard Kids. I know this is probably useless to you but you may have an N64 or a USB gamepad with analog sticks.

It's kind of like an over the top kart racing game with snowboards. Snowboard Kids 2 is the better of the two. Here's a video. The audio's loud.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Remember that one game called SNOW?

Well these were first screens:
http://snowthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/image005.jpg

Then..... shit pretty much got real. They discovered the tools of CryEngine 3 and graphics blew up.
http://snowthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SNOW_Afternoon.jpg

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:24 am

Then there was this game on the PlayStation called Chill. You basically race against the clock while trying to get enough trick points, and then there would be these special segments that bring some variety into the tracks. It's all horribly clunky though. I don't even know how I managed to complete it.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 am

I used to play a game called downhill domination and it was insane tricks on mountain bikes and the mountains were gnarly you would always have to dodge trees after lighting storms and stuuff

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am

:lol i remember back in the olden days of ssx 3 talk on gamefaqs...

if you compared ssx3 with downhill domination, you got chewed out. :lol :lol

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 am

How could you guys forget 1080
snowboarding?, that game was sick on the 64.

Besides SSX and Cool Boarders,
the others were pretty forgettable.
Post a reply