Forum for Games and Chit-Chat topics. Lightly Moderated.
Post a reply

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 pm

I used to have a wakeboarding game for ps2 It was alright but like any new game needed some improvement I figured a sequel could have fixed the issues, Course there never was a sequel. That was probably around 15 years ago now .

The return of SSX has got me thinking if SSX sells well do you think it might lead developers to try making other sports games like maybe wakeboarding ( who'd popularity has skyrocketed in the last 15 yrs} or wateskiing, or a good surfing game or something?????

I buy video games to play for fun and kinda miss games where the main goal is not to kill something.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm

There were SO MANY games that tried to share the success that SSX Tricky had when it came out. Not just other snowboarding games like Dark Summit and Amped, but other racing games like Splashdown and Freekstyle have similarities to the game. If this new SSX somehow reignites the over-the-top arcade extreme sport genre that was created and died out along with SSX in the past, I wouldn't count it out.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 am

A scootering game like skate would be sick!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

im guessing you were playing wakeboarding unleashed on the ps2. that game was a blast~

i wouldnt get your hopes up for a new one though~

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm

wakeboarding on Wii Sports Resort is super shallow but is still fun for a while

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Titan wrote:im guessing you were playing wakeboarding unleashed on the ps2. that game was a blast~

i wouldnt get your hopes up for a new one though~

Ya that was the game........funny thing is I was watching some real life video recently of Red Bull's wakeboard team wakeboarding in a swamp, just like in that game... And nowdays a wakeboarding game might fly cuz wakeboarding is way more popular than it was then

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 am

yeah i had a demo of that game. it was awesome. i'll probably repurchase it.

i had transworld surfing and kelly slater's pro surfer. those were awesome games.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I think I played the demo too, if that's the same one that came with THPS4.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:29 pm

yes, i believe it was. it's a great game with awesome music.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah. Wakeboarding Unleashed was damn cool.

Anybody remember Transworld Surf? I loved that game.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 am

^ yes. i lovvvvved transworld surf. i like the sandbox/open world feeling to the levels. you could paddle around and ride different waves in different areas. that was awesome.

buuuuut i gotta say Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer is the best. i love love love that game.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:47 pm

I remember having a surfing game for ps2, never did get very good at it but I thought it a really cool game. Playstation 2 seemed to have a lot of different types of games that were fun to play.
Post a reply