Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 am  Post subject: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
The russian helicopter pilot, I think his name is Yuri.... Does anyone know the name of the actor who did his voice?

I ask because I think this guy sounds just like Marcus from Borderlands (voiced by Bruce DuBose) and I've been trying to find out for a while if it is the same guy.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Nick_Bester
killrnut wrote:
The russian helicopter pilot, I think his name is Yuri.... Does anyone know the name of the actor who did his voice?

I ask because I think this guy sounds just like Marcus from Borderlands (voiced by Bruce DuBose) and I've been trying to find out for a while if it is the same guy.

Thanks!

I've never looked... But won't that be in the Credits? I think I recall the Credits are in the same menu as Badges/Rivals/Ridernet/etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
Ya know I remember there used to be a lot of interest about the voice actors in here. I'm not sure how it ended, but I don't think they're in the credits for some reason. I don't know though, never checked myself.

If it was Marcus that'd be awesome :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Veckodag
That's the thing. I watched the credits pretty close after the completion of World Tour, and I don't recall seeing any mention for the voice actors. :???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
well, google is useless, i tried searching with the phrase "SSX 2012 voice actors" and got nothing.... i shall keep searching though

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Isnt Yuri also called Red? i thought there was different names for him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:

I thought the russian one was called Dragonfly? But I might be mistaken. At least one of the three pilot's are called that.

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
GeeFunk2010 wrote:
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:

I thought the russian one was called Dragonfly? But I might be mistaken. At least one of the three pilot's are called that.

The french one is dragonfly, the russian is Sledgehammer I think? IDK what the austrailian one is though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Trolling4free
KaorisFutureBF wrote:
GeeFunk2010 wrote:
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:

The french one is dragonfly, the russian is Sledgehammer I think? IDK what the austrailian one is though.

The Russian is Yuri/Red, Australian is Wizard and The French is Dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:17 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
I think the australian is Red.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
XBL: SSXGreg97
PSN: SSXGreg97YTinHD
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
I think the australian is Red.

Nope it's wizard.

Yuri = Russian Pilot
Wizard = Australian Pilot
Dragonfly = French Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
Yes, he is Wizard, but I think he is also Red.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
I'm pretty sure I remember Psymon saying something like "I don't need your pampering, Red" after jumping out of the chopper for the Rock DD.
It's been quite a while though, and I've had pilot voices turned off since then :heh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:52 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
I remember everyone, pretty much, had a name to call the Russian guy

it got me all confuzzled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 am  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
PSN: Veckodag
The russian pilot's name is Yuri. He is sometimes referred to as Red, due to his nationality and heritage (A former Soviet Union pilot).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
OK to clear all confusion,

Austrailian Pilot=Wizard (Call sign=Interceptor 0-8)
Russian Pilot=Red or Yuri (Call sign=Sledgehammer 6-0)
French Pilot=Dragonfly (Call sign=Arclight 8-3 or something like that, it's hard to hear through her accent :heh )

I've played way too much SSX to understand the pilot's names and call signs :heh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
XBL: Minty Fishbowl
How did you guys learn their names? I know Yuri refers to himself in third-person a lot, but how did you find out Dragonfly and Wizard?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
Minty_Fishbowl wrote:
How did you guys learn their names? I know Yuri refers to himself in third-person a lot, but how did you find out Dragonfly and Wizard?

Dragonfly states her name in W.T mode.
Wizard is mentioned in W.T in the description for emergency exit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
So no one is sure who the actors are who played Yuri, along with the other helicopter pilots.

Oh well, makes me feel a little better. I googled the hell out of it. Nothing found.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Russian helicopter pilot's Voice.  
Yeah, I've been frustrated since the game came out that the actors aren't listed, you'd think EA of all companies would credit the voice actors. Especially since they go out of their way to make sure you know they are there.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]