Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 pm  Post subject: On Tour Disk crapped  
Hi.

My On Tour Disk doesn't work...when i wanted to start it, the Playstation Logo came and dissapeared. Suddenly i heard the crapped-Disk-Sound.

No Scratches on it.

What to do?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
You lucky bastard. :glare

But, here's a tip I use for my games and while it will sound stupid as hell, I promise it will work, and no, it will not destroy your game. First, put the game under the faucet and get it as wet. Now, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Start boiling some water, and get a large flat bowl ready. After 10 minutes, the water on the game will be frozen, so take it out and immediately put it in the bowl and dump all of the boiling water on it. If you look closely, you'll see a small amount of oil, dust, and other residues on the surface of the water. Get the game out with a fork or something, obviously grabbing it by the middle so as not to scratch the DVD. Clean with a *LINT* free towel (very important) and make sure it's very dry (rub gently though). Pop it in, and there's a 9/10 chance it'll work now. I do it with all my games and it hasn't ever failed yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:05 pm  Post subject:   
In addition, you could try recalibrating your PS2 laser through the diagnostic menu. Recalibrate using your On Tour disc.

http://ps2repairs.amenet.co.uk/diagnostic.htm

That site doesn't think much of it, but it solved my problems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:21 pm  Post subject:   
@alpmaster that works?? xD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:25 pm  Post subject:   
I promise alpmaster's method won't work.

It might work if your disc has gooey stuff all over it, or even small scratches, but if it doesnt then I wouldn't do that. Your best bet is to exchange the game....or you could clean the laser.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:36 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
The method really works, I've done it easily over 100 times (I found it out in the 8th grade). It won't restore a game to brand new, but it will definitely make it playable if possible.

Your best bet is to invest in a Disk Doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:42 pm  Post subject:   
I've tried just the boiling method many times, and it never worked. I guess I'll give the freeze boil method a try next time...I doubt itll help though. I'm guessing it might even damage the disc since you're causing such a drastic change in temperature.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:03 am  Post subject:   
I try it again now.

Oh my God. My PS2 goes tictactictactictactictactictac like a 1/1000 Second Clock.

But...OMG...WTF...???

It works now!!! o.O :eek

signature is comin >.>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:56 am  Post subject:   
"Oh my God. My PS2 goes tictactictactictactictactictac like a 1/1000 Second Clock."

I remember hearing that somewhere before....I think its something about a gear mechanism for the laser? You have to open your PS2 up to fix that...Google it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:33 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
I would rather smile than cry if my On Tour disc didn't work.

Good to hear it's working again. :yes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:46 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
alpmaster wrote:
But, here's a tip I use for my games and while it will sound stupid as hell, I promise it will work, and no, it will not destroy your game. First, put the game under the faucet and get it as wet. Now, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Start boiling some water, and get a large flat bowl ready. After 10 minutes, the water on the game will be frozen, so take it out and immediately put it in the bowl and dump all of the boiling water on it. If you look closely, you'll see a small amount of oil, dust, and other residues on the surface of the water. Get the game out with a fork or something, obviously grabbing it by the middle so as not to scratch the DVD. Clean with a *LINT* free towel (very important) and make sure it's very dry (rub gently though). Pop it in, and there's a 9/10 chance it'll work now. I do it with all my games and it hasn't ever failed yet.

That's a very interesting method... Do you have any idea if that would work with non-pressed dyes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:39 pm  Post subject:   
yo that method sounds screwed up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 am  Post subject:   
When my ssx ot stopped working it was the PS2's fault evan though other games worked fine. If you have an original its probably full of dust by now. Unscrew the eight screws under the plastic and rubber caps on the underside and clean it out with cotton buds. Also open up the laser box and clean the disk tray out.

Just three things to keep in mind though.
Un plug it first ( Obviousley )
The silver thing that looks like a strip of aluminium is a ribbon wire and shouldnt be touched. ( My one came out of its socket. PS2 woulnt swich on but it did work again when I realied and put it back in)
Once you break the seal on the back of the machine th warrenty is no longer valid. ( But its probaly cheaper t buy a new machine than end it off to an official cleaner)

This got my ssx ot woking.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]