Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Sun May 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Should every character has the same amount of stats(like in ssx3) or should each character have their own stats(like in tricky)?

Personally, I liked ssx3 because it let you play as whoever you wanted and the scoreboards didn't consist of just mac and elise, :lol

Think about it, they could make the worst character in the game, EEEK Viggo! have the best stats and force you to play as that pansy :lol

What I would like to see is character specific ubers, no more swapping tricks. That was lame.

Mon May 02, 2005 8:45 am

Yeah, keep the Character-Specific Ubers to their own characters. Nobody else can use them, but if you wanna swap it for another one you can. Like only Mac can do Walking the Dog, but you can switch it for Trickitello or something if you wanted.

Mon May 02, 2005 9:12 am

ide prefer the 11 stats for every one and some uber tricks only certain characters can use

Mon May 02, 2005 11:02 am

They should have character specific stats, but actually put thought into it like ssx 1. In SSX Tricky, every fucking showoff was mac, and every race was either elise or maybe somtimes brodi.

In SSX 1, theres a bunch of world records that use:
Mac
Kaori
Jp
Elise
Hiro
Zoe

You had to see who was all around best for the track, for your line, and for your strategy. God SSX 1 is so perfect.

Mon May 02, 2005 12:30 pm

i was just playing some ssx one and hot damy i suck at it....:lol

I think ssx1's concept could work but would it make every character playable in some fashion....it's possible...

But for some reason, I see ssx4 doing the equal stats all around so you just play as whoever you want.

Mon May 02, 2005 1:11 pm

I seriously doubt they're going to make a "Dan"-esque character for the next SSX game. :heh

(for those that don't know, Dan was a weak-ass character for the Street Fighter series. For those that mastered him, they did it to insult the players that were really good with everyone else lol)

Mon May 02, 2005 5:13 pm

Personally, i believe the characters should start with different stats, and those are increaseable, like in Freekstyle. THere should be character specific ubers that only one person has. I would also like to see some ubers from they SSX tricky characters they scrapped, like Eddie's proper propeller and brodi's hang 10 backflip.

Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 pm

Tricky style. Why should every character be exactly the same??!

Tue May 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Well, even though they all had the same stats, I could still tell the difference between each one. I don't really know nor care what kind of stat system they're gonna go for this time around.

Wed May 04, 2005 5:02 pm

With the announcement that the game will feature a "create a character" option, this may be a moot issue. If they take a page from Tiger Woods, the pre-made characters will have fixed stats, and the CAC will start at zero & work up to "double black diamond" status.

I did prefer the Tricky game design, though. My first two characters were Brodi and Mac (in that order), and there was a major difference between the two. Then again, that could have just been the alpine board (another feature I hope they bring back!)

It's just more realistic to think that not everyone will be as good at something as everyone else. Think back to your classic 2D fighters; the characters don't have to be identical, just balanced.

Wed May 04, 2005 5:06 pm

RedTyga wrote:Well, even though they all had the same stats, I could still tell the difference between each one. I don't really know nor care what kind of stat system they're gonna go for this time around.

Wed May 04, 2005 5:23 pm

RedTyga wrote:Well, even though they all had the same stats, I could still tell the difference between each one. I don't really know nor care what kind of stat system they're gonna go for this time around.

They're all exactly the same.

Wed May 04, 2005 6:26 pm

All their stats may be the same but again, I could tell the difference between the riders as far as speed, how much air they get, how long they'll stay in the air, etc.

Wed May 04, 2005 7:16 pm

There was no difference.

Wed May 04, 2005 8:15 pm

RedTyga wrote:All their stats may be the same but again, I could tell the difference between the riders as far as speed, how much air they get, how long they'll stay in the air, etc.

There was no difference. Any difference you noticed was the difference that you percieved as you were playing the character, most likely because they were larger/smaller than another character. But there is no real difference.

Wed May 04, 2005 8:52 pm

Yep, they were all equal in every aspect....it just felt like one character had something better than another....equal in every way...i think even at one point EA reassured us of this point.
Post a reply