Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:35 pm  Post subject: Review Help  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Hello fellow SSXers and dear friends of the internet.

I've finally have the urge to come out of my shell to ask for your help. For school, I am writing up game reviews for the local school paper which I have to assess and give my own opinion on games. For one of them, I would like to assess SSX (2012).

So why do I need your help? Well, I want to know why you love the game so much! :D

I love the game so very much but I also would like to see reasons why you love the game. I'm not asking for a huge paragraph but just little lines on what you think what makes SSX(2012) a good game for you. You can talk a little about racing, tricks, etc.

Just saying for people who contribute, I would like to use your username and mention this site in the review (with gondee's or grandmort's permission) but if you want, I can reject that and I could do it without mentioning. Just tell me if you're ok with it or not.

Ok, cracking! Thanks guys, this will help me soo much in my life. :D

*EDIT* I will leave this here for about a fortnight then will pick out some good responses from you guys! :D

Last edited by Joshie2499 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
I love the game because of how different the game is from other games, and how you can improve so much by just playing for fun, rather than having to dedicate yourself and constantly retry to get good scores. (Naturally, the very top level of play is different, but that's the same for every game)

You gradually pick up stuff as you play. Most other games you start at a certain level and are at your peak once you learn the game's quirks, but the control system of SSX gives you so much room for improvement, and the physics of the game feel amazing to pull off stunts, and jumps.

There's nothing like doing a trick-it off of the Ice Survival place (so long since I played, forget the name) and not letting go of the boost button once. Jumping over the chasm while pulling off awesome tricks, and landing on the other side. Not to mention when you find the awesome big air spots, like that one jump on one of those Patagonia mountains.

Oh, if only I still had a console. You're making me want to play it again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
This is a video I did for the Ubercast episode where people gave their reviews of the game. That episode would be of great use to you if you can find it.

Anyway, baby face me from a couple years ago... not looking at the camera because I was recording it just for the audio :p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
The first reason to love SSX2012 is that we had waited so long for a return of a worthy sequel to Tricky and SSX3 and here it was. Although not the best of the bunch (SSX3 is still the king of the games for me) it did capture enough of the spirit of the older games and add new ideas into the mix - as well as the amazing graphics - to keep me interested and playing for a decent length of time. Story mode and free-ride options to go exploring every inch of this game will put in more hours of play than some AAA games on release now that cost twice as much.
This is possibly the second most played SSX game in my house, just overtaking Tricky. Its a solid base for a next gen game to build up from and hope for more to come in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 am  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
Actually, I can't do this review until 2 months time so...

Go nuts, I'll be listening! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 am  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
Gonna update this, I'll be making a new issue in the next upcoming month or so. I wanna get as many as possible and if I can Curry, I could probably transcribe your talk into written words. Gonna be so cool you guys! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Review Help  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
I'll be making a new issue in the next upcoming month or so.

Cool.

I like SSX because it is a really great remake of a great series, especially on the 360 and PS3! Oh, and there is a lot of competition if you are 1 point behind da diamond! 321 go rocks! (after it was free on 360)

If you are going to use my username, you have to put PeacefulJarl379 as my username, since that is the name i use around the net.

PeacefulJarl379

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]