Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:08 pm  Post subject: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX

So this month marks the tenth anniversary of The Gravitude Bar, Merqurycity.com's forum, and official "life" of the site. While the site itself started in Fall of 2000, it didn't really take off until we opened the Grav Bar to act as the center of the SSX Universe. And for ten years now, we've done just that.

A few tidbits for your consideration:
  • The Grav Bar has over 5000 members who have posted almost 225,000 times! :eek
  • We have over 600 Master Runs hosted or listed on our site, going back OVER ten years. Our users are routinely recognized as the top SSX players in the world and have always defied expectations on just how fast you can go or how high you can score in SSX.
  • Our scoreboard contains thousands of scores for every console game in the series. We are widely acknowledged as the place to go if you want to challenge the "world record" for any SSX game.
  • We have significantly influenced every SSX game since SSX 3 in some way, shape or form, including creating hundreds of custom art assets for the last game, SSX (2012).
  • Guides written here are spread throughout the internet and serve as many people's Bible on how to play SSX. Our users have collaborated to create the SSX faqs since 2002.
  • We have hundreds if not thousands of pieces of fan art hosted on our Fan Art Gallery, including tons of concept art of every SSX game.

All of this is a jawdropping achievement and our members here should be proud. :yes

:china :china :china From the bottom of my heart, I thank and salute you, members of Grav! :china :china :china

NOW IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE!

In honor of our ten year anniversary, we will be having Gravitude Awards 11, complete with a custom artwork by MaverickEast and having the usual honorrifics which take place there. The Gravitude Awards are our community celebration of all things Gravitude, including selecting our most valuable members, our best artists, and other categories which have always shone a light on the best and brightest of our community.

At the end of the Gravitude Awards on or around the end of September...we'll have a huge Grand Finale!

I am proud to announce the Merqury City Decade Drawing!

By entering your name in a topic I will open in a few weeks (limited to members who have been here 30 days or more and who have been active at least in the last few years -- to prevent spamming of new users), you'll be entered into a drawing to win fantastic SSX Swag - and what sweet SSX Swag it is!

The Decade Drawing List of Prizes

SSX (2012) Fitted Hats - ranging from 7 1/4" to 7 5/8"

SSX "Elise" thumb drives

SSX Comic Books

Custom SSX Posters created from SSX Custom Artwork. This is just an example, I haven't see the art yet. :D

And one GRAND PRIZE winner who will receive 1 of everything I've listed above, plus something a little extra I can't announce the details on until it's finalized. But trust me, it's worth it.

Please note that I haven't quite worked out the details on the number of winners just yet, but obviously I'd like it to be as many people as we have prizes. Also be aware that the prize listings could change, as I haven't received them yet. :china

None of this would be possible without the help of the ever-amazing SSX Creative Director Todd Batty, who's really gone out of his way to help us celebrate Merq's Ten Year Anniversary in style! Feel free to drop him a line on Twitter at @kingbitty and express your thanks for his amazing generosity providing the prizes to celebrate the last amazing ten years!

Feel free to leave any feedback if you like, and let's get excited for Merq's Ten Year Anniversary!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: RalphBattle1
PSN: RalphBattle1
You've gotta be the coolest admin in the history of forums.
I'm glad I could be apart of the Grav Bar for most of those 10 years, if only in a small way.
I bow to you Gondee :china

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: joejakt
This is awesome!!! An excellent idea if I do say so myself! Fingers crossed I get something :D
And thanks to Mr. Batty of course :notworthy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Thanks guys, but really thank Todd Batty! He's the one who is doing all the footwork to line up the prizes. Stay tuned to twitter/facebook/the site to post in the "drawing" entry topic I'm going to post in a week or so.

Also, as soon as the Grand Prize is finalized, I can't wait to announce it for you. I honestly think it's better than 1 of all the prizes I announced above. :woot :woot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Ahh, Mr. Batty is behind this scheme as well. I say this is an awesome idea.....and i want you all to know i want that hat. I need that hat. And i am getting that hat.

But seriously.....10 years this site has been up and running? i wish i was with you guys for at least 5 yrs. This place is great. Congrats and Good luck to you all

*Even more seriously, you guys have no idea how badly i want one of those hats. i have been looking for some SSX schwag for awhile and nothing. Lets do this. :woot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: TendoQueen
Wow, dude! Ten years already?! Next January it'll be the same amount of time since I've joined. Mind blown! All those good times with you and Vix and GN and Toad and Tunes (not to mention all my nervous marveling at Solid Filip) doesn't seem like THAT long ago...or does it? I had just fallen in love with Psymon then! Ahhhh...:heh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
I spotted this among my RSS feeds and had to jump on over here to give my congratulations. :P

Ten years is an insane milestone for any website on the Internet. Kudos to all the awesome people who have kept this site an awesome place to be and one of the best forums I've ever had the pleasure of joining. :D

It's a shame I haven't been active lately... PC games have consumed me, and my XBL Gold ran out, so SSX has taken a bit of a back seat. But for sure the series will never leave me; I'll get back to playing eventually. :P

Thanks to everyone making this happen. Pure awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Emu90
I just wanna win. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Holy crap, TQ! Long time no see!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
That's ammaaaaaazzzing.

Really nice of Batty to provide stuff as well and make this ten year anniversary happen.

Exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Oh! Wow! Surprise!

This is wicked awesome. It'll be nice to see the site liven up a bit more! Many, many thanks to Mr. Batty for providing everything.

Now it's time to figure out who I'm gonna vote for this year's GAs... :gameboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: mobe7
Great news and a great idea. Count me in. Congratulations on the anniversary too!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:24 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Veckodag
This is amazing! 10 years, wow! Gondee and all the other people who have kept Merq running for all that time are all amazing. Thanks for keeping it real. SSX is means so much more than just "some game". Big up to Todd Batty for bring life back into SSX and being an awesome part of the community. :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
HAPPY 10th MERQ :woot :birthday

Thats an incredible achievement for an amazing community site full of fantastic people :thumbsup To have Todd backing the awards this year is AWESOME (and thank you dude) and I cant wait to see how even Mav can top his yearly award designs, even though he manages to do it year after year :yes

Big thanks to you as well G for arranging all this and keeping this place running smoothly over the years :china :notworthy :cheers

[yeti]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Endemism
Amazing achievement! Really want to thank Gondee and all the other hard working folks for keeping this place alive and interesting for so long. Really eager to see Maverick's graphics this year, always top notch. And BattyChaplin! Your interaction with the community has been outstanding.

Good times! :china

Edit: SSX caps?! I'm so into this now...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: SnakeEyes Friex
PSN: snakeeyesfriex
AWESOME !!! congrats Guys!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Nick_Bester
As a member & online gamer only since last year when SSX (2012) came out, I'll firstly say congrats on the upcoming 10 year milestone & it truly is an awesome forum! :thumbsup

Here's to the next 10... :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Still going strong! :cheers

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
wow...just wow :eek , it's amazing how long you guys have been keeping this community alive. and to be honest this and the brony fandom are the things i spend the majority of my time on, and not to mention i've actually expanded my friends lists on PSN and XBL thanks to you guys.

Gondee i give you my respect :china
and of course we have to thank Batty (who is our favourite troll :troll )
the only troll i will ever respect :china

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Some tunes:
10 years of Merq :birthday
I really want to thank Gondee for moderating and Grandmort for starting this awesome forum!
Of course also a big thanks to all the artists for the terrific art.
Last but not least: the fantastic members :D
:cheers

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
\o/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:40 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
PSN: Eeeyore
Congratulations gondee, great job over the last ten years, this forum has been a constant font of information, entertainment, camaraderie, and inspiration. Long may it continue :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
Ten years, wow. I can't believe I've been here for two, nevermind that the place has existed for ten. Here's to ten more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:00 am  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
10 years. It's actually pretty cool, even if I've only been around for one. Internet troubles are why I haven't posted recently, so don't think I've forgotten any of yous.
:birthday Merq!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Merqury City's Ten Year Anniversary Prize Drawing!  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
You have my attention....
I want a hat!!! :woot

And congrats on 10 yrs. Im so glad to have been a part of all 10 and even before!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 44 posts ]  1, 2