Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm  Post subject: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Do they make your tricks multiplier go up faster or do they give you more points when you let your combo sink in?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
right from gondee's FAQ over at gamefaq.com

2) TRICK MULTIPLIER MOD - This mod is a percentage added onto every
trick value, up to a max of 3% (at top level, legendary gear.) They also
stack, so 2 legendary L11 trick scoring bonus mods net you a 6% higher
score. These mods are always rare items in the store. On a 30M run,
two max level Multiplier mods would net you an extra 1.8M on your
final score. Not gamebreaking, but can help bump you over a friend
if you're desperate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
So what does using 3 do? Multiply it even more??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Ite wrote:

Yes, 3 should give you 9% more score from your combo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #3
XBL: Hero Complexity
PSN: HeroComplexity
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
Ite wrote:

Unless you're using a Legendary Trick Multiplier Mod, which'll give you the totaled addition of two Epic multipliers or three rare multipliers.

Also my point is that, once you find a legendary trick multiplier mod, you wouldn't need any other multiplier mod to use along with it for that event.

I've also tried the process above to further prove why you should only use the Legendary trick multiplier mod alone once you obtain it.

3 Rare's = 9%, 2 Epic's = 9%, 1 Legendary = 9%.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Hero Complexity wrote:
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
Ite wrote:

Unless you're using a Legendary Trick Multiplier Mod, which'll give you the totaled addition of two Epic multipliers or three rare multipliers.

Also my point is that, once you find a legendary trick multiplier mod, you wouldn't need any other multiplier mod to use along with it for that event.

I've also tried the process above to further prove why you should only use the Legendary trick multiplier mod alone once you obtain it.

3 Rare's = 9%, 2 Epic's = 9%, 1 Legendary = 9%.

Batty told us a while back that a rare was worth 1%, epic 2% and legendary 3%, but you can stack them. He also mentioned that it did not matter what level they are at since a level 1 legendary will get the exact same result as a level 11 legendary. You are saying a rare is worth 3%, epic 4.5% and legendary 9%? I am confused...... :???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Todd Smith wrote:
Batty told us a while back that a rare was worth 1%, epic 2% and legendary 3%, but you can stack them. He also mentioned that it did not matter what level they are at since a level 1 legendary will get the exact same result as a level 11 legendary. You are saying a rare is worth 3%, epic 4.5% and legendary 9%? I am confused...... :???

Well yes, a LvL 1 legendary is worth the same as a LvL 11 legendary mod. But I was stating that you wouldn't need to stack legendary trick multiplier mods since one of them already gives the maximum and same amount of bonuses as if it were 2 epic or 3 rare multipliers combined.

I ran across this when I was setting a score on Mornin Tiger. I had gotten 105mil on the track using 3 Legendary multipliers. Then, when I ran the same run again using only one legendary, my output for the score was the exact same. My 55mil run on One Step Ahead was also achieved by only using one Legendary Trick Multiplier mod.

But yes, Batty is right that a LvL 1 legendary mod is worth the same a LvL 11. Otherwise, 3 legendary's combined are only going to be worth the same as a 1 legendary, which means that you don't need to stack 3 legendary trick multipliers for the best score. Only one is needed for the best output.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Your score for a full run isn't really a reliable measure. Check how many points go into your combo from a Pieces of Flare, instead -- the base score is 1,000. If you get 1,090 from Pieces of Flare, you're getting a 9% bonus. 1,030 points means you're getting a 3% bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
mahkra wrote:
Your score for a full run isn't really a reliable measure. Check how many points go into your combo from a Pieces of Flare, instead -- the base score is 1,000. If you get 1,090 from Pieces of Flare, you're getting a 9% bonus. 1,030 points means you're getting a 3% bonus.

Ok mahkra, ill try your example but I know fissure that you don't need 3 legendary mods compared to 1 for setting your best and maximum score.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Thanks Hero, that is interesting.

What other mods do you use for a trick run? Lately, I just use 1 trick mod which gets me maxed out on my trick stat and a trick multiplier mod or two, but I quit using rocket mods since they seem to be a waste IMO for trick. What are your thoughts?

I know I already have a request in for Dont Make Me, but I would love to see a vid of Mornin Tiger as well if you dont mind and when you get up and running with your vids. I broke 65 mil on Mornin Tiger last week which I was really happy about, but damn 105 million is amazing! I would love to see how you do that......hell, even if I could just up my personal best 10 million or so I would be psyched! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Todd Smith wrote:
Thanks Hero, that is interesting.

What other mods do you use for a trick run? Lately, I just use 1 trick mod which gets me maxed out on my trick stat and a trick multiplier mod or two, but I quit using rocket mods since they seem to be a waste IMO for trick. What are your thoughts?

I know I already have a request in for Dont Make Me, but I would love to see a vid of Mornin Tiger as well if you dont mind and when you get up and running with your vids. I broke 65 mil on Mornin Tiger last week which I was really happy about, but damn 105 million is amazing! I would love to see how you do that......hell, even if I could just up my personal best 10 million or so I would be psyched! :)

:D Yea np at all Todd and my best score for Mornin Tiger is now 109mil, which was still obtained with only one Legendary trick multiplier mod.

Usually when tricking, I'll only use a Legendary trick multiplier mod for the fact that the trick stats on the boards I use are maxed. But I don't really use rocket mods either, even though they can get you into tricky at a faster rate. So I've also been trying those out into my runs.

And as for your requests Todd, I'll make sure to upload the runs for both Don't Make Me and Mornin Tiger on the same day. :yes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:10 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
109? :eek You are a maniac :china

Thanks man. Looking forward to the vids and learning a trick or two.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
So using 1 Legendary Trick Multiplier is the same as using 3??? :???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Ite wrote:

From what my experiences have been proving, yes. :yes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Hero Complexity wrote:
Ite wrote:

From what my experiences have been proving, yes. :yes

Good to hear so I should use 1 legendary and 2 other mods...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
mahkra wrote:

Ok mahkra, so I tried your example and this is the conclusion I came up with to further prove why using only one Legendary Trick Multiplier Mod is better than if you were to stack them.

Last edited by Hero Complexity on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:56 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Cool, thanks for testing it precisely Hero! I haven't had time to even turn on my game in a while, or I would've done it myself instead of just saying you were doing it wrong before. :P

That's really weird that the bonus drops to .2% when you stack 2 legendary mods... that's got to be a bug. Either the mods are supposed to stack but are not stacking properly, or the trick bonus is supposed to be capped at some value but is rolling over instead of stopping at that max value.

Any idea how many points you earn from other rarities of trick multiplier mod? If there's one that gives a 1% bonus (1,010 points from a Flare), do those ones stack properly? What if you stack a 3% mod with a 1% mod?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
Bloody hell. :mad

Ok, that's it.

I'm hiring you guys to QA my next game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:15 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
kingbitty wrote:

Ok, that's it.

:lol
Really though, nice work guys. :thumbsup I only ever seem to get Rares, but this will hold me back from going all out with them next time I want to best my score on The Big Wachowski.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:08 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
mahkra wrote:
Cool, thanks for testing it precisely Hero! I haven't had time to even turn on my game in a while, or I would've done it myself instead of just saying you were doing it wrong before. :P

That's really weird that the bonus drops to .2% when you stack 2 legendary mods... that's got to be a bug. Either the mods are supposed to stack but are not stacking properly, or the trick bonus is supposed to be capped at some value but is rolling over instead of stopping at that max value.

Any idea how many points you earn from other rarities of trick multiplier mod? If there's one that gives a 1% bonus (1,010 points from a Flare), do those ones stack properly? What if you stack a 3% mod with a 1% mod?

Hmmm.. I think I'll give it a try mahkra. Would you or anyone else like to help me out on this too? More minds working together can help figure out any other clues faster & more efficiently.

kingbitty wrote:

Ok, that's it.

:) Sure, I would love to.

MarcusAnnex wrote:
:lol
Really though, nice work guys. :thumbsup I only ever seem to get Rares, but this will hold me back from going all out with them next time I want to best my score on The Big Wachowski.

:thumbsup Yea np at all Marcus. But from my experiences with the Rare and Epic multipliers, it's fine to stack those as long as they aren't Legendary. But I'll get into further detail with the ones that aren't legendary.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
XBL: Bildi
Great research Hero & mahkra. :thumbsup

I too would be curious to know how lower level multiplier mods stack.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:37 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Just my little contribution, made from hitting flares:

1 Rare: 1,009 = +0.9%
2 Rare: 1,018 = +1.8%
3 Rare: 1,027 = +2.7%

Can't explain how/why, just figured I'd run some tests and save someone time.
Also I'd do more but I literally have no Epic/Legendaries to do so with :dead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 am  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Epic + rare=1027=+2.7%

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Just my little contribution, made from hitting flares:

1 Rare: 1,009 = +0.9%
2 Rare: 1,018 = +1.8%
3 Rare: 1,027 = +2.7%

Can't explain how/why, just figured I'd run some tests and save someone time.
Also I'd do more but I literally have no Epic/Legendaries to do so with :dead

Todd Smith wrote:
Epic + rare=1027=+2.7%

:thumbsup Great! Thanks alot guys and Marcus you don't have to worry about the epic & legendaries. I'll have those covered very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:46 pm  Post subject: Re: What do the trick multiplier mods do?  
Alright guys, so after gathering up all the info needed for how each Trick Multiplier Mod is affected, this is what I have to offer. You guys will also find that Trick Bonus perks that are attached to suits and boards will affect the Trick Multiplier Mods' output. Enjoy! :)

Legendary Trick Multiplier Mod functions:

Click to reveal hidden content: show

Epic Trick Multiplier Mod functions:

Rare Trick Multiplier Mod functions:

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2