Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Featured Ranges, not Featured Peaks?
Great Idea! Feature the full range, not just a peak. 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
I don't understand logic and do not understand what's wrong. I'm an idiot. 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 18
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 pm  Post subject: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
I am unable to achieve 100% completion because the Peak-A-Boo achievement (Participate in a Global Event in every Peak) puts me at the mercy of the current Global Event system. This is NOT a GE complaint thread (there are too many of them), I like the current GE system, it just needs to be tweaked to allow users to "complete" the game.

• Not every peak is open on the featured range.
  • The Event peaks are mostly featured, there's not a lot of love for backcountry and no love for deadly decent peaks.
  • There's no love for Africa.

I propose the feature peaks be Featured RANGES, with events on EVERY peak. Perhaps slightly longer events on the not-so-popular peaks or just one event per drop (race, trick OR survive, not all three) on the non-featured peaks in the featured range. This should absolutely not thin out the numbers, as it's only increasing the events from 20 total to about 35 total.

Currently as it stands, I check every day for an event on the peaks I need, and I'm constantly being thwarted. :(

EDIT: Others below suggested creating Custom Events. Custom events are NOT the same as Global Events and DO NOT count towards the achievement.
EDIT 2: Clarification on Custom Events. Custom Events CAN count, as long as YOU did not create them. Mods, please close this topic.
EDIT 3: Sorry, I pulled what's known as a FkuPayMe (not giving someone credit when it was due). Sorry vix, kisses! Close the topic already. :p

Last edited by ticklemeozmo on Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: Wargame
Can you not just create your own event?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Batty wrote:
You CAN get this achievement by playing in custom events, just not ones created by YOU. So if you have a friend or another member of the community that you want to conspire with, simply have them create an event in every range and then join them all. :thumbsup

While not ideal, it's still attainable. Just get a friend and coordinate 10 minute custom ge's and you'll be golden.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: Bildi
I like the idea.

Similarly, I've said before I'd like just one active range per day for everyone with a GE on every drop, not just one peak. Mix of high and low drop costs, mix of event times from 15 minutes to 24 hours.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
I thought there were GE's on every peak? just not every drop. You can also let someone else create a custom event for you on those peaks. Africa is a low-roller peak once a week, but it does suck that isn't shown anywhere. The event peak in Africa is pretty good IMO so I miss the events on that one.

edit: I'm such a slow writer (LOL)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: DSeel23
PSN: DannySeel
No, you can earn the achievement by custom events made by you. Living proof right here. You can also make custom events for the type of event you want to fill the badge for 50 custom, survive, race, and trick GEs. With that you would be killing two chickens with one rock too.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: MdX MaxX
There are GEs on every peak on a featured range, though.

It's just that nobody goes to the the other peaks. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 am  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
DannySeel wrote:
No, you can earn the achievement by custom events made by you. Living proof right here. You can also make custom events for the type of event you want to fill the badge for 50 custom, survive, race, and trick GEs. With that you would be killing two chickens with one rock too.

kingbitty wrote:
You CAN get this achievement by playing in custom events, just not ones created by YOU.

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10637&p=301960#p301960

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:12 am  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
Well, there you go! Thank you FatBoy Tim. How about one of my stupid friends make a GE on Fitz Roy, Denali, and Meru.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: Unachievable Achievements (Trophies)  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
hey, i posted that info earlier in this topic, second reply. thank me, bitch. :mad :lol :P :heh

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]