Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:58 pm  Post subject: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
This game is the first game with story spoilers. Something we've never had to deal with before. So this topic will be the place for central story discussion. This includes but isn't limited to the cut scenes and the final track.

You can speak freely in this topic, no use of spoiler code is required but know that anything beyond this first post more than likely will contain open spoilers so if you want to stop reading, now would be a good time to leave this topic.

Keep all story discussion confined to this thread. :china

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
death zone is the most epic track ever. just wish they did 9 at once instead of 3 back-to-back

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
Death Zone looked really fun. I only got to watch the video though.
This thread is going to kill me until tomorrow..but I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
During the ending sequence...

UGHHHHHH. They HAD him. Why Smillie.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
OMG, I knowwwww!!! When I saw that, I raged.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
XBL: WAffle3690
I feel like the story was really predictable but very very addictive haha

And that pic is such a tease lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:57 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
DJ Atomika's role was perfect, and I loved the cinematic quality of Story Mode. Without both of those, it would be beyond meh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
I kinda wished he narrated the range intro's too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Think Zoe did a better job, actually. If DJ Atomika had any more role, I would have wanted him to DJ at the start of tracks, heh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:17 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
There were three in charge of SSX so it felt like in the end, Mac and Tane had no role whatsoever. They should have narrated some too, maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Oh that's a good point, yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
I could have done without the comic animations and a constant highlighting of a certain someone's name...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:31 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
XBL: Jinjo Ace
Didn't know about the final drop "Death Zone" until I played it for myself.

The song was awesome, I'd love to see more 1v1 boss battles like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
there was much gnashing of teeth in New Zealand in in the death zone. after playing world tour mode I am convinced that I want NO PART of any more racing or surviving ever again let alone surviving + anything else at the same time.

seriously. I'm only doing trick events.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
The light plot was were crafted imo, but could have used a little more interaction or something. I love Zoe's "I love you Moby, but we both knew who would come off at top in this race" or something like that :heh

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'll wish they would have referenced past relationships(coughcoughMac/KaoricoughMoby/ZoecoughcoughMobyvsPysmoncoughcough) in this new game. No mention of rivalries or anything. They're all just one big happy family it seems. And as much as I love Zoe, I wish the other two SSX co-founders would have made more of an appearance and taken the lead. The light story doesn't really give me a taste of what the characters are like either, only when I play as them in race/trick events do I heard they're quotes and define their personalities. I didn't have my exceptions high on this but World Tour was clearly not what I was expecting (in terms of characters). Even the small pre-event cutscenes from Tricky gave me more of an idea of what the characters personalities and style were like then in this game.

Little things like Red's hopeless crush for Elise amuse me tho :heh
I liked being forced to play as everyone too.
And the love the way you knock out people in WT as well. The in-game interaction was by no means missing. I very much enjoy it. :lol
Overall, the light plot was okay and the way it navigates was expected. It's 'light' for a reason and I know SSX is not about storyline, but I wish they would have done a little more for the other characters other then Zoe. :)

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:41 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Oh yeah, I also liked World Tour for this:

FAIL. :heh

Didn't know where to place this, so what better topic then the World Tour topic. :D

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
I noticed that error as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
ok so, moby's level 1, he's using a level 6 board and when i do trick it everyone hits like 100,000 instantly it seems like but i can barely get 20,000 until like a little ways in.

-_- how in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
XBL: RASENrafficaz
The Darkness was aww goawd just great i was tottally scared

Mac's face when the floor dropped*PRICELESS*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Did anyone else think that the warm ups for the DDs were way harder than the actual descent itself?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Maybe a stupid question but I just started the world tour, and it forces me to use Zoe, but I don't want to play through the whole thing with Zoe, I first want to play through with Mac and eventually try other chars.
How the hell do I switch to another character to play world tour? Or is this really impossible? :eek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
XBL: RASENrafficaz
^you are forced to play with a new person on each mountain

it really isnt that bad bro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
Attack Duck Owner
playing as everyone in WT gets them all to around level 5 or so. it makes sense in the wt when you're playing. explore and ge's are where you can play as whoever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:28 am  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
PSN: sselectaSSX
Death Zone is a bunch of horseshit.

Feel free to add me on PSN. Just mention Merqurycity.com.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: World Tour Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at own risk!]  
I really really hate Africa. I can't be this warm up against Griff.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  1, 2