Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 am  Post subject: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I know! I'll make an SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD and sell it on E-bay (as if anyone will buy it).

The plan:
The DVD will open with a big menu. From there, you will be able to chose 'Game completion' or 'High scores'. I think it is pretty obvious that in the game completion, there will be Collectibles and BIG challenges. But this is the interesting part, the 'High scores section':

The high scores section, will include a video, which will help you to judge which level you are at. In N00B, You are aiming to get Gold on everything. In Contender, you are aiming for platinum. If you are Veteran, You are aiming for a certain score/time. For example, On style Mile, It will be 3M+. The next step is Superstar, where another point has to be reached. For Style Mile (my ultimate example course), it will be 5M+. The Masters, are aiming for very high scores like 8M+ on Style mile or 5M+ on Perpendiculous. And did anyone notice the ranks are our board ranks going up in 50 posts? Also, for each level, there will be techniques to learn (like tapping, smurphy, wormholes + staying in them, etc.). I will be recommended not to learn techniques before they are needed or the progress will be put in doubt.

I really hope this DVD will be helpful to people (though I know it probably will fail, mostly because I won't be allowed to sell it online in the first place and no one near where I live (that I know of) is into SSX). What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
Uhh.. The games so old i doubt there are anyone interested to a such product.
Execpt majority of MC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
Though, If advertised well, the people on youtube only getting around 1M on most freestyle events would buy that thinking 3M is incredible or something. Basically, when I get some money from the first sales, I will put it into advertisement on youtube and facebook and see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
PSN: crispncrunchy
I think you will run into copyright issues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
XBL: MdX MaxX
I doubt this will be very applicable considering that the best freestyle scores are obtained by spamming monster tricks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
PSN: SSXfanatic
You think you could make something for getting all of the achievements? I can't seem to do the 9 seconds in the air one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
crispncrunchy wrote:
I think you will run into copyright issues

I don't think I'll run into copyright issues because:
A) WHY?
B) EA people read this forum and if they had anything against it, they would say.

MdX MaxX wrote:
I doubt this will be very applicable considering that the best freestyle scores are obtained by spamming monster tricks.

I know. I will include tips for performing monster tricks perfectly and quickly.

SSXfanatic#1 wrote:
You think you could make something for getting all of the achievements? I can't seem to do the 9 seconds in the air one.

Yes, I forgot to mention achievements. They will be in the game completion section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
A) You don't own the rights to SSX, or EA. You can't make any income or revenue from it legally. Even if you do and EA finds out you will be liable to pay them back plus legal fees.

B) Most of the people from EA that post here just work for the company and if they are here its not to look for issues such as this. I believe they are here for feedback on the new game only.

Its i nice idea and all, but if you make it, just leave it as a series on Youtube for people to watch. Look at G he makes the opposite of money to run this site and still has to follow EA's rules if they wanted something removed.

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:26 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
That was the idea I got a few days ago under the shower (all my ideas come to me under the shower - That was where I wrote most of my poems and got ideas for posts and programs). Then I decided I could sell it but now, FREE TO EVERYONE!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
PSN: crispncrunchy
Obi wrote:
A) You don't own the rights to SSX, or EA. You can't make any income or revenue from it legally. Even if you do and EA finds out you will be liable to pay them back plus legal fees.

My point exactly, perhaps I should have been more explicit with you Kubi :rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeah, they're right about the legal fees. Plus Kubi, you're about 7 years too late on this. Only a handful of people still play SSX 3. :shrug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
good luck to ya bud!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
gondee wrote:
Yeah, they're right about the legal fees. Plus Kubi, you're about 7 years too late on this. Only a handful of people still play SSX 3. :shrug

Type in SSX 3 on youtube and look at how recent comments are.
Tunes wrote:
good luck to ya bud!

Thanks! At least someone is liking this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX3 Ultimate Guide DVD - Coming... not soon  
Gl :3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]