Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:10 am  Post subject: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
I personally just play for fun
i dont try to get any world records

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:08 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
Ah, the classic arguement...hardcore v casual. You should add a "I don't know" option.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
Definitely fun, for me. -^_^- I mean, I yell at the other characters and sing while I play...
"Try that again, Moby Jones, and I'll make a necklace from your bones!" That's one of mine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
I'll work on world records/high scores sometimes. I find it fun to work towards a goal and to beat your personal best, as well as others. I also just like to mess around. It depends on my mood. No matter what I do though, I'm always playing for fun! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
XBL: aKw3i 999
A bit of both really. I wont mind if i dont end up coming first place after every race i play. But i know when the new SSX arrives ill be so in awe that this actually happened, that im playing the new SSX, i wont care if i end up coming last place every race online or off for a month or two, which would never happen to me of course ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
To beat my scores. I can't beat the WRs :heh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Just so you know, there AREN'T any world records YET, and there's so many drops, tracks, and jumps, I'm sure there's something for someone to win! I'll try my best, I think I stand a bit of a chance.

Still don't know who to choose, though... [kaori] [mac] [zoe] [griff]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:04 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
PSN: Eviltim1700
Both. I play these games because I find them to be immense fun. Eventually though, especially after I have beaten the entire game, I am playing for the sake of trying to beat my personal bests, and if I am good enough, raise them high enough to compete for world records.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun?  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I play for both but mostly records. I find it very interesting when I'm like a split second of a world record and I watch the replat and find a slight impovement in the path.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
I just play for fun, sometimes I can beat my own scores, I'm just glad I could unlock all 3 mountains

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
I always played ssx just for fun and to beat my own records for years, I do not like to think for take the side of "work", I think that I just got lucky getting some WR's :heh , but it was never my intention to just play for beat world records, and yes for the fun :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
I've only ever played SSX 3 on the xbox. Around about 3-4 days ago I saw that there was to be another SSX game coming out. I immediately remembered how much fun I had playing SSX3 (Played for fun) and now I can't get rid of my urge to get SSX on March 2nd.

I'll be doing a bit of both. I'll want to get highscores, I enjoy that. I didn't have xbox live when I used to play SSX3, now I do so I can imagine me being some what competitive.

I plan on playing this game alot, it'll be fun for me to get highscores and good times.

EDIT: Just realised I'm in the SSX3 forum. BAH!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I get highscores just for fun :pimp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
Just for fun. I've never had online for SSX 3, or anybody to 'beat' (I was 5 when I started playing..all kids watched TV), so I would play just for fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
PSN: Equinoqs
I mostly play it still to this day because it's so fun, but I also keep trying to do better in order to unlock more outfits & bolt-ons because I like to play dress-up very frequently.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
gondee's FAQ writer
Anymore I play only for fun. I used to start playing for fun, only to suck myself into competing when I had a new idea for a killer line or something similar, which used to happen to me all the time. way back in the day I was really, really immersed in SSX3. Contributing to the faq, keeping the scoreboards up to date, and trying to find time in between to explore left me in an SSX daze for about a year lol.

Now I sit back and just play for fun, tho I can still casually rock out some courses with killer times/scores without having to try too hard. Practice makes perfect yah know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
i play for both :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: CAtcH174
I usually screw around, give it a good try in the beginning just to play through the game at my leisure. After that, I always fine tune for doing the very best I can even though I realize I usually don't come close to the best. But I give it a good try

This is also how I do most of my other games. I played Call of Duty on normal for the first playthrough and then Veteran. Same with Mass Effect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
PSN: EpicDamo
Just for fun :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:27 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
Both :3
I try and get the HIGHEST scores possible & almost got a platinum on The Junction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
PSN: Ubersnuber
There are 3 things that keeps me coming back:
All Peak Race Platinum
Polish my (clean) Metro run
Hunt snowflakes when I need a change of pace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: MdX MaxX
I had never been one to compete until RiderNet came along, so whenever I pop in 3, I simply coast down the mountain, sail ahead of the slow-as-molasses AI, absorb the chill soundtrack, and reminisce. It's great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
I play for fun. I practically never ever actually go into an actual event. I always just free ride around and bust hugeass tricks. I never bothered to memorize any of the monster tricks nor do I know the intricacies of the scoring system like I do with the new one so for me I just chill and play is strictly for the sensation of it all.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
XBL: imaprosniper117
PSN: imaprosniper117
for fun, but a play vanilla... soooo "world records" is not going to happen from me, unless they put vanilla runs in there as a separate part of the leader boards. (Vanilla-no cheats/glitches to get you down the hill faster)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 pm  Post subject: Re: do you play this game to get best scores or just for fun  
PSN: PiotrWaniek
I don't really play SSX as much, but back when I did I played just for fun. My brother, on the other hand, was all about them high scores. I am pretty sure that he is still in some of the leader boards. :thumbsup

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  1, 2