Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am  Post subject: New Index and Forum Realignment  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Image We're onto big things here at Merqury City, and with the new game coming up we thought it was time for some reworking of things here at Merq! So we've got a brand new site index page with a ton of new features (you're probably looking at it now) and we've realigned the forums so that things are a little more even and no forums are forgotten. Exciting stuff!

More after the break.
---

Along with the new index page, we've also rearranged the forums so that a new forum for Merqury City Index News is available, with the ability for users to read and respond to the latest news on Merqury City and the SSX Community as a whole. We'll use this as a clearing house for news about SSX in General, stuff about the community and news about the site. Post your responses here in this forum and respond to the latest SSX happenings.

We've also moved the SSX Fan Art & Fan Fiction forum much higher up on the forum row so that it will no longer get lost at the very bottom of Grav. We've also moved the SSX General Discussion into the same category to combine all SSX "General" categories and also put all the games in their own category without cluttering it up with the General Discussion.

Likewise, two of our members have been promoted to moderator status to help vix and I with the increase in traffic, as well as a reward for their long service to Grav. Bakalhau and Yeti are now moderators with full mod duties and privileges. We'll talk more about this in the next few days but congratulate them on their new awesomeness!

Big changes at Merqury City! Post your thoughts below! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:03 am  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
Awesome job G!
This is your best update ever. :pimp

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
XBL: Bildi
The new front page was an awesome surprise. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:37 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Ooooh, shiny. I usually bypass the main page and go straight for the bar (I have Bar bookmarked), but I like it. I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Well done guys, the page looks great, nice change!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
THE NEW FRONT PAGE LOOKS F'ING AWESOME

Damn Gondee, you killed it. :pimp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
I love all the new things on the front page, so much to click. :woot

G your a :pimp

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Coooooooool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
XBL: Kaavyn
Nice! Congrats Yeti and baka, well deserved!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
PSN: jonipooon
It's UBERIFIC, g! You've outdone yourself this time, I must say... It's so spot on.

:china

Now all we need is the Shop back.... then it would be 100 % perfection. :woot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 am  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
WOW best update ever, now we can post in the NEWS section! :lol :lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Great work, it's everything I hoped for. I also just wanted to point that if you click thr merqurycity.com link in the forum banner it returns a 404 error.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
the new index is win. it really is fab. hopefully it will draw people in when they visit merq now. blur had to go. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Nice Gondee, your best work yet :thumbsup

Thanks Kav :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
alpmaster wrote:

You should give bakalhau as much credit as me. He's the one who saw that the time was right for the site to be updated, and pushed me to do it. Without him motivating me I'd probably have never done it. :china

bakalhau wrote:
Great work, it's everything I hoped for. I also just wanted to point that if you click thr merqurycity.com link in the forum banner it returns a 404 error.

Thanks, I will fix that today. I'm also going to make the page headlines link to the topic as well, so that it makes it more obvious where to go if you want to discuss the news.

I may also merge the news topic with the global announcement since they are kind of the same thing. But I'm not sure if news articles will still show up on the index if I make them global announcements since at that point they are "removed" from the forum where they were created. :??? Good question, stuff to test. :lol

Granola Hero wrote:
Ooooh, shiny. I usually bypass the main page and go straight for the bar (I have Bar bookmarked), but I like it. I like it a lot.

Yeah, that was sort of the point to redoing it, most people just skipped the index on their way to the forum. The new page is a microcosm of the entire site, the way it should be to better entice people to join. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
PSN: lsatterfield
Much much more current; love the update!
Can't wait to see the theme take over the whole site.

Btw, I still think you need a welcome to the site
video somewhere, gondee... *HINT HINT* ;) :D :yes

Almost over now...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
Video presentation of Grav Bar? IM ON IM ON IM ON.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:53 am  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
The front page looks absolutely amazing! I'm blown away. Excellent work. And congratulations to Bakalhau and Yeti! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
SUPER BOMB.

lovin it.

good work, g. :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
gondee wrote:
alpmaster wrote:

You should give bakalhau as much credit as me. He's the one who saw that the time was right for the site to be updated, and pushed me to do it. Without him motivating me I'd probably have never done it. :china

Obrigadinho bakalhau *bjs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
PSN: Emu90
I'm sorry Gondee. But this is the MOST AMAZING upgrade ever! Man, with that frontpage, you gotta be ready for a lot of new members. It also loads quicker.

Two words: Epic Win.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Olha que és o 1º a ser banido. Não abuses! Just sayin'.

j/k

Thanks for the kind words everyone :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index + Forum Realignment Complete!  
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
It looks fantastic! Great job G :china

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:15 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
Well of course I love it! :woot

Thanks so much for displaying our show on your site. It's an absolute dream come true.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 pm  Post subject: Re: New Index and Forum Realignment  
You deserve it Charmy, I always appreciate our users generating awesome content. It makes no sense not to promote it. :D

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 42 posts ]  1, 2