One Mountain - Three Peaks - Endless Possibilities... The SSX 3 Forum
Post a reply

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:38 am

I'm almost positive that the voice of atomica is DJ stryker form KROQ in southern california. I listen to KROQ, it's awesome, and the first thing I thought of when I played ssx3 was stryker. It makes sense, too, because EA has an office in so cal, so he's an easy guy to get in contact with.

In blur, I think it might be a voice sound-alike, though. It's easy to find out, however. DJ Stryker's name actually is Stryker.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:09 pm

i dont know about blur....but i think stryker plays atomika also because, i had ssx3 and then i stopped playing for a while, so i wouldnt remember atomikas voice that much right? but when i got burnout three i immeadiatly thought...."Whoa...is that Dj atomika?" and if you get the Burnout three greatest hits and complete everything possible on every mode it shows extra credits i think.....and i think i saw it say no Dj's were harmed or took on an alter ego in the making of this game.... I didn't do that but my friend does. i dont know if its true or not but he doesn't lie much. I think its like a little clue.
And oh yeah... Dj atomika could have died anyway because blur is in between ssx3 and on tour. example: kaori is 19 in ssx3 and blur. But she is 20 in on tour.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:21 am

MobyStile wrote:i dont know about blur....but i think stryker plays atomika also because, i had ssx3 and then i stopped playing for a while, so i wouldnt remember atomikas voice that much right? but when i got burnout three i immeadiatly thought...."Whoa...is that Dj atomika?" and if you get the Burnout three greatest hits and complete everything possible on every mode it shows extra credits i think.....and i think i saw it say no Dj's were harmed or took on an alter ego in the making of this game.... I didn't do that but my friend does. i dont know if its true or not but he doesn't lie much. I think its like a little clue.
And oh yeah... Dj atomika could have died anyway because blur is in between ssx3 and on tour. example: kaori is 19 in ssx3 and blur. But she is 20 in on tour.

It is Atomicas Voice im Burnout, during one of the races he starts talking about snow and the peaks then corrects himself that its the wrong game and continues as normal.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:42 pm

oh.. kool i have that game but i dont know when he sais that

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:47 am

I just finished playing the Burnout Paradise demo, and I was pretty excited to hear DJ Atomika as the announcer/DJ of the game (for the station Crash FM).

I was listening around, and he did make mention of Radio Big (taking a break I think) and some SSX references.

One of them being how he recently talked to Mac, who's now a Park Ranger, and is getting the mountain ready which should be ready next winter. Atomika also said how he should really be dusting off his snowboard, and until then he likes it with Crash FM.

Something like that. I found it pretty cool. If you guys can, you should check it out.

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi JarenFace

How are ya -

Ive gotta check out this demo, I love the burnout games

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Mac's a park ranger now. What the hell? Way to confirm the gradual fall of the SSX franchise. Turning Nate into a hobo was the first instance. Now Mac will "rediscover his love for riding while giving some senior citizens a tour." BS. Also, I've never played a Burnout game.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:38 am

vix wrote:if you look up ssx3 on IMDB, this is what you get:

Prevail .... (voice) (as Kiley Hendricks)

Sorry to go off subject here... but who is Kiley Hendricks in ssx3?? ...Prevail? :???

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:41 pm

JarenFace wrote:I just finished playing the Burnout Paradise demo, and I was pretty excited to hear DJ Atomika as the announcer/DJ of the game (for the station Crash FM).

I was listening around, and he did make mention of Radio Big (taking a break I think) and some SSX references.

One of them being how he recently talked to Mac, who's now a Park Ranger, and is getting the mountain ready which should be ready next winter. Atomika also said how he should really be dusting off his snowboard, and until then he likes it with Crash FM.

Something like that. I found it pretty cool. If you guys can, you should check it out.

Haha, I played the demo as well- freaking awesome- and it's been given great reviews by many magazines. I went "Omfg, that's DJ Atomika!" when I heard him. XD

Regardless, I didn't hear that in the demo... but does that hint towards the next SSX game? If it's back on Big Mountain, I'm really hoping that it's much more like SSX3 instead of On Tour... 3 is IMO the best of all the games so far (Tricky being a close second).

I'm seriously hoping SSX6 (or whatever they call it) is more towards the free-roaming slopes of SSX3 (and Burnout Paradise!).

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:58 am

i downloaded the demo for Xbox and i realy liked it

but when i bought the game most of the funny comments like "now someones sent me a picture of the lone driver, and yes i think i can see him boosting"

all there is are the race starts and tuts

Tue May 04, 2010 7:44 pm

i have always thought DJ Atomica sounded like Ryan Seacrest. but who knows.
alas, it will always be a mystery!

Mon May 17, 2010 12:52 pm

mystery solved:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hildreth_(actor)

i don't think he sounds like ryan seacrest at all and i saw the same comment on some burnout wiki. edit: i saw it on giantbomb I think. yeah, it was giantbomb. bah.

http://www.giantbomb.com/mark-hildreth/72-90942/ :lol to the comment about how he's known to piss off gamers. i love atomika. :lol

http://www.mark-hildreth.com/

Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 am

Still,
Who Cares?
Let's Just Enjoy His Words On EA Radio BIG!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 am

I wonder what he would look like if you could play as him. :???
Or what if he was an unlockable in ssx3? That woulda been cool i guess! :lol

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am

wow, evant! you really post a lot lately!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 am

This guy on wikipedia wrote:He recently did some voicework for enemy soldiers for the video game Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and as DJ Atomika in Burnout Paradise.

:woot :woot :woot

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:07 pm

@Kubi lol forums are supposed to be for discussions

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:16 am

To solve this problem, I have the CORRECT answer. In SSX 3, DJ Atomika is a man named Mark Hildreth. But in Blur, it's not the same voice. I can't say who because I don't have a Wii to play it on. But 100%, it is Mark Hildreth in SSX 3. :D

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 am

DJ Atomika is both the radio guy and the monitor for the SSX competitors, the guy who is in charge of them and who pays the bucks if any property damage is caused (poor guy :lol ) "PSYMON!!!!!!!!! :mad "
Post a reply