Forum for Games and Chit-Chat topics. Lightly Moderated.
Post a reply

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 pm

I mean in real life? Who here snowboards?

I for one do, and i love it.

and what would you say your skill level is?

1: gone a few times, can manage not to fall when going slow,

2: can make it down the hill but maybe not the easiest way,

3: you can carve, pretty easy for you,

4: you can carve easily, go off jumps, boxes's etc.

5: you can pull tricks with ease, 360's backflips, rails, etc.

I'm a 4, i want to become a 5 but it's a big step in between.

so tell me about you.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am

I wish I could, actually, but where I live there isn't a real good way to practice.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't, or can't. It never snows here. If it did, it would be considered a miracle. :(

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm like a 2, i think ill remain a 2 lol im not into breaking my face on ice haha

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 pm

I've tried boarding, but never realy got the hang of it. Am a pretty efficient skier though, not a huge fan of tricks, but I do love abit of skier cross.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:59 pm

It hardly ever snows in Texas.... And even if it did, we'd not have a decent enough sized mountain to snowboard on. I've skateboarded before, yeah.... Stance is mongo-regular. I keep hearing from people that if you've skateboarded before and are good, snowboarding's a walk in the park.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Same here....I wished that I could.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Never tried snowboarding. As my husband puts it, I can fall walking across flat ground, no need to give me something to help me along! ;) Looks like a load of fun, though. Too bad I'm 100% sure I'd break my neck.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am

bookwitch wrote:Never tried snowboarding. As my husband puts it, I can fall walking across flat ground, no need to give me something to help me along! ;) Looks like a load of fun, though. Too bad I'm 100% sure I'd break my neck.

srry I just lol'd at this one :lol :cheers

I once tried to snowboard and I simply failed :heh

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm

i can maybe get to lvl 2 if i tried. i only did it twice and picked up on it very quickly. right now we're supposed to get a foot of snow but we on't have any big mountains around here.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:17 am

I snowboard, well for about 4 years or more. But I didn't really get some time to go this year, but the snow up in Mt. Hood Meadows was pretty nice. But I'm looking to board possibly this month or march. I am at a 4 for now.
Last edited by Alex on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 am

bookwitch wrote: I can fall walking across flat ground, no need to give me something to help me along!

Welcome to the club. :cheers

On topic: no

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

I can snowboard in a videogame. I am very good.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Maybe I'm doing one of the worst necropostings in history now, but I thought it was better than creating a new thread. :)

According to your skill levels, 4 I'd say. I rarely trick in the slopes or parks, though, as I rather go off-pist. On the clean mountains or in the forest, as long as it's a lot of powder. :D

I'm interested in knowing what boards other people ride. What made you settle for your board?

I ride a Bataleon Goliath 161W, 2010/11 model. I decided to get this one since I was really interested in trying Bataleon's Triple Base Technology, which really didn't make me disappointed. :) Love the artwork on this model as well, absolutely gorgeous. Wanted to try a rocker model as well, but since I haven't tried one before I went with a classic one, will probably rent a rocker in the future and try out though.

Got some white Union Force bindings on the board, as well. Mostly because they still had them in stock when I was going to buy my new board (late in January this year), but people had recommended me Union bindings as well.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 pm

i do and i'd say i'm about a 3. goofy rider using the duck stance (+15/-15). i've ridden a couple boxes before but that's about it as far as my park abilities go. got myself a sweet little ride promise board a couple years ago and loving the difference a sintered base makes on my ride.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh, hell... I'd LOVE to be able to board! It's one of my life goals. ;P Currently though, no... I can kind of visualise myself automatically punching any rider who happened to come near me and screaming "KNOCK DOWWWN!"... So, it might be a good thing that I can't... ^^;

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:01 pm

i used to ride a lot more than i do now. it was cheaper in high school. a season pass runs about 500 bucks for a university student. i ain't got that kinda cash!

i would def say i'm a 4. and i would agree with the original poster that there is a big jump between 4 and 5.

going every year since i was 12 and i still can't do a 360. oh well, i never really tried to be REALLY good. i do it mainly for the feel of it, less for getting tricky (though it'd be pretty awesome to be able to).

i ride a Rome Machine. wide stance, wide board (for my big ass feet), and tall enough to support me, but short enough to move easily.

burton bindings, 32 boots.

love it.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:49 am

Some people say that you have to snowboard to play SSX so I say to them "do you have to be a soldier to play call of duty." :lol

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 am

I don't snowboard but I ski and I'm at 3. Only went once for a week though. Goin' again this year (hopefully).

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 am

I'm a skiier and I've skiied all my life. I leave the tricks for SSX though, so I'm at a 3 according to your chart :heh

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 am

I learned to snowboard this year. I can carve, but haven't really tried any tricks, so I'm at 3 for now. Practice, practice...

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I've skied since i was 3 or 4 years old, and learned to snowboard when i was 10 or 11 after playing the first ssx.

I'd say i'm a 4, though i never really tried to get to 5; i prefer to do off-piste riding and dodging trees - makes me feel a bit like i'm playing ssx in real life.

(I ride a salomon special 2)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes I do but I prefer ski
I'm Italian but I live and work in St. Moritz, Swiss Alps.
Skiing and snowboarding it's a religion here.
Tschusssssss everybody

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 pm

Snowboarded barely (2/3?) but not very into it.
For skiing I'm a 4, working on 5, though 'making it down the park' becomes significantly easier when you live in, say, the American Midwest.
I ski whenever I visit relatives in Canada or Utah though, and always get my ass kicked.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I can ski to a 4 on your levels :) Just got back from 8 days in Austria :D
Post a reply