Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:23 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:22 pm  Post subject: Was it too easy?  
If you ask me, this game was entirely too easy compared to the others. I bought it 2 days ago, I just beat it about 20 min ago. I went through the entire game using the Team board and no attributes. I came in first in every showoff competition and easily beat every Shred Challenge I did, top 3 in every race... And I haven't even memorised the mountain yet! I went with Board instead of Skis, because the skis suck if you ask me...

Idunno... Maybe I'm just getting too good at games... but this didn't seem like much of a challenge to me, as did... say... F-Zero GX. (Damn that Chapter 7!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:33 pm  Post subject:   
have you finished it on both skis and board?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Was it too easy?  
Turbos wrote:
Idunno... Maybe I'm just getting too good at games... but this didn't seem like much of a challenge to me, as did... say... F-Zero GX. (Damn that Chapter 7!)

:heh Too good at games? Maybe you should try "Gran Turismo 3 and 4 all licenses gold challenge", if you're too good!
Anyway OT was a lot easier than SSX 3, I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:35 pm  Post subject:   
Impossible! :eek how could do that ??? :??? man you must really be great. :china No disrepect but I think youre lying because the AI would chew you up and spit you out on team board. But I dont know you could've I mean it's probably possible :shrug :glare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:42 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
No, I doubt it is impossible, although more difficult than getting full stats. Turbos did you beat the game as in getting 100%, or just getting to Rank 1?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:34 pm  Post subject:   
Joey_Ramone wrote:
have you finished it on both skis and board?

Just board. The skiis didn't feel very good in Quick Play, so...

eviltim wrote:
No, I doubt it is impossible, although more difficult than getting full stats. Turbos did you beat the game as in getting 100%, or just getting to Rank 1?

I just got to rank 1 and beat the Peak challenge, and then bought the MerquryCity.com board. I have a few challenges to go, but I still destroyed every one I did with the Team board, despite It was hard to get past a double-flip 720... But then again, getting Unlimited Boost in 6 tricks and easily letting your combo reach 1mil doesn't make it too hard. :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Now start competing with us. That's where the fun is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:19 pm  Post subject:   
Hell, The only thing I'd be able to compete with is POSSIBLY the scores. The times aren't my specialty, though if I do break something, I wouldn't be able to supply any vids/pictures...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:43 pm  Post subject:   
On the topic I also thought it was a lot easier than SSX3. I don't have the experience with Tricky but from my understanding SSXOT doesn't match up. The only "hard" thing is spending the time to go through all of the events to get 100%. I remember playing SSX3 for a lot longer and not getting gold in every event.

Something I just thought of is that ditching the medal format may have made it easier. I remember plenty of times restarting because I couldn't bridge the gap from silver to gold. These times and scores are all pretty reachable without too much struggle once you get a moderate feel for the controls.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:39 pm  Post subject:   
Speaking of the controls... switching the Z button for the Y button on GCN is the worst change they ever made... Ugh... My fingers don't naturally curl that way, EA!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:15 am  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
well i think the fact that if you bump your memory card or do anything at all to your saved file it will fuck up that kind of makes up for the fact that the game is easy :heh So if your anything like me you'll be beating the game over and over again. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:31 am  Post subject:   
Too easy compared to 3. Just completed the legendary race and shred - crashing into trees, losing combo's, but still finishing first. Bought everything I could and still have cash to blow - off to the salon!!

Pity that the franchise ends on PS2 with a whimper, not a BANG :zzz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:13 am  Post subject: Re: Was it too easy?  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Turbos wrote:
If you ask me, this game was entirely too easy compared to the others. I bought it 2 days ago, I just beat it about 20 min ago. I went through the entire game using the Team board and no attributes. I came in first in every showoff competition and easily beat every Shred Challenge I did, top 3 in every race... And I haven't even memorised the mountain yet! I went with Board instead of Skis, because the skis suck if you ask me...

True, the Story mode settings in F-Zero GX are insane, but....I've beaten that chapter AND chapter 9 using the "snake" trick. (those that have played this game know what I'm talking about)

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]