Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 pm  Post subject: Old user back to say hello  
Hey guys! I'm sure that no one remembers me (tbh looks like this place is pretty dead these days anyway), but I was a fairly active member of the Grav Bar back in like 2004-06ish. Went by the name of Shacknasty Jim. Anyway I was a teenager back then and SSX was an obsession. Now I'm 28 and just realized I could download SSX 3 for my Xbox One. So now that I'm humoring my nostalgia, I thought I'd pop online and see if the old Grav Bar was still up and running. This was a really amazing place where I felt super welcome and cared about. It was a really wonderful community of friends. If there's still anyone here who remembers me, or even if you don't remember me but you were around back then, say hey! I'd love to hear about how the last 15 (???) years have treated you.

Cheers,
SNJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hey Jim! Long time no see!

Sure, I remember you. That was in SSX's heydey. The last SSX game came out in 2012. Since then much of the community has moved on to Discord and Twitch - can't say I blame them. We are here mostly as a resource these days, but it's always nice to see the old schoolers come around now and then. :D :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
Right on gondee, good to see you! Those were the days, huh? I got SSX3 and the new one for $15 total. I gave the new one a try first but something about it just felt off. Like it's a good game in theory but just didn't have that feel. Then I fired up 3 and it all came flooding back. I probably put more hours into that game than any other.... possibly ever. I've always said the only thing I'd change would be an interactive lodge where the character relationships could be more fleshed out. Anyway, it's been a fun walk down memory lane. Hope life is treating you well!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:50 am  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
PSN: jonipooon
Oh hi Jim, of course I remember you. 2004-2006 was like the best time on this forum for me too, those were the days! I remember you used to have an avatar with Mac. :yes

I was only 14 at that time so pretty much have changed. Lived in China for almost 5 years and now I'm back in Sweden but who knows where I'll be next year.

I'm still lurking this forum from time to time, but I've always been active every time there was a new SSX game announced.

Fun of you to pop by!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
I agree with this opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:33 am  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
I remember you!

I too drop back every few years to rekindle memories of my teenage years when this forum consumed my life. It makes me emotional that so many others obviously feel the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
I also drop by to lurk every couple years for the nostalgic warm fuzzies/to cringe at how obnoxious I used to be as a teenager. :heh

I switched careers and moved across the country. I do still keep in touch with a few people from Grav though (actually met up with MESS, Don, and Blade earlier this year before COVID derailed everything).

P.S. Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays, y'all! Hope everyone's healthy and safe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Old user back to say hello  
PSN: RocketCat
Well hello, gang!

I somehow also just remembered that this site existed :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]