Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister
 



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:24 pm  Post subject: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 am
Rank: Champ
XBL: RASENrafficaz
Im new to this site and i have only been stalking it for a week now but I want to express my opinion on the Records made by many of the users on this site most specfically(spell check) towards the race times

I think if you use Glitches in order to help you obtain a faster time you are not playing the game by the rules it was orginally attended to be.

Finding a new shortcut or faster way down the mountain is fine in my opinion but when you are deliberatley tweaking the games dynamics in your favor you are not playing fair

Not trying to offend anyone directly but simply start some convo on this issue

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:47 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:37 am
Scoreboard Honors: 3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Rank: Master
Location: Sacramento,Ca
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
Your just jealous. . . :P j/k

Be it as it may but a lot of discussion has already been implemented on what goes and what is out. Do yourself a favor and dig around the archives here, because a lot of good discussion has already taken place. So as much as you may not like them, the rules on records here are "Our Commandments" so to speak. :D

BTW welcome to Merq.

_________________
Image
By obiws

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:57 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Then you are more of a 'clean' racer. That means you don't use any glitches to get your high scores. We don't track them on the scoreboard, but there have been a few clean record topics over the years. You might run a search for them to see if they're more up your alley.

_________________
I have learned enough to know that when others are getting annoyed, it was usually because there was something that I myself should be doing, and I wasn't doing it. | Click to reveal hidden content
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:10 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: South Carolina
Also gotta realize at the time of this games popularity alot of time went into finding all these wh's and glitches, but i do imagine we killed the online play. they prob, wouldnt have killed the boards if the scores weren't all jacked up.

_________________
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:22 pm
Rank: Master
Location: *California*...
PSN: SSXfanatic
Hopefully the boards online for this next game will be a lot more accurate and fair. I really want to try and establish some scores of my own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:10 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: South Carolina
IMO, SSX3 had the most competitive setup and score system. they implement too much b/s nowadays that it'll be kinda lame imo.

but we will see wont we ;)

_________________
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
SSXfanatic#1 wrote:
Hopefully the boards online for this next game will be a lot more accurate and fair. I really want to try and establish some scores of my own.

It would be lovely if it were that way - but my experience with online leaderboards is that if someone can glitch the system somehow, they will. Online scores will NOT count as proof towards the scoreboard. :no

_________________
I have learned enough to know that when others are getting annoyed, it was usually because there was something that I myself should be doing, and I wasn't doing it. | Click to reveal hidden content
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 am
Rank: Champ
XBL: RASENrafficaz
well its good too see others feel the same as i do....really hoping this game does not have such exploits so that the scoreboards can be fair....to be honested im digusted to know that people use such glitches

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:23 am  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:47 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Back in Oz
PSN: crispncrunchy
I started out not liking the glitches, wormholes etc, but fell into their allure especially when I could use them to beat my mates :) Many of them require great skill in exactly the same way a clean run does.

That said I draw the line with the jumping into the lodge and resetting the timer... I see the Peak challenges as how well you can keep it up and in my heart of hearts would require that they all finish at Metro City, but hey that's life :)

Welcome to MerQ

_________________
Image
Some of my Architectural renders :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 am  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 am
Rank: Champ
XBL: RASENrafficaz
crispncrunchy wrote:
I started out not liking the glitches, wormholes etc, but fell into their allure especially when I could use them to beat my mates :) Many of them require great skill in exactly the same way a clean run does.

That said I draw the line with the jumping into the lodge and resetting the timer... I see the Peak challenges as how well you can keep it up and in my heart of hearts would require that they all finish at Metro City, but hey that's life :)

Welcome to MerQ

love your honesty but in the new game will you atleast give it a chance?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:37 am
Scoreboard Honors: 3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Rank: Master
Location: Sacramento,Ca
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
MaciswalkingtheDog wrote:
love your honesty but in the new game will you atleast give it a chance?


I just love the fact your new here and just assume we all just want to, as you say it, cheat. When you play the game as much as we have, you constantly push yourself in competition with others that the game molds differently into how you have to play to compete. The fact is we know how to play the game both ways very well. Most of, if not all records holders here have the best of both clean and glitched scores/times. Like I said before read around before you so easily cast judgement.

That being said I'm sure C.C will play the game as it is intended, as will ever other member.

_________________
Image
By obiws

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Mark my words, there will holes in the track somewhere in SSX 2012. If it leads to better times, people will use it. As long as it's not egregious, we might allow it as well.

These are all discussions we've had many, many times like Obi has mentioned. Some of us have been competing in SSX games for over 10 years.

_________________
I have learned enough to know that when others are getting annoyed, it was usually because there was something that I myself should be doing, and I wasn't doing it. | Click to reveal hidden content
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:47 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Back in Oz
PSN: crispncrunchy
Obi wrote:
MaciswalkingtheDog wrote:
love your honesty but in the new game will you atleast give it a chance?


I just love the fact your new here and just assume we all just want to, as you say it, cheat. When you play the game as much as we have, you constantly push yourself in competition with others that the game molds differently into how you have to play to compete. The fact is we know how to play the game both ways very well. Most of, if not all records holders here have the best of both clean and glitched scores/times. Like I said before read around before you so easily cast judgement.

That being said I'm sure C.C will play the game as it is intended, as will ever other member.


Exactly, couldn't say it any better...
I reckon you will make a great hubby and father :lol

_________________
Image
Some of my Architectural renders :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:48 pm  Post subject: Re: My Take on these so called "Records"  
gondee's FAQ writer
User avatar
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:03 pm
Rank: gondee's FAQ writer
Location: in the bottom of that one crevasse
In all the previous discussions on this very topic, to me anyways, it seems the argument boils down to one point: none of these glitches require codes. Like or dislike them, they are shipped with the game, there for all to use. Personally I hate it, the all peak race disgusts me, but much as I hate it, I realize it is perfectly legit in that that wormhole is in that exact location for every copy of the game sold.

So whether the glitch is a wormhole or anything else for that matter, intended or not, its in the final game and thus has to be allowed. Ultimately if it doesn't involve changing the game as it shipped, it has to be allowed. This is the point that can't be refuted.

Cheating and using glitches are two very different things.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic


Jump to:  



Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Show or Hide Information
cron


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group