Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 pm  Post subject: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
PSN: jonipooon
This has happend to me numerous times while setting up Zoe, and I've been thinking of making this thread since 2004, but because of pure laziness it took me 6 years until I finally managed to gain enough strength. :lol

So, once back in 2004 or something like that I was playing good ol' SSX3 and doing my thing with Zoe. Back in the Lodge I mitch-matched some new equipment and outfits I had won. I remember I couldn't decide which style to set up for Zoe - the punk-styled witchwarrior with batwings, or the futuristic techno-devil with jetpack? So I eqiupped the batwings, unequipped the batwings, then equipped the jetpack, unequipped the batwings and so on and so on... In some particular, after doing this for a while, this is what happend to Zoes batwings:

Secret glitch batwings, or my console playing tricks with me? So far I have not dared using these secret batwings while riding, I'm afraid the game will crash. :frusty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Looks pretty funky. If your playing on PS3 you may as well give it a go, game'll crash the secnd youhit a big jump anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
PSN: KBABZ
Bwhahoa, funky. Was gonna say it uses the texture of the Jet Pack, but the texture looks NOTHING like it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Wow, that might be another one of those "Psymon" mask glitches with Zoe's wings. I dig it, it's kind of like "Robot Wings". :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:20 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
PSN: jonipooon
Who knows for sure? SSX3 never fails to surprise us, not even after 7 years!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:20 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Nice. The textures seem too well defined to be the result of a glitch. It might be like Moby's secret werewolf outfit. Maybe each character has one secret costume, tho I only remember Moby's.

Quote:
So far I have not dared using these secret batwings while riding, I'm afraid the game will crash.
So what? Your PS2 won't get damaged or anything like that. Even if it were a glitch it's not likely the game will crash... when you exit the Lodge, the modified bat wings will either be replaced with the regular ones (if it's indeed a glitch) or will remain (meaning it's almost certainly not a glitch).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
RE Virus wrote:
Nice. The textures seem too well defined to be the result of a glitch. It might be like Moby's secret werewolf outfit. Maybe each character has one secret costume, tho I only remember Moby's.

are there pics of this 'secret' werewolf outif and is there a reliably way to get it ? I'd like to see it pls :)

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Gravitude MVP
You activate it by turning on/off certain clothes/items. IIRC, Moby's skin turns hairy when you turn off any body garment and turn on the rastafari hairstyle. I hardly remember any specifics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
I recall getting the Werewolf Moby outfit multiple times just for fun. In that stroke of "How friggin' convenient" style, though, My SSX 3 save no longer has the gear for Moby needed to unlock it.

RE's method sound about right though. Bare chest and long dreads. Isn't there a werewolf-style clawed hand too?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
OK thanks for the info you two, i'll try it in a few days or so :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
i don't have a picture nor know what i did. but when i was setting up another style for psymon, i put on the gas mask, went back and raced, won, and during the cutscene, i notice that they used his face texture instead of the gray leather leaving the red eyeholes and knobby thing on the end. he looked like ozzy osbourne.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Gravitude MVP
OK, I've checked it out... Moby's special outfit is simple and obvious:

Werewolf face + werewolf hands = secret werewolf torso

Notice how similar that texture change is to Zoe's bat wings (see Jonipoon's screenshot in the first post). However, I was unable to replicate it:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
That's it exactly, nice work RE!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:22 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
Nice work RE, :thumbsup thx for your time :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
daaaaaaaaang...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I Use Zoe.
I Don't Care About Moby.
RE Virus Showed Exactly How To Get Moby's Special Stuff
I Still Don't Get How To Do That Texture "GLITCH" With Zoe. At The Beginning It's So Unclear.
Please Could Someone Explain It :wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
AWESOME!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
so are there any more of these secrets for other characters? or is it just moby?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Strange Glitch: The Secret Bat Wings of Zoe Payne  
o.e the Zoe glitch is just AWKS! tehe

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]