Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 am  Post subject: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
I finally put it together! It only took 6 years!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6HFF53K

This video shows 123 wormholes (holes in the track that you can fall into) in SSX 3. Some are dull and repetitive, but others are creative or bizarre. I also put a quick (7 seconds) tutorial/explanation at the beginning.

The filesize is rather large (186 MB) but I couldn't degrade the quality any more as the text would look terrible. I couldn't have made the video much shorter either.

Vote for your favorite wormhole! Write down your favorite(s) as you watch the video (open Notepad.exe and write for example "SJ wh 4"). Although I'm sure that Metro one will take the crown, vote for as many as you want.

Write down any comments or questions too if you want.

Pay attention to SJ wh #7 (the good old main wh; also shown in the SJ whs preview video), as a bizarre effect happens. Most interesting is Gravitude wh #10, which seems to show an alternative path that the developers left out of the final game.

To those few still into playing the Races in this game (IceXtreme?), pay close attention/write down the wormholes marked as "Beneficial: ???", as those have a high chance of being better than the currently used one. The question marks mean that the WH might be useful (? means almost certainly not, ?? means probably not, ??? means possibly).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Do me, baby,
Nothing but mental,
Let's do it like they do,
on Discovery Channel!
:heh :heh :heh

My 8 year old brother found metro 3A and metro 9, I only found metro 12.

I always knew metro 4 and metro 7A were possible but i couldn't do 4 and I never really bothered trying 7A. I also thought that jumping out on the railway would help and I was right!

You did not include many wormholes that I know of. Sorry for telling you now!

Metro 5... WOW!

I just wonder why style mile doesn't have more WHs. It hs sooo many rails i thought there were about 10.

Great video.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Some of those were very unique and I have never thought about doing :heh , there were a few more I remember that you did not include in the video :eek (One on metro and one on Ruthless Ridge off my head.) It's so crazy how glitchy this game is!! When I get some free time, one of these days :dead, I would like to test some of those! Good job putting this together RE! :china

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
When I download it, I'll host, since it's such a monumental task. :) It'll probably be this weekend at some point. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Double posting to say this has been uploaded to the server in all it's ginormous glory! :D

http://www.merqurycity.net/videos/ssx3/glitches/ssx3-wh-vid.wmv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I didn't see anything special in particular in Metro. What's the #?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:56 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
It means number. Number 8 could simply be written as #8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
Kubi as helpful as always. ;)

You can send me or describe the location of the wormholes I missed, Kubi and IceX. I don't think I'll update the video, but I'm still curious.

It's #14 Baka, the longest clip in the entire video. That entire area (rooftops and ground next to the 2nd rooftop) is outside of the course.

No comments on Grav wh #10? It appears to show leftovers of a path on the right side of the track that the developers hastily removed. You could see indications of this if you try to go to the right side (before the wh entrance), and it seems this land area beyond the Off Limits barrier confirms it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:48 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Quote:
No comments on Grav wh #10?

What's the timestamp on that wormhole? I'd love to look but I tend to jump around, cuz dude, that video is loooooooooooooong. :lol

Also, any chance you'd be able to segment into three parts for hostage on our youtube account?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
Quote:
No comments on Grav wh #10?

What's the timestamp on that wormhole? I'd love to look but I tend to jump around, cuz dude, that video is loooooooooooooong. :lol

Why can't you use the wormhole numbers to navigate?? It took me 10 seconds to find; it's at 24:30.

Quote:
Also, any chance you'd be able to segment into three parts for hostage on our youtube account?

Sure, I can do that with VirtualDub at no quality loss. I can put them in a RAR file, upload it and send you the link if you want.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:49 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Describing as hard as always! :heh
I'll try my best tomorrow.
I'd record my first proper video with my capture card but SSX3 broke. I had 4 so far and they started braking after a while.
Is it because I did metro city at daytime (snow jam wormhole) to often? I found the way myself! :pimp
Using too much wormholes?
Lodge glitch?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
RE Virus wrote:
Quote:

Sure, I can do that with VirtualDub at no quality loss. I can put them in a RAR file, upload it and send you the link if you want.

Yeah, by all means. I'd love to host it on the youtube account. :yes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Watched the whole thing, very good compilation RE, thanks for putting the time in to make it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:18 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
Thanks alp.

I forgot about this, sorry. The video in higher quality, split into 3 AVI files less than 15 min each:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CHFZAA4

Sorry about the filesize, but it's best to use a higher quality video when uploading to Youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
RE Virus wrote:
Thanks alp.

I forgot about this, sorry. The video in higher quality, split into 3 AVI files less than 15 min each:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CHFZAA4

Sorry about the filesize, but it's best to use a higher quality video when uploading to Youtube.

Absolutely no problem at all. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
I thought only 10 mins can go into youtube.
Life surprises us!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:55 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
PSN: crispncrunchy
OMG, haven't been around for a while and I come back to find you've finally done it RE. Sooo long in the offing! You've been talking about it for years.

Downloading now, can't wait to see it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Awesome video, man. I knew about a lot of these wormholes already like on Snow Jam and Metro, but some of them were just crazy and ones I never would even think to look for, like some on Ruthless, Kick Doubt and Gravitude and Ruthless Ridge. Btw, I think Happiness #8 is beneficial. I think I remember getting 2:15 or something with it.
P.S. Thanks for credit :p

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
I got half of the Metro ones from you, so thanks to you. You may have noticed that the '2' in your handle got cut off; blame WMM ( :frusty ) for that. It also cut off "MerquryCity.com" at the end. Happiness wh #8 might be faster than no wh, but not faster than wh #1 (1:15), so I label it not beneficial.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
RE Virus wrote:
You may have noticed that the '2' in your handle got cut off; blame WMM ( :frusty ) for that. It also cut off "MerquryCity.com" at the end.
Yeah, I saw that. No problem. :p
Quote:
Happiness wh #8 might be faster than no wh, but not faster than wh #1 (1:15), so I label it not beneficial.

I thought so.

Btw, you're missing some wh's from R&B. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Gravitude MVP
ChaosRacer2 wrote:
Btw, you're missing some wh's from R&B. :D

I never found any on that track. Do post description or video if you feel like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
It's been a long time, but I remember 2 wh's around the same area. One was before the 5x multiplier that was next to a 10x multiplier at the half pipe area. If you go all the way to the right, you can jump over some rocks and go out of the map. I remember it being somewhat hard to do. Another one was a little before that wh, it was near a 2x multiplier. I remember getting some air and wiping out on a railing, and falling through the map. I'll have to play ssx3 again to give a more clear description.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
*downloading right now*
awesome post RE :D

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:35 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Hey RE, what's the music on your vid? The people on youtube always ask for the soundtrack.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Wormholes Video - 123 wormholes!  
Type in the lyrics into google and it should come up with some.
Like:
Do me, baby,
be nothing but mental,
so let's do it like they do,
on the discovery channel

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ]  1, 2