Switch to full style
One Mountain - Three Peaks - Endless Possibilities... The SSX 3 Forum
Post a reply

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 pm

This has happend to me numerous times while setting up Zoe, and I've been thinking of making this thread since 2004, but because of pure laziness it took me 6 years until I finally managed to gain enough strength. :lol

So, once back in 2004 or something like that I was playing good ol' SSX3 and doing my thing with Zoe. Back in the Lodge I mitch-matched some new equipment and outfits I had won. I remember I couldn't decide which style to set up for Zoe - the punk-styled witchwarrior with batwings, or the futuristic techno-devil with jetpack? So I eqiupped the batwings, unequipped the batwings, then equipped the jetpack, unequipped the batwings and so on and so on... In some particular, after doing this for a while, this is what happend to Zoes batwings:

Secret glitch batwings, or my console playing tricks with me? So far I have not dared using these secret batwings while riding, I'm afraid the game will crash. :frusty

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Looks pretty funky. If your playing on PS3 you may as well give it a go, game'll crash the secnd youhit a big jump anyway.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Bwhahoa, funky. Was gonna say it uses the texture of the Jet Pack, but the texture looks NOTHING like it!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Wow, that might be another one of those "Psymon" mask glitches with Zoe's wings. I dig it, it's kind of like "Robot Wings". :lol

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:20 am

Who knows for sure? SSX3 never fails to surprise us, not even after 7 years!

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:20 am

Nice. The textures seem too well defined to be the result of a glitch. It might be like Moby's secret werewolf outfit. Maybe each character has one secret costume, tho I only remember Moby's.

So far I have not dared using these secret batwings while riding, I'm afraid the game will crash.
So what? Your PS2 won't get damaged or anything like that. Even if it were a glitch it's not likely the game will crash... when you exit the Lodge, the modified bat wings will either be replaced with the regular ones (if it's indeed a glitch) or will remain (meaning it's almost certainly not a glitch).

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

RE Virus wrote:Nice. The textures seem too well defined to be the result of a glitch. It might be like Moby's secret werewolf outfit. Maybe each character has one secret costume, tho I only remember Moby's.

are there pics of this 'secret' werewolf outif and is there a reliably way to get it ? I'd like to see it pls :)

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 am

You activate it by turning on/off certain clothes/items. IIRC, Moby's skin turns hairy when you turn off any body garment and turn on the rastafari hairstyle. I hardly remember any specifics.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 am

I recall getting the Werewolf Moby outfit multiple times just for fun. In that stroke of "How friggin' convenient" style, though, My SSX 3 save no longer has the gear for Moby needed to unlock it.

RE's method sound about right though. Bare chest and long dreads. Isn't there a werewolf-style clawed hand too?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 am

OK thanks for the info you two, i'll try it in a few days or so :D

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

i don't have a picture nor know what i did. but when i was setting up another style for psymon, i put on the gas mask, went back and raced, won, and during the cutscene, i notice that they used his face texture instead of the gray leather leaving the red eyeholes and knobby thing on the end. he looked like ozzy osbourne.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am

OK, I've checked it out... Moby's special outfit is simple and obvious:

Werewolf face + werewolf hands = secret werewolf torso

Notice how similar that texture change is to Zoe's bat wings (see Jonipoon's screenshot in the first post). However, I was unable to replicate it:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:55 pm

That's it exactly, nice work RE!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:22 am

Nice work RE, :thumbsup thx for your time :cheers

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm

daaaaaaaaang...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 am

I Use Zoe.
I Don't Care About Moby.
RE Virus Showed Exactly How To Get Moby's Special Stuff
I Still Don't Get How To Do That Texture "GLITCH" With Zoe. At The Beginning It's So Unclear.
Please Could Someone Explain It :wink

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 am

AWESOME!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am

so are there any more of these secrets for other characters? or is it just moby?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 pm

o.e the Zoe glitch is just AWKS! tehe
Post a reply