Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:10 am  Post subject: A little help  
Hello, I play SSX3 for two weeks and I need a little help for platine medal in freestyle.

1. How you can make two or three monster trick in one jump ?

2. How you made for the combo x30 at the beginning. I know it's 180 + nose / tail press ( + rail ). But i can't stay on the rail, i make nose / tail press + 180, and i'm not in the rail.

3. For the Slopestyle peaks one and three, what do you make for platine medal ?

4. And what it's best Monster Tricks ? I have Superman / X-ecutioner / Stoneage. People say me Alpine star it's good, but what is it ?

Thank's. Sorry for my bad english, I'm French.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 am  Post subject: Re: A little help  
PSN: KBABZ
Hi, welcome to the forums! Okay, let's see here...

A1) To perform more than one Monster Trick in one jump, Perform the trick, finish it, but wait for your boarder to stop spinning and return to their neutral position before starting on the next one. This is easier said than done, as there aren't many jumps big enough that give you enough air to do two Monsters in one jump, let alone three.

A2) I find that doing a Nose/Tail press takes too long to warrant doing them, bouncing up and down on the rail with quick jumps works a lot better. The rail is optional though, the trick can be done on the ground, just at half the speed (on the rail, you get 2 multipliers for each jump, one for the 180 and another for the rail).

A3) For Peak 1's R&B you will need to hit 1,00,00 points (which is the same amount needed for ther Style Mile), and for Kick Doubt you need 1,200,000 points. you can check out a list of all the Platinum Medal scores and times in the Lodge under Rider Details, assuming you've gained access to the needed peak. Keep in mind that Kick Doubt is the hardest course to do well on in the game.

A4) For Monster Tricks, I always stick to a pair of tricks that net you 30,000 points, which are X-ecutioner (FS Triple Backflip 180 SSXorcist) and Overseer (Triple Backflip Nosegrab to Lukeloo), a 20,000 point trick, Stoneage (BS Double Backflip 180 Madonna) and a 10,000 point trick, Aphrodite (Triple Backflip Superman). There are several reasons for this. The first is that the tricks are easy to remember, especially once you figure out the Backside/Frontside ordeal. The second is that most of them are tricks that are quite short to pull off. Shorter tricks equals more time for you to hold the trick during a jump, which equals more points and more lenieage should you make a miscalculation**. The third is that most of them are all on different button combinations, which means that I can have several Monsters at my disposal in any one event. Madonna is my favourite because it's a 20,000 point trick and it's the shortest trick in the game, so I spam the hell out of it in Races to get Super Uber red boost as quickly as possible.

Stalls are a great way to 'milk' Monster Tricks, as they net you bonus points without you having to go out of the trick like other methods such as off-axis do. To stall, when spinning in the air, press the button(s) opposite to the ones you are holding. For instance, if you are spinning to the left, quickly press and hold Right to Stall the spin, causing your rider to spin more slowly and netting you the bonus points. Stalling goes great with Monster Tricks because you can drag them out for the entire duration of the jump, once again earning you more points. Try practising them at your local Superpipe Event to get the hang of it.

*Uber Tricks are divided up into three stages, Move in, Hold, and Move out. Move is is the initial animation the rider does to get into the Hold Position during a trick, and Hold is the pose your character stays in when you hold the trick's needed buttons in mid air. The last and most important animation is the Move out. The quicker the move out position, the sooner it takes for your rider to get back into their neutral stance, which is when they can successfully land back on the ground. As mentioned, a quicker trick (or move out time) means you can hold a trick for much longer in the air, which equals more points because you can hold the trick longer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:53 am  Post subject: Re: A little help  
I don't try anything, but when I try two Monster Tricks in one jump, the second is very slower. I go looking some video for Platinum Medal in R&B and Kick Doubt and read some technique in a forum. Tomorrow I try Monster tricks & Platinum Medal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:14 am  Post subject: Re: A little help  
PSN: KBABZ
The reason why the second one is slower is because of pre-wind. Pre-wind is when you hold Jump and press a hold a spin button in preperation for the trick, which makes you spin much faster. Because you can't pre-wind while in the air, the second trick will always be slower.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]