Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 pm  Post subject: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
PSN: KBABZ

Remember I said a while back that I'd do a run as Eddie with his voice clips added in? Well here it is!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
That was great. Well played.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Thanks. I know I'm not a master and don't exploit all the routes, but hey, it can be a bit challenging with a half second delay when using the Recorder. Plus the point of the vid was to show off Eddie talking (sadly no chance to show the crash vocals), as opposed to trick amount or fastest route.

Oh, and that rail hop at the end with a Karolicker was a total fluke!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 am  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Nice stuff there KBABZ.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 am  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
simply AWESOME :cheers

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Awesome. :cheers Hahah, that makes me wish they had totally recycled the voices for SSX 3. I asked Cody Ritchie one time why they didn't and he said because of licensing rights, they would have had to pay extra to reuse the voices in the second one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
XBL: zazontazaba
thats awesome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
I've thought about doing it for the other characters, but I think just Eddie is good enough. Plus I can't do Hiro and Jurgen due to a lack of SSX1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 am  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
I imagine it was a lot of work. I remember doing that for Kaori's Tricky video and having it take forever, cutting and naming all those sound clips.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
You've worked on a similar project? How's that go?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Yeah, when I did Kaori's video for Tricky I made her say "Gondee" and "Merqury City", and in order to do so I had to cut a bunch of her clips and name them all phonetically, then cut those up in to pieces and paste them together to sound out the words. Took me a really long time, but I got Kaori to say "Moh-kyo-ree-shi-te" and "gomdee". :lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Haha, neat!

I didn't bother naming them all, I just went through the list and previewed them to see which one best suited the jump/trick he was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
If you want to show the crash vocals, I'll do a run with him....he'll be completely senseless by the time I get him to the bottom of the hill.

I've gotten better, but some of the runs I still majorly suck at (and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with degree of difficulty...can't figure that one out.) My hubbie jokes that if Brodie started off with a master's degree in marine science, I've hit his head so much on various objects (and mountains) that he probably has a 6th grade education now. Too bad he doesn't have a rope belt. :P

That was an awesome run!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Thanks! I recorded a whole bunch of "Ahh!", "Ow!" and "Aptch!" impact noises, and the comments afterwards ("I think I just made yellow snow...!"), but what I didn't think of was the fact that I have a no-crash policy when doing recordings like this, so I could only really do it for when he smashed through the tree branches in the middle of the course.

It would be neat to see vids of the characters with their dubs included. Sort like an SSX Celebration, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
gondee wrote:
Awesome. :cheers Hahah, that makes me wish they had totally recycled the voices for SSX 3. I asked Cody Ritchie one time why they didn't and he said because of licensing rights, they would have had to pay extra to reuse the voices in the second one.

That really sucks, too, because the voices were so good! Psymon's was incredible...it fit him so well! And of course you've all heard me go on about Brodi/Billy Zane (sigh).

Oddly enough, it was Tricky that got me listening to Bif Naked. What a gal!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Ruthless Ridge Run as Eddie... with voices!  
Yeah, I got some Bif Naked songs after Tricky too.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]