Switch to full style
One Mountain - Three Peaks - Endless Possibilities... The SSX 3 Forum
Post a reply

Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:11 pm

:mad None of the Metro-City races will work for me!!! :mad For ssx4ever I can hear what's going on, but I just can't see what's going on! I can see gondee's M2M and KD perfectly but not ssx4ever's! What's up with that?

Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:15 pm

Vivi FF wrote::mad None of the Metro-City races will work for me!!! :mad For ssx4ever I can hear what's going on, but I just can't see what's going on! I can see gondee's M2M and KD perfectly but not ssx4ever's! What's up with that?

I think it's a "streaming" movie, in any case you need a new enough viewer to see it. I use an updated version of Windows Media Player (9.x), from Microsoft's site, and installed their WMEncoder9 too (not sure what that does :heh).

Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:19 pm

Oh I have some old version. Stupid old computer. I can't wait until three more years when I'll have a laptop for college! :D I can have all the updated, new stuff.

Until then, gondee or someone else, could you kindly change its format or whatever so I could see it? Thanks!

Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:11 pm

if you just download the latest windows media player it will work...

Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:28 pm

macromp wrote:if you just download the latest windows media player it will work...

I am aware of that but my dad doesn't want me to d/l any new updates and such cause one time, we updated something, and it messed all of our media files up. We don't want that to happen again.

Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:44 pm

Should have gotten a mac! Never any hardware problems...

Occasionally though, WMP won't work.. :sad

Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:10 am

Vivi FF wrote:I am aware of that but my dad doesn't want me to d/l any new updates and such cause one time, we updated something, and it messed all of our media files up. We don't want that to happen again.

Vivi, you might burn them on CD, and watch them elsewhere. Or download them at the other place too if you cannot burn CD's. (just thinking the obvious :wink)

Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:07 am

ssxtitan, was that last jump to the right and respawn intentional? It seemed to boost you further, so I'm guessing it was... nice find if so.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:57 pm

nice job on Metro...I think you can trim your time down a bit in the begining by takeing the very first shortcut and eventually catching the telephone lines to the building u have to jump over

Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:14 pm

Where is the Metro City Master Run? Can't find it anywhere.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:21 pm

Page one/ post one of this very topic

Nice Metro run, by the way, I almost think if you hadn't bumped into that wall before the jump to the bridges towards the middle, you might have been able to shed a second or 2 off the time!

Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:59 pm

I feel so low and so stupidfor not seeing it before. thanks for pointing it out.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:03 pm

are you hitting select after that last big jump or it just take u there?....ive tried both with no success

Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:22 pm

anyone know about that on Metro?...I tried doing it for an hour...was only able to get up there like 4 times...didnt get anywhere each time

Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:32 am

Guess you talk about the Metro City Phonebooth shortcut. You jump up there and hit the phonebooth, it will warp you further into the course.

Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:48 pm

ssx4ever that was an awesome run, you make hitting the phonebooth look so easy :)

Do you have any tips for hitting it easier. I know that your speed needs to be over 60 or else you won't reach it. any other tips would be great!

Kuno

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:29 pm

Holy baloney Batman!!! That Metro-City run is wicked ssx4ever! 2:01? Crazy, I can't even get 2:35! Very nice job! I never new of that magical phone both either.... OoooOOOooooOOO!

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:47 pm

Thanks for the props guys, but it really isn't such a great run. I think for that path a perfect run could probably shave another 5 - 8 seconds. But I'm not really sure since I haven't spent a lot of time trying to get lower and lower times.

Tips for hitting the Tardis easier? Well, I know if you come in from the subway path, you don't need anywhere near as much speed, but you risk overshooting the mark.

There are also another 2 known teleports, you can find details of these in other threads.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:48 pm

Gondee you missed the last 10x! I understand its not a master run, but that could help you in getting platinum

Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:16 pm

I'd never hit the last 10x in all my attempts before, and I was so close I didn't want to jink it, so I just went for the 2x since I know that would put me over. It's a tutorial, not a Master Run, so I didn't score nearly as high as is possible with the run.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:45 am

i'm fairly sure i've figured out the three main things they do to get a 1:45ish time (the two phone booths and the water tower teleport, although i can't get that to work consistently).

i've decided that for the time being at least i find reading to be more fulfilling that ssx3, but hopefully i'll get around to making a master run in the next week or two. unless someone else wants to do it first.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:30 am

I just ran a 2:02 on Metro...

That third "warp" spot is definitely a tough one to hit... is anyone (besides FBX :heh ) hitting it conisitently?

And also, is it just me or is the 2nd "warp" spot actually slower? :???

Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:19 pm

That third "warp" spot is definitely a tough one to hit... is anyone (besides FBX ) hitting it conisitently?

i can hit it more than half the time offline. online is a different story. also the water tower is definately not slower, even if you get the bad warp.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:12 pm

a big part of making the water tower faster is to go up on the fence. there is a very short pipe that will send you up to the fence; boost like a goose in heat once youre on the fence and lean left. if you do it correctly you can jump straight from the quarterpipe into the teleport, cutting out the process of planting and springing.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Where's the water tower located?
Post a reply