Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hey guys! it have been a long time that I haven't been here(maybe a yaer or two). It's good to see that some of you still play to this game!
It will be so cool if you come back Re virus!!
Encore bien joué pour ton 5.9millions sur RU tu as réussi à batter mon dernier Master Run qui était encore en vie :glare !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
IceXtreme wrote:
Very interesting at the end of SJ there RE. I have fell under the water like that before but never thought that it would be faster.

I think the key is go as far right as possible. Not sure if you really need to go under the water. But the way I did it, totally randomly, saved 500 ms. Who knows, it might save even more if done perfectly.

Quote:
It's really aggravating because I have SO many tracks I have new ideas about and want to push further but simply can't find the time.

Do you mean new ideas for racing? No way! Other than Metro (1:31) and SJ (1:54), and maybe Intimidator, I don't see what you can push further.

Rastapo wrote:
I just took your line:
Lv1 ubers jump at 4:45, Finger 11, AS, X, X, AS (easy to smurphy), SA, X, X-X-SA (X-X-X possible but hard), X-SA-SA (I made it when I can't get X-X-SA before), SA smurphied, SA-SA, SA (go a little right and jump just a little left, hard to smurphy), X, SA (X may be possible, not really sure), X, SA-SA (not so hard), X-SA, SA-SA, SA, AS, X, X, X, pipe (try getting all X's!), X (get on the log and jump before it falls down, OR alternatively it's also possible to jump out of the pipe from the left side and do SA-SA!), SA, AS, X-SA (This jump is completely random but I've done it a couple of times), X-X, SA (go a little right, hard to smurphy it though), X-X, X, SA (difficult but I've done it), X-SA (I get it all the time normally), X, X-X.

Nice additions, Rastapo. I'll comment on your changes:

Lv1 ubers jump at 4:45, Finger 11, AS, X, X, AS (easy to smurphy), SA, X, X-X-SA (X-X-X possible but hard), X-SA-SA (I made it when I can't get X-X-SA before) [ah, I can see how that is possible, but I don't remember ever trying it], SA smurphied, SA-SA, SA (go a little right and jump just a little left, hard to smurphy), X, SA (X may be possible, not really sure), X, SA-SA (not so hard) [oh, good find, I had no idea], X-SA, SA-SA, SA, AS, X, X, X, pipe (try getting all X's!), X (get on the log and jump before it falls down, OR alternatively it's also possible to jump out of the pipe from the left side and do SA-SA!), SA, AS, X-SA (This jump is completely random but I've done it a couple of times) [X-SA while still getting onto the following log? crazy!], X-X, SA (go a little right, hard to smurphy it though), X-X, X, SA (difficult but I've done it), X-SA (I get it all the time normally) [I recall the main problem with this one was landing too far to the right], X, X-X.

You added another 200k there! Let's go all elgen on Ruthless and push it up to 7mil! :heh

Oniz wrote:
Hey guys! it have been a long time that I haven't been here(maybe a yaer or two). It's good to see that some of you still play to this game!
Encore bien joué pour ton 5.9millions sur RU tu as réussi à batter mon dernier Master Run qui était encore en vie :glare !

Hey Oniz, nice of you to come by to say hello. Yes, your 5.4M Ruthless video is still very good. I got the Finger 11 idea from it! It would also be cool if YOU came back to play SSX3!

Quote:
Probably like how you wanna play some freestyle but can't because of your controller :heh

Now, just buy a new controller and come back to freestyle !

But... I don't really want to. It feels like such a waste of time. I know that if I get a new controller I will end up playing. For now I'm more interested in seeing what elgen can do in SSX3.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:47 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Just improved a little more on much-2-much:

I stop here, Igloo's world record is simply untouchable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
Nice one. The beginning is indeed ridiculously hard. How many times did you curse those falling rocks?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
RE Virus wrote:
Nice one. The beginning is indeed ridiculously hard. How many times did you curse those falling rocks?

I didn't curse those falling rocks but rather this fucking fir tree, this fucking rock on the left and this fucking end's rail. This beginning of track requires an extreme precision and timing.

It's funny (or not) to see how the things became strongly complicated after I decided to get a X instead of SA.
Btw, I only got 3 X on one hundreds try, I crash farther for both of them. Obviously, the latest was the good.

Edit: Nice Alpmaster ! It was more or less in my straight of mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
alpmaster wrote:
Hahahaha, those fuck yea memes are the fucking best, I gotta make one for the SSX 3 guys :heh

He did a SA-SA when he wanted an X-X-SA, but still FUCK YEA'd? Explain.

Rastapo wrote:
It's funny (or not) to see how the things became strongly complicated after I decided to get a X instead of SA.

Add the X-SA by turning right after the X-SA-SA and you can tie iglooman! I think the first X is harder than that X-SA.

Quote:
Btw, I only got 3 X on one hundreds try, I crash farther for both of them. Obviously, the latest was the good.

The X-X-X jump isn't that hard, it's just a matter of jumping straight up while leaning slightly to the left. I never had any problem with that jump. It's the jump after that that I always messed up when on a good run.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
RE Virus wrote:

He did a SA-SA when he wanted an X-X-SA, but still FUCK YEA'd?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:lol You guys crack my ass up. :lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:07 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
RE Virus wrote:
Rastapo wrote:

Add the X-SA by turning right after the X-SA-SA and you can tie iglooman! I think the first X is harder than that X-SA.

I think it's the best way for me to lose my nerves, as I wrote a little higher I stop here about much-2-much.

RE Virus wrote:
The X-X-X jump isn't that hard, it's just a matter of jumping straight up while leaning slightly to the left. I never had any problem with that jump. It's the jump after that that I always messed up when on a good run.

It's exactly the same for me and I still don't know why this jump is so random.

Edit:
Rastapo wrote:

It seems there is a little misunderstanding: I spoke here of the first monster trick I got (There were 3 runs where I managed one X at the beginning). Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hahaha! I feel such a noobie now! I just took a quick look into my _ye olde_ savegame for SSX3... Not much to say there, other than :lol and :heh ...
BIG AIR:
-> 1.1m something @ m2m.
-> 1.2m something @ LT
-> 900k something @ CN :heh not even a million... *thumb up*

SLOPESTYLE:
-> 4.2m something @ RnB
-> 4.6m something @ SM
-> 2.9m something @ KD

Haha. Ridicilous lame scores for a showoffer like me, but I didn't play other than those stages anyway... so all the other stages will be quite so new to me, tbh. But yeah, I reckon that I can improve those scores quite good now that I've got videos to follow & learn from. Besides, I haven't played SSX3 in...well...years. *coming up with excuses* :lol

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see what one can achieve with all these great videos available! *points @ Ras, RE and Ice*

Anybody else who're playing SSX3 besides you 3? Although you 3 are more than enough............

Rastapo - Now, now.. don't be so judgemental there... We/you'll get his score eventually. You just have to search around the track for more neat ways to spend you seconds on. Easier said than done, but still...

Btw... help me to pick a course to start off with. Don't give the tricky AIJ/TMPX-typish stages to begin with. Obviously it must be either a slopestyle or a big air course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
elgen wrote:
Anybody else who're playing SSX3 besides you 3? Although you 3 are more than enough............

I'm not playing... except for some occasional wormhole testing and recording. I haven't played freestyle since 2005.

Quote:
Rastapo - Now, now.. don't be so judgemental there... We/you'll get his score eventually. You just have to search around the track for more neat ways to spend you seconds on. Easier said than done, but still...

Hahaha, no way! M2M isn't like Tricky where you can roam around for a few seconds to get on a rail backwards to get a multiplier. Watch iglooman's 1.72M video and you'll see how there's absolutely no space for anything to "spend your seconds on".

Quote:
Btw... help me to pick a course to start off with. Don't give the tricky AIJ/TMPX-typish stages to begin with. Obviously it must be either a slopestyle or a big air course.

Go ahead with M2M if you dare. If you can get 1.7M I'll be surprised, but if you can beat iglooman (1.74M) I'll eat my hat! Try some Style Mile as well, go for 9.5M. The slopestyle tracks are probably more your cup of tea given your Tricky multipliers mastery.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:24 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hmm... I'll have to see what I can come up with.. first I need to "master" the character and the driving.. Heh.

Ooo? A hat, hmm? What sort of hat? Would be fun to see you eat it, heh. But yeah, a truly marvelous run he did there. Doubt I'll be able do reach that score that soon anyway.. but yeah, I am not a COMPLETE n00b on SSX3 either, so I'll give it a fair go!

Hehe, yeah.. Slopestyle would be my way to go for me, indeed. I guess that IF I'd break any records, I'd do it in Slopstyle... but yeah, given the fact that I now got MR's to study, things will be A BIT easier than coming up with my own route. Following the MR routes on the other hand... that'll be a massive challenge!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
Just finish Tricky first, elgen, I know it's too hard to switch between the two games.

RE Virus wrote:
gondee wrote:
Oh. I don't gots that one. Care to load it up somewhere?

How did you miss it? :heh It's still up: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUH7GQS0

Did you miss it again, g? :heh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
If Elgen starts dropping crazy scores in SSX3 quickly I would be extremely impressed. The playing style of Tricky and 3 feels so different. RE I might get some time to fool around this weekend with my setup. I'll drop you a p.m. here soon if I really get frustrated. Honestly thinking I need to get a new C card but i'm real pressed for money right now :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Quote:
Did you miss it again, g?

No, I've got it. I'm gonna upload one last set of MRs, just been busy with other stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
IceXtreme wrote:
If Elgen starts dropping crazy scores in SSX3 quickly I would be extremely impressed. The playing style of Tricky and 3 feels so different. RE I might get some time to fool around this weekend with my setup. I'll drop you a p.m. here soon if I really get frustrated. Honestly thinking I need to get a new C card but i'm real pressed for money right now :/

Don't worry. That won't happen for a good while, especially since I am STILL sort of "struggling" with Tricky... I keep doing these flashy n00b-wakawaka-kaboom-splash doh lameass kamikaze mistakes that screws up my run totally. But when that's said, I feel confident enough that I'll be "up there" among you guys ONE day. I am quite sure that I'd be capable to at least challenge top 3 highscores in all Slopestyle stages. And yes, I am quite so familiar with the tricking for SSX3. It just got this simple, yet such a fluent flow that's different from Tricky. Gah, at least I should be glad that I am not THAT much of a newbie when it comes to SSX3... but hell, my scores are Recycle bin material... Btw, after studying the videos, I am quite sure that I can come up with some tiny changes once I start with SSX3.

REV - Yep, will finish Tricky first then jump to SSX3, no worries.

Hmm... just out of curiousity... which of the Slopestyle courses should I go for first? Which one is the "easiest" to master?

gondee - *a bit off-topic* Did you ever receive my pm about the Tricky MR, maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:43 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
elgen wrote:
Hmm... just out of curiousity... which of the Slopestyle courses should I go for first? Which one is the "easiest" to master?

That's totally subjective. I'd say SM is hardest if you use the rail loop 3 times like in Rastapo's video. The beginning is also very hard if you aim for the x5 just before the 1st chkpt (like in my 9M video). The end of R&B as shown in my video is also very risque. I'd say KD has the easiest 2nd half. KD is also the shortest time-wise, IIRC. SM is the longest and thus has the highest score potential.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Quote:
gondee - *a bit off-topic* Did you ever receive my pm about the Tricky MR, maybe?

Uhh...I think so, at least if you sent it recently. I haven't downloaded your Tricky MRs yet, like I said before I've been sick and ridiculously busy, so keep them online for the time being and I'll download them soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:23 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
RE Virus wrote:
That's totally subjective. I'd say SM is hardest if you use the rail loop 3 times like in Rastapo's video. The beginning is also very hard if you aim for the x5 just before the 1st chkpt (like in my 9M video). The end of R&B as shown in my video is also very risque. I'd say KD has the easiest 2nd half. KD is also the shortest time-wise, IIRC. SM is the longest and thus has the highest score potential.

Ahky. Well, I'll keep that in mind then. Sounds like a good idea to begin with a course that's not THAT difficult to master, but yeah, I'll try them all and see who I like the most. :yes If I recall it correctly, my favorite course used to be the one with halfpipes in the air... Which one's that..?

gondee - Yeah, no probs. Will keep them there for a while, yes. Since they're so huge, I assume you'll fix them so they are in proper size.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
elgen wrote:
If I recall it correctly, my favorite course used to be the one with halfpipes in the air... Which one's that..?

Perpendiculous, the last Superpipe track. It's the best place to practice your speedy X's.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
RE Virus wrote:
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/knowledge/kb_show.php?id=114
Quote:
Peak Race Lodge Glitch!
http://www.merqurycity.net/masters/movi ... 1.40.4.wmv
I was referring to the ssx3-lodge-glitch.wmv video which explains how to do it. The master run doesn't explain it at all.

This has been corrected. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Gravitude MVP
Thanks. Did you totally miss that video when I posted it? :heh

Btw, is there any way to turn off that crappy PHP shortening of URLs? It results in so many broken links (which can hurt your Google ranking).

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
RE Virus wrote:

Btw, is there any way to turn off that crappy PHP shortening of URLs? It results in so many broken links (which can hurt your Google ranking).

Yeah, I support this. Quite annoying, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
elgen wrote:
RE Virus wrote:

Yeah, I support this. Quite annoying, indeed.

I agree, it's aggravating. I'll check into it in a few weeks. It broke the Master Run topic first posts too. :glare

Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 162 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 229