Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:11 pm  Post subject: New to the community.  
Hey guys. Long Time Lurker here.
I've started playing ssx3 again recently. When I did the all peak a few days ago I was excited to see it was above cloaked yoshi's time. I think I can beat the incredible run Jack Archer just posted, with some shortcuts I've discovered over the past few months.
I think sub 18 is very very possible without TAS. But I might need some help from the community to try to really profit from new route discoveries.

Also why does he not use teleporters in metro?

Last edited by Zartla on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
this is all assuming resets are allowed in the world record runs. I saw two pages on here about world record requirements one said resets were not allowed. The other said resets were allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
Welcome to the Gravitude Bar! Also, by "Jake" do u mean Jack? I don't know any racing tips, because my only decent race is Metro 1:46 any%, but i am good in freestyle imo. Anyways, Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:47 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
PSN: PGlassJar
Hello, Zartla! Welcome to Merq!

So... as Nigel said, you mean "Jack", not "Jake", if I recall correctly?

If you mean Jack Archer, then the whole no teleports thing is because there are 2 racing categories; clean (no wormholes or cheaty shortcuts), and... uh... there isn't really a name for the other category. Let's call it "unhygienic", 'cause why not? The "unhygienic" runs using whatever means possible to get to the end. You'll see a lot of his runs say clean, or just nothing. Also, I don't think it's likely you're gonna beat him (nothing against you), because we chat pretty regularly of Skype, and he said that he's gonna redo it, and I'm pretty sure he also said "sub 18". So... Yeah, but good luck anyway in your endeavors. <3

Also... How long have you been lurking here for? And how old are you? (don't worry I'm not a pedo ask Jack).

<3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Only specific wormholes in races for SSX 3 are allowed for scoreboard entries, just as an FYI. There ended up being so many that a lot of them invalidated any effort put into racing at all, so we had to put a limit on what was allowed and say "at this point in time, these X wormholes are allowed but no more." Check the SSX 3 rules page - anything you see in the Master Runs page is allowed. Anything else, including anything new you discover, is not.

SSX Tricky, on the other hand, any new wormhole is allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
gondee, you realize you put SSX_nigels 1:49 ruthless ridge on the scoreboard and he used an illegal wormhole. and yet youre talking about these wormholes not being allowed.

just..... wut

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:07 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
Jack wrote:
gondee, you realize you put SSX_nigels 1:49 ruthless ridge on the scoreboard and he used an illegal wormhole. and yet youre talking about these wormholes not being allowed.

just..... wut

Oversight to be honest - very easy when I approve one SSX 3 score every year. :heh I'll fix it in a day or two - sorry for the mistake Nigel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
Sorry guys, been getting over a head cold recently.
Jacks route doesn't use wormholes, nor does mine. I haven't discovered new wormholes either. I think they take away from the fun and competition. I haven't really wasted time trying to do them either. However corner cuts. Supermanning certain jumps, and well timed Y (GC player here) resets would cut down significantly from his time.

Jack used Y multiple times in his run so I'm assuming this would be considered clean. as would certain "questionable short cuts" Such as the intimidator bar hop. and Metrocity phonebooths. That's part of what I've came here to figure out. I also want to help do anything possible to reach sub 18.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
lol wut, questionable? The only thing questionable about it is that no one every does that shortcut cause it's incredibly hard to pull off correctly.

I even played it super safe which wasted a few seconds

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
It's the shortcut itself that I would consider questionable. I do it in my practice runs as well, it's pretty tricky. But I've noticed if you hit it really hard, sometimes you'll get reset if you're not doing tricks. That makes it slightly questionable in my book. It's a great shortcut though I nearly shat my pants the first time I saw it on youtube.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
Y resets, do you mean reset warps? If a run uses those, it's not technically "clean." Clean means no glitches of any type, racing as intended bla bla bla. Phonebooths are fine, as it is in the game, intended to be used by the developers.

But again, all this stuff is somewhat dependant on the person racing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:12 pm  Post subject: Re: New to the community.  
gondee, i PM'd you about changing my name to "Voltron" so please do that mkay thx

ZreknarF

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]