Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 am  Post subject: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
XBL: Wargame
I had been a huge fan of SSX and tricky and when 3 came out I bought it on release day like I had with Tricky. However I quickly became disappointed with it, I am trying to remember why but all I remember was not liking the fact that you had to keeping nose presses to keep your combo going, the boarding between levels bit and the rail mechanics.

However seeing as most of you hold 3 in such high esteem I have been watching a load of Youtube videos and am scratching my head as the game looks bloody superb in fact it is everything you would want in a squeal. So I have taken a punt and bought a copy of ebay for my 360 and am really looking forward to giving it a go.

It might even make stop play the 2012 version for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
XBL: MdX MaxX
It really is a stellar title. It doesn't have the deep characterization or zany track design that Tricky has, but the graphics are superb, the soundtrack is perfect, and gameplay is very smooth. You won't be disappointed. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
I am really looking forward to it, it is a shame that they didn't make tricky BC. i guess the only thing that will hinder my enjoyment is a) getting used to standard controls again and b) getting used to the slower pace.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
XBL: RASENrafficaz
mos def give it another chance it will help you appericate SSX2012 better

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:41 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
It arrived this morning and I have been bashing it for the last few hours and I really can't see what I didn't like about this, maybe at the time it was too different from tricky but I have been really enjoying. Also can't believe how good the graphics still look.

Its a pity this doesn't work in 60hz so I have had to ditch my VGA cable and use HDMI which makes the dashboard not look as vibrant and I am using the pro controls but keep pressing the wrong button as I am so used to the 2012 control scheme.

it is a shame I have come to this so late I could have been enjoying SSX 3 for the last 10 years instead of pinning for a new sequel.

Also does anyone know if the NTSC version will run on a PAL console as the PAL version displays in a 4:3 window instead of 16x9?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
PSN: dvlboi43
I'm glad you decided to give it another try! SSX 3 is definitely my favorite one in the series on the ps2, and honestly one of my first choices when people ask me my favorite game ever. Enjoy! :D

-Nigel Thornberry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
I just went and read Gondee's guide to Monster Tricks and I think my head just exploded.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
PSN: Ubersnuber
It's a halfpipe cleaner, that's for sure! ^_^

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3: Giving it another chance  
Holy shit, I rebuyed it. Already have gold on all the tracks with Mac. Instant Nostalgia. CAN'T STOP PLAYING :D

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]