Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - NEW SSX CONFIRMED! SSX Deadly Descent appears at VGAs!
Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:34 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm  Post subject: NEW SSX CONFIRMED! SSX Deadly Descent appears at VGAs!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
TRAILER FROM VGA's:

crappy handycam quality but hey...ya know, it's something for now.

GAME CONFIRMED!!

Kotaku says the SSX Deadly Descent logo just popped up during the intro to the VGAs!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kotaku wrote:
SSX Deadly Descents Confirmed At Spike VGAs

The logo for SSX Deadly Descents just popped up during the Spike TV VGAs broadcast, confirming the reveal of EA's next entry in the snowboarding series. We'll have to wait a bit longer for the official reveal, but here's what we've heard.

-------

BIG POSSIBILITY OF A NEW SSX TRAILER AT THE SPIKE VGA's!

Thanks to Shadowdane for the lead:

Shadowdane wrote:
All I can say is I will be watching the Spike VGAs!! OMG :woot

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-24-ssx-poised-for-vga-reveal

--- OLD POST ---
Big thanks to TKEON230 for the tip.

From MTV Games Blog:
Quote:
Winter is almost here, so it's all the more appropriate that a handful of new SSX domain names have been purchased, a sign that EA may be readying some new snowboarding action for the near future. "SSX Blur" marked the series' last installment in 2007, so it wouldn't be rushing things at all if its publisher wanted to put a new game out in 2011, and given the name choices that have been registered, it also would not be inappropriate if EA wanted to title that game "SSX: Deadly Descent" or "SSX: First Descent."

SSXDeadlyDescent.com and SSXFirstDescent.com were among the domain names spotted by Superannuation. Of course, purchasing a domain name and launching one or more games are two completely different endeavors, but these registry practices are often telltale signs of things to come.

If EA meant serious business when they locked these names down, the next question is going to be whether they're both for the same game or two entirely different (perhaps complementary) projects. THQ's "Red Faction" domain shopping spree last year led to revelations of everything from a Syfy production, "Red Faction: Battlegrounds" and a new sequel for the core series.

Does that mean we'll be getting an SSX movie sometime soon? That's probably not too likely, but stay tuned for updates on this front, because if new slopes are getting prepped, they'll probably be unveiled before too long.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Attack Duck Owner
XBL: VixDiesel
PSN: VixDiesel
sounds interesting and intriguing as long as they don't eff it up. more tricky and 3 and less blur and on tour. and absolutely NO kinect or move unless it's optional.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Quote:
SSXDeadlyDescent.com

SSX DD = SSX Double D

Commence the Elise jokes. :lol :lol :lol :wtf

EDIT:

:lol :lol :lol

Source

Uh-oh note - wonder if it's the I-phone game?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 am  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Pretty cool! The pages are blank though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
Me hopes the get merqurycity.com / this site envolved in the next game... :yes ...and that we would get to see uberboards from all SSX-games. Just for fun. Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
While it is exciting, we know practically nothing right now. If the new SSX is being developed for consoles, it seems odd that they would reserve the websites a full year before the game is even finished. Very rarely do they settle on the title of a game that early before it's released, especially if it's still in its development cycle.

My spidey-sense is pointing my thoughts towards the I-phone game, because isn't SSX Deadly Descent kind of a silly title for a next-gen full-blown SSX game? It reminds of something like SSX: Out of Bounds which was released for NGAGE or something - a title for a smaller system like the I-phone game. We know it's been in development for a while, but we've seen nothing of it except that it's scheduled for a 2010 release supposedly. This might be the first rumblings of the I-phone game getting released.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:55 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
'Deadly Descent' sounds Iphone/handheld, yes, but:

"SSX: First Descent" domain -- suggestive of the popular reboot motif: the origin story

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:39 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
XBL: DredPirateStorm
PSN: DredPirateStorm
I have to agree. First Descent sounds like it could be a console game and Deadly Descent sounds more like a handheld/phone game. Either way I hope we get both a console and handheld game soon. I find myself slowly drifting away from video games because they just don't make the same genres that they used to. A new SSX would definitely bring a smile to my face :woot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:37 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Hm. For all we know,it may be just another Console game,or it could be a 360Kinect only game. We'll have to see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:52 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Dear God, please no motion control, and please, not an iPhone game.

Let Tricky and 3 be the framework, and just go crazy from there.

*fingers crossed*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
OH BOY I JUST WET MYSELF! :woot

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Attack Duck Owner
XBL: VixDiesel
PSN: VixDiesel
kotaku finally posted about this tonight:

Quote:
SSX, the snowboard supercross game, was one of the most acclaimed series on the defunct EA Sports Big nameplate, but hasn't seen a new release since a poorly received Wii title in 2007. That might change with "SSX Deadly Descent."

Superannuation, cataloger of all prospective video game paperwork, noticed five sites all have been registered to Electronic Arts: DeadlyDescent.com, DeadlyDescents.com, SSXDeadlyDescent.com, SSXDeadlyDescents.com and SSXFirstDescent.com

Scrawl notes that "First Descent" could be a handheld or Wii version of the main title, a plausible theory. For now, it's just a domain name. But if Big alumnus SSX is coming back, can we get some NBA Street up in here too?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:13 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
happymachines wrote:
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

:eek :eek :eek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Who is this happymachines guy? Welcome to the site, new guy.

DeadlyDescent.com, DeadlyDescents.com, SSXDeadlyDescent.com, SSXDeadlyDescents.com and SSXFirstDescent.com

Given this, it seems that Deadly Descent is the main project. The odd one out is First Descent, probably a smaller project, i.e. handheld or Wii.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Zoe's #1 Fan
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Hope it could lead on to a new game :) we've all waited long enough and at least this is coming from EA for once :D

Other than that I had a dream 2 nights ago that EA released a HD box set of SSX games for PS3. Dont know why I had that dream but it was awsome to play on online was improved to 8 player :P :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:35 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
RE Virus wrote:
Given this, it seems that Deadly Descent is the main project. The odd one out is First Descent, probably a smaller project, i.e. handheld or Wii.

First Descent is the name of a 2005 well-known extreme snowboarding movie. You can find it on youtube - I wonder if they aren't making some kind of allusion to this movie as inspiration for the next game. Being that none (or hardly any at the least) of the original team is working on this new iteration (they all moved to Microsoft and made the Kinect Game Joyride), I'm sure they needed to look for inspiration from somewhere, or else we're gonna end up with another On Tour that is more corporate, designed to sell ad space in the game and pimp current snowboard gear over a well-designed game that just incorporates that stuff like SSX 3 was.

Regardless of whether you think the movie was any good (it did have its moments IMO) it is a little odd for EA to choose the same name from the myriad of possibilities. Personally, I think SSX Descent would have made more sense, sounds cool and is currently available for purchase as a domain if you so desire! :lol

This worries me a little, because I don't want the game to be another attempt to reflect current snowboard trends. They need to do an about-face and move away from "being cool" and avoid toning down the game's craziness. The thing about this game, if EA hasn't figured it out, is that they MUST take advantage on the fond memories that were built up from the first 3 games and really capitalize on the gamer nostalgia that's gonna push interest in the game. Streamlining a game in an attempt to reflect "current" trends will result in Shaun White SSX, which might cause the end of the franchise if this is indeed a full-blown AAA game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
Oh wow... I can already see the new SSX go all 'clash of the titans' with most pro's returning to the scene with the likes of happymachines, REV (lol), MrChaos, crisp, Yoshi, gondee, FX, naya, Rastapo, alp, grandmort, dolphin, ssx4e, PD(??), 9E, THL, IceXtreme, BlckDth and the list goes on and on... :yes Going to be ubersome...hopefully!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
All I can say is that I hope it's for a system I own, for one, and that I now have a valid reason to stick around here. lmao.

But yea, exciting. =W= <3

Still somebody loses 'cause

There's no way to turn around

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
After looking into it, I don't think these new websites are for an I-phone game. Because EA doesn't create entire domain names for their I-phone games. They already have a section for those games on their website.

But that also doesn't mean that it's definitely coming out. EA has registered several domains before, including ones for the Sims Franchise called Sims Medieval and one for the Dead Space series called Dead Space Sabotage. Nothing has been heard about either of these potential games since June and August, respectively. So there's no guarantee that this means anything has been greenlit - only that they may be considering the possibility.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Hey Gondee. And everyone else.

If they are delivering two games, I would think one would be for Kinect/Move. Or both.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:14 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
HAPPYMACHINES? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU STILL VISITED!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
PSN: KBABZ
My dream SSX game would consist of the following components:

= Crazy track style with a huge sense of scale and characters of SSX Tricky (with a proper trick announcer)
= Speed of On Tour, and random boarders in Freeride
= Everything else from SSX 3, including a free-range mountain (better than battery!)

Another neat feature that would go in the SSX style of thinking is to have a bit more depth to the Custom Soundtracks. Instead of just playing it like background music, let us make our own custom playlists, choose what plays during what kind of gameplay, include the filters that affect the default tracks, and have a proper pop-up showing the track info of the next song. Also do a Burnout Paradise and try to include as many songs from past SSX games as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 am  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
gondee wrote:
After looking into it, I don't think these new websites are for an I-phone game. Because EA doesn't create entire domain names for their I-phone games. They already have a section for those games on their website.

But that also doesn't mean that it's definitely coming out. EA has registered several domains before, including ones for the Sims Franchise called Sims Medieval and one for the Dead Space series called Dead Space Sabotage. Nothing has been heard about either of these potential games since June and August, respectively. So there's no guarantee that this means anything has been greenlit - only that they may be considering the possibility.

No no, Sims Medieval is definitely coming out, Gamespot has a preview on it, there's a release date (or at least afaik it's Q1 2011), and a lot of info on it already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: EA registers several SSX-related domains  
baka wrote:
No no, Sims Medieval is definitely coming out, Gamespot has a preview on it, there's a release date (or at least afaik it's Q1 2011), and a lot of info on it already.

Well then, that's good news too. That means this might a legitimate, serious game. Cross your fingers. :)

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 10 [ 249 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10