Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - Arcade shoutbox? Also, which new theme should I install?
Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:26 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:34 pm  Post subject: Arcade shoutbox? Also, which new theme should I install?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Okay guys, we're live! The scoreboard is active and working as far as I can tell and the forum is upgraded to the new version!

There will probably be 1001 little things that I have to change or can change to make it more like the old Gravitude Bar. So if there's something you don't like and want changed, let me know and I'll see what can be done. I've tried to make it the most like the old Gravitude Bar as possible, minus some small things.

The Arcade and Knowledge Base are not installed yet, and the search isn't working either. I will reinstall the search tables by Monday, and I'll try to have the arcade up in a week or two. I'm sorry to say we lost the scores, but that couldn't be helped.

Post your questions and comments here, and WELCOME TO THE NEW GRAVITUDE BAR 3.0! :woot :woot :woot

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:27 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
its very sexy~

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:31 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
So you could say it's...SSX-y? :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:41 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Attack Duck Owner
XBL: VixDiesel
PSN: VixDiesel
the only thing i see so far, at least for me, is that on the ssx theme, the index forum icons are compressed and shrunk.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:43 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Okay, thanks, I'll fix that. THat's the kind of stuff that you guys should report. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:46 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Everything looks shrunk.

The only things I don't like are the black lines going through the navy blue posts.

but I'll get used to it I guess.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Attack Duck Owner
where it says:

Board index » SSX Community » The Playground

Is it possible to change Board Index to The Gravitude Bar?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
It should be. I'll get back to you on that in a day or two. :)

Just as a reminder, these are the hacks I have on the list to install:

• Arcade
  • Gravitude Chat
  • Knowledge Base
  • XBL, PSN, Wii profile fields and buttons

A lot of the other stuff is on the board already. There is a profile field for your Custom Title already in place, so go onto your profile and input it! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:40 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Wow, the SSX theme definitely feels different ._.

Glad the transition went smoothly though. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:44 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
:lol No way baka, the SSX theme is practically the same. :poke

And I'm going to install some missing BBcodes here shortly. Just remember that I have to run a script to get our board to "recognize" old BBcodes, so until I do that, anything that we added outside of the default phpbb2 install won't render as HTML. :china

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Did you change the font? Something doesn't feel right to me ._.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:12 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
:lol No, some of the font sizes are different, but dude, you'll get used to it, trust me. I promise it won't be that bad. *pats baka on top of head*

Don't worry guys, you'll see how awesome this board will be in a few weeks once I get everything up and running. We'll have 4-5 different video BBCodes by tonight. We will be able to post vids from IGN, Gamespot, etc. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
abc

Last edited by Khalpz on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:43 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  

Code:
[gamespot]6208904[/gamespot]

[ign]object_ID=850815&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/977/977929/burnout_gmp_gold_delivery_042809_flvlowwide.flv[/ign]

[googlevideo]7578098596856273816[/googlevideo]
Code:
[googlevideo]7578098596856273816[/googlevideo]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Attack Duck Owner
posting code tags stretches pages for me weirdly.

---

when my IF board upgraded to Zeta, my members were freaking out for a few days cause everything was sooo deifferent. this is nothing.

---

edit: when you look at the online list, the column titles are in birhgt orange. if it matters. i'm still waiting for user colors. :P :glare :lol

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:16 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
No, it's just that particular code tag since the URL is so long. Normal ones will fit on the page just fine.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:17 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Attack Duck Owner
it seems only the video code, i guess because it's one long string with no spaces and i use a 1024 resolution.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Quote:
when my IF board upgraded to Zeta, my members were freaking out for a few days cause everything was sooo deifferent. this is nothing.

Yeah, I worked my ass off to make sure it was as close to normal as possible, with tweaking the themes so much. You'll get used to it guys, and I'm sure you'll not even think about it later. There's a lot of stuff that bugs me too, the posting screen is really long, Khalpz is right, there are a lot of lines on the 'blue posts' on the Grav theme, etc and so forth, but overall I'm sure I'll get used to it. To me all that minor stuff is small fries until you get to the stuff you CAN do, like multi-choice polls, PMing more than 1 person at a time (up to 5 -- or more if you can convince me otherwise), extra stuff like the Print Topic option, so awesome and such an upgrade from our last board.

Quote:
edit: when you look at the online list, the column titles are in birhgt orange. if it matters. i'm still waiting for user colors.

:lol :lol You and those colors. :D I may change it but that's pretty far down on the list there vixie. :D What do you think about posting IGN and Gamespot vids? :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:49 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
looks good gondee. but its gonna be hard to tell if im logged in or not without the chat box

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:58 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Rock AG wrote:
looks good gondee. but its gonna be hard to tell if im logged in or not without the chat box

That's a good idea. I'll add something into the header that will only display if you're logged in, and it will also show if you have some PMs too. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
PSN: crispncrunchy
:china :china :china Oh and easy colour selection too

Nice work Gonda

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
Thanks Crisp N Crunchity! :cheers

Okay, I fixed the "long posting screen" by reducing the smilies on the posting screen to what we had in the old forum. I also added a link to the UCP and a notice about PMs in the Grav Header that you'll only see if you're logged in. :)

Also added in XBL, PSN and Wii friend code profile fields. I will add in the buttons for them in a few days.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:54 pm  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
It funny, everything is pretty much the same. But everything also looks completely modernized.

Can you install the hack where if you mouseover on a topic, the topic text pops up on screen? I've always wanted that hack. It makes any forum better.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:22 am  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
It's great. :D
But I think the ssx3 theme looks a bit odd.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:55 am  Post subject: Re: And WE'RE LIVE! Gravitude Bar is UPGRADED!  
loving the new penthouse, holy shit free minibar? *runs off sreaming like a 7 year old girl at barbie convention.

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 6 [ 144 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6