Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 pm  Post subject: Thank You and Merry Christmas!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I debated whether to post this in The Lodge or here, but in the end I settled on The Playground in case. I just had one of those showers where thoughts run through the mind like little particles diffusing under a microscope (ugh, that's a weird analogy but you get the point). I had so many thoughts that I couldn't help but share them, so here they are.

To me, Merqury City's Gravitude Bar is a very special forum with a truly amazing community. I recently returned to playing SSX 3 after getting caught up in other games and school and I didn't even think of playing SSX 3. As we all can agree, the SSX games are great (especially the third one, right guys?). However, every time I've left for a longer period of time, I was never brought back to the community by the games, rather I was brought back to the games thanks to the community!

The main reason I find you people so great is because of how supportive you always are. Whenever I put out a new video, even when I know it's pretty bad, I am always congratulated by everyone who posts, and in spite of that, I always know it is genuine coming from you! Then, whenever anyone posts a run, the community comes together to analyse it and suggest countless ways to improve it, while setting their own scores and times. I literally cannot think of anything more motivating than that, because it always feels like I'm playing not just for myself, but for everyone else! Also, it's very encouraging to be appreciated by others for doing what you love!

Together, we have taken something we loved and helped each other make it even better and that's beautiful. To every active player at Merqury City, thank you... just for everything. To all the lurkers, thank you for staying around and I hope you can join us and let us make these games even better for you and everyone else. And to everybody reading this, have a a very, very Merry Christmas or any holidays you celebrate instead at this wonderful time of the year, and an amazing and fruitful new year! I hope that I will be able to do my part in the community much better than I currently do and give back some of the love I've been getting from you, because I honestly believe that there isn't a better game fandom anywhere else on the Web, and I feel privileged to be a part of it. :china

That's all. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Thank You and Merry Christmas!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Aww, thanks Kubi. It means a lot to hear you say that. Happy Holidays to you too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Thank You and Merry Christmas!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Merry Christmas matey, all the best to you for the new year :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:09 am  Post subject: Re: Thank You and Merry Christmas!  
Merry Christmas Kubi!! I couldn't agree more. This is a very special forum. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Thank You and Merry Christmas!  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
I have to agree with you at all Kubi, this site is very special, here is our "online family" as already mentioned before, many times I return from my job or college, and one of the first things I do when i into in my house is see if have something new here, and I'm very happy to have been invited to join me here, I love ssx series (mainly SSX3 dahhhh) I love this game so much that I play since 2007 and never get bored ...at the beginning I was here in forum thank of the game (because I do not know this forum until 2011) but nowadays, I basically play this game because of the forum (as you mentioned) also just have to thank all you guys, it enriched me a lot as a person and player after I started attending here! happy belated new year Kubi and all of the merq. XD

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]