Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

You don't want the sauce. But if you did, which one would it be?
Cholula 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frank's Red Hot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Goya 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Louisiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sriracha 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tabasco 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tapatío 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Texas Pete 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Valentina 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
El Yucateco 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:19 pm  Post subject: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll included!)  
What's your favorite?

Tryna expand my selection...

Frank's Red Hot that always ends up having wine mixed in it for marinades so I don't even fuck with it no more.

My go to was El Yucateco, the green one, which I got because it was hotter than the red one. They're not kiddin bout it bein hot. I still like it a lot, but I wanted to get something I could put on more stuff and not have it dominate the shit out of the taste.

Recently got Goya hot sauce and it ain't shit really but that's kinda appealing. I can throw it on anything. It's thin and has a lotta vinegar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:32 am  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Well, I don't really use those types of sauces but I have been getting used to Peri-Peri sauce which is rather tangy and spicy, the taste is really nice too. I've been buying sauces from a nice South-African chicken shack called Nando's which I personally believe is everyone's best chicken place in the UK.

They got like different flavours from Medium to Extra Extra Hot (Which is furious) and I quite enjoy the Hot Flavour of Peri-Peri sauce.
Here is the set and I think they taste great along with chicken and maybe steak (If you're really into it)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:28 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
sooo good~

this on an omelette is to die for~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:04 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
Frangos (BBQ chickens) around here usually get piri piri put on them and that's like a quarter of my diet.

Last edited by Khalpz on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
What I found interesting over Nandos is that they do Peri-Peri salt which is covered on your fries by choice so the taste is going to last forever in your mouth. Best thing about this too is that you only need to add 10p for it. :thumbsup

EDIT: I actually got nearly all these sauces except that my dad puts them safe away from me so that I don't steal them. I really wanna try Tabasco sauce. I think he's crazy though. He went out with his mates and got a load off with Ghost Peppers. I'm surprised his tongue's still attach and not burnt! Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
I'm pretty indifferent to most hot sauces, but I did try one from Jamaica that was excellent. Too bad I forget the name and have no means to get more.

space reserved for if/when I remember the name

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:00 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
PSN: MistressWiggle
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
Well, I don't really use those types of sauces but I have been getting used to Peri-Peri sauce which is rather tangy and spicy, the taste is really nice too. I've been buying sauces from a nice South-African chicken shack called Nando's which I personally believe is everyone's best chicken place in the UK.

They got like different flavours from Medium to Extra Extra Hot (Which is furious) and I quite enjoy the Hot Flavour of Peri-Peri sauce.
Here is the set and I think they taste great along with chicken and maybe steak (If you're really into it)

Yeah I was going to say Nandos isn't on that poll so get out.

That said I don't like hot sauce that much. I like to taste my food. I'm pretty sure my other half has no taste buds left because of his stupid addiction for spicy foods.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:32 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
NA wrote:
Yeah I was going to say Nandos isn't on that poll so get out.

Nando's is no more than a restaurant but just promotes the sauce... so maybe yeah, I shouldn't have included it in there. If you meant to say that a different way (giving in my opinion) then... that was uncalled for. :heh Sure, it's not on the poll but the topic relates to a question so I gave in my own answer. I was mainly relating to Peri-Peri. No offence though to you. :thumbsup

Last edited by Joshie2499 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
No I meant Nandos isn't on that poll and goddamn should be. :heh I was talking to Khalpz. Your post would have gotten a like if there was one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:07 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
NA wrote:
No I meant Nandos isn't on that poll and goddamn should be. :heh I was talking to Khalpz. Your post would have gotten a like if there was one.

Lol, forgive me NA. :)
Anyway, Peri-Peri sauce seems to beat nearly EVERYTHING on the poll by the Scoville Scale. The Very (VERY) Hot sauce alone is about over 100,000 Scoville Units and nearly everything else on the poll has about 1,000 to 20,000 Units (I MIGHT be wrong). I agree with NA. lol xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
Is this some UK shit I don't know about?

Let me check google.

Damn I should have known that of all people. But I really haven't seen that one though. Been from Algarve up to around Coimbra.

Maybe I did and there just ain't shit about it to really distinguish it so I didn't make the mental note.

My local grocery store has a big ass Portuguese import section. I'm gonna fuck around and buy 2. :lol

Edit: woops. Now I get it. A casual dining chain selling their hot sauce.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
Hahahaha.

Khalpz if you really wanna try some PM me, I don't mind sending you some out :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
Khalpz wrote:
My local grocery store has a big ass Portuguese import section. I'm gonna fuck around and buy 2.

I can send you the empty bottle of sauce leftover that you can lick off. Just call me on 420-360-PERI and I'll send it to you. :lol
But seriously, don't call the number. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:11 pm  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
Arctic Fox wrote:
I'm pretty indifferent to most hot sauces, but I did try one from Jamaica that was excellent. Too bad I forget the name and have no means to get more.

My guess would be Pickapeppa

Or maybe it was very peppery?

Peppers are called Scotch Bonnet and can be made into a sauce.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 am  Post subject: Re: What's your hot sauce of choice? (EXTRA HOT poll include  
So I found out my bottle of Frank's Red Hot had expired in March of last year.

Never had wine in it

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]