Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

GOTY 2014?
Bayonetta 2 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Dark Souls II 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dragon Age: Inquisition 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Hearthstone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shadow of Mordor 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:02 pm  Post subject: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
So, Merq friends, it's December again, and that usually means it's time for the VGAs. You'd think after last year's catastrophe there'd be no shows to watch this year, but in fact we have two: The Game Awards and Playstation Experience.

The Game Awards: Games will rise

Who: Geoff Keighley, Producer; various developers
What: The VGAs, reincarnated
Where: The Axis Theater, Las Vegas, http://thegameawards.com/watch-live/
When: December 5th, 9pm EST
Why you should get hyped: Spike/Viacom are not involved this time. Mr. Keighley is paying for this out of pocket, and his solo projects are always very professional and well-done. Execs from every major game company are on the advisory board.
Why you should brace yourself for disappointment: VGX happened. Kyle Bosman has not yet been confirmed as host. YouTubers.

Playstation Experience

Who: SCE
What: Sony's new gaming event, open to the public. Panels and demos will be available to attendees. There will be a keynote to kick off the show.
Where: The Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas http://www.twitch.tv/playstation
When: December 6th-7th, keynote at 1pm EST on December 6th
Why you should get hyped: Uncharted 4 will be there. People on the internet are saying things. Bloodborne.
Why you should brace yourself for disappointment: With two decent summer shows and The Game Awards the previous night, one has to wonder just how many announcements the keynote will have. People on the internet are saying things. David Jaffe.

Sooo, that's what's up. Assuming the PSX keynote is being streamed, I'll add times and links (edit: added, may be subject to change?). While we wait: what announcements would you all like to see next weekend? What are your predictions?

Last edited by citylights on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:02 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | Let's not and say we   
I haven't even played any of the games on the list, but Bayonetta 1 was so awesome I have to vote for 2.

Hopefully a friend who has a WiiU will get it so I can try it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | Let's not and say we   
Bayonetta 2 had ridiculously good reviews! I'll probably only play Inquisition out of that list, though.

tbh, as long as I see Uncharted at either of the events my weekend will be worth it. :lol buuuut, still holding out for the big five: SSX, Mirror's Edge 2, Criterion, Visceral Star Wars, WipEout. C'MON EA, STEP YOUR GAME UP! :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | Let's not and say we   

WHERE ARE MY KRISTEN WIIG GIFS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:01 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Ohh yes, im looking out for the big 5 as well. i would say Battlefield but.....it just isnt the same anymore.

anyways, cant wait to see whats new!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
Who: Geoff Keighley, Producer; host unknown

The host will be whatever fucktard comedian hates video games and gamers the most. That seems to be the one prerequisite for hosting these VGAs. :rolleyes Did they ever get Aisha Tyler to do it? She might be someone who doesn't mock the audience relentlessly.

As far as GOTY goes, it's DA:I for me hands down. I would love it to get recognition from everyone else, but I've never gotten the impression it's been a smash hit or anything. A moderate hit certainly, but I don't see tons of audience participation for the game so I'm betting the Mordor game will get it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Yes driver!! :woot

Peter Moore says he'll be as PSX too. Hmmmm...

gondee wrote:
The host will be whatever fucktard comedian hates video games and gamers the most. That seems to be the one prerequisite for hosting these VGAs. :rolleyes Did they ever get Aisha Tyler to do it? She might be someone who doesn't mock the audience relentlessly.

Actually, Geoff just clarified and said there will be no host. He'll set the stage a few times and let the developers talk, present awards, etc. tbf, he's really trying to do something serious here—we'll see if he succeeds. Only way I can see him screwing this up is if he gives too much stage time for the YouTube losers. :grr Jeff Gerstmann better win that one category because everyone else sucks. Knowing the massive fanbase though, it'll be PewDiePie. As long as TB doesn't win.

Oh, and Aisha never did it, but I agree. I did like the year with Sam Jackson. :lol

Tomorrow night, folks! You can watch it on your consoles, too. For PS it shows up in the store.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Well, all things considered, that was pretty good, surprisingly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
DRAGON AGE GOTY

ZELDA GAMEPLAY

IMAGINE DRAGONS AND KOJI KONDO PLAYING ZELDA MUSIC AND IT'S TIME

you done good geoff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
PSN: Emu90
Bruh...

Last edited by TrickyEmu on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Tomorrow should be fun. Uncharted 4 gameplay confirmed, and SSX is TOTALLY getting announced guys! :heh Oh and heads up, keynote is actually at 10am PST, so 1pm EST.

livestream schedule: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/04/playstation-experience-panel-and-livestream-schedules/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
PSN: new one - PM me
Playstation Experience Keynote guys, and it 's awesome!!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/06/watch-playstation-experience-keynote-livestream/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
omg, that was SO good. AMAZING Uncharted 4 gameplay everything I ever wanted, SSX Tricky cameo, free PvZ Garden Warfare, more Tearaway, Shu as a videogame character, Keita Takahashi and Robin Hunicke's game FINALLY, No Man's Sky is HUGE, Until Dawn looks amazing even though I'm a scaredy cat... I'm probably forgetting something.

LOOK AT THE OPEN MAP, LOOK AT THE PLANTS YOU CAN HIDE IN, LOOK AT THE METAL THINGY, IT'S GONNA BE SO GOOOOOD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
PSN: Emu90
Damn, I gotta admit, Uncharted 4 looks incredible. Almost CGI-like.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:31 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Uncharted 3 was easily my favorite game from that generation of consoles. I'm hyped to HOLYFUCKtown and back a good few times over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
I am soooo into Dragon Age Inquisition at the moment, i've played 20 hours so far and i am totally addicted.

I put Destiny on hold until the release of the first DLC (tomorrow) and i think i did right, this game is really awesome: the crafting, the skills trees, the romances :heh , the story, BioWare did a really good job, i am impressed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
Kijooki wrote:
I am soooo into Dragon Age Inquisition at the moment, i've played 20 hours so far and i am totally addicted.

I think I'm up to 80 hours or maybe more at the moment. I think I'm going to beat it this week so I can have the choice to move on to other games, if I want. I probably won't, but at least the story won't hold me hostage like it has been. :heh Of course, after that, I need to decide if I'm going to try to 100% my 'normal' playthrough, or if I'm going to up the difficulty and 100% my additional playthroughs. I played DA: Origins 3 times. :heh

It really is GOTY material, I'm glad it won at the VGA's this year (or whatever they called it.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
I can't waiiit to play Inquisition but I'm gonna get my art portfolio done first before I'm sucked into the vortex. :gameboy

Has anyone seen this thread?? I'm dying: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947203

(i laughed, i cried :cry :cry :heh)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
:heh I saw that on the awards ceremony. I thought it was kind of touching myself, but in bad taste - yeah I can see that. :heh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:47 am  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
holy crap :lol :lol

and yeaaah City welcome to the Inquisition >:D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Gaming events of December thread | EA'S HERE  
I thought it was sweet, in a nerdy way. :lol Jerk move by the cameraperson, he definitely didn't think he would be in the shot.

Kijjj I can't wait!! :woot

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]