Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm  Post subject: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: MistressWiggle
There's no thread for this and their damn well should be.

In short, IT BEGINS.

Anyone else watching? I'm going to watch every match as I did for South Africa and hopefully end up with a ton of hilarious memes like I did when it was the Euros.

Who're you supporting and what are your thoughts? Time for a discussion for the next three weeks.

For those of you who dislike football.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:05 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: new one - PM me
Just came back from E3, will surely catch up on FIFA now, did you watch England - Italy match? :/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
I knew this thread would probably mainly just be me and you :heh

Yeah I did, went down the pub, the atmosphere was great despite the result. Some hilarious guy yelling COME ON SCOTLAND, whenever Italy scored. We were VERY unlucky. I was expecting us to get slaughtered but I was proud of how we played, Stirling and Sturridge were absolutely astounding yesterday. Fantastic play from both boys.

Rooney was shockingly awful.

Still think we can go through if we beat Uruguay and Costa Rica. Thanks to Costa Rica yesterday we don't have to rely on Italy and Uraguay playing for a draw in their last group game to both qualify which helps. That's always the concern in the group stages.

France will piss it through their group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:04 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Hoping Portugal doesn't get trashed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:17 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
I imagine I will be much angrier if Germany lose tonight than I was when England lost on Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Germany is on the way for semi-finals, i feel it, like The Netherlands, Italy and Argentina....

USA vs Ghana today! Good luck mates!! :woot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:00 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I'm here too.

I knew Spain would be out after the Netherlands match, and honestly never for one second did I doubt they wouldn't win this one. Too many things changed, I wonder how so many people just couldn't see the same I did.

The Portugal defeat was awful, everything went wrong. But's it's a different defeat than the 5-1 for Spain. People here are being extremely negative, saying that we're out even though there are still 2 games left. Let me repeat that, extremely negative. It baffles me. We, as a nation, have no trust in our team, it's something that happens all the time but today it's exaggerated proportionally with the first match result. I have faith in them.

In the 2012 Euro we lost our first match too, in the Euro 2004 same thing, etc, etc, etc. We always say we're doomed, but we should send the message to the team that we believe in them. In the past, when we didn't believe in them and had reasons to not believe in them as much as today, they proved us wrong and we celebrated together. In this World Cup, they need our help more. A tough defeat, 3 injuries and a suspended player, they need us and we should be supporting them in between the games, not just in each 90 minutes.

Whatever. It's just football, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:17 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
This is a lifestyle.

About the Portuguese attitude after the game... Yeah, people are mad and pessimistic (More mad and pessimistic than Portuguese people are on regular days). But shit, with a score like 4 nothing, I can understand if you actually give a shit about the game.

USA should be an easy win. It should be kinda interesting to see 2 countries that have something to do with me go at it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:17 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Unfortunately Germany find Kryptonite in Italy and Portugal seem to find the same in Germany.

Muller milked his altercation with Pepe for all it's worth but Pepe, jfc. I wasn't even surprised.

England pretty much out today, again not surprising. It won't accomplish anything howevr, there will be no improvements made by the FA, the Premier League will still take presidence and we will never again see the spark of Michael Owen, David Beckham and Alan Shearer.

Our back four were USELESS, Rooney is a waste of space.

I'm so glad supporting my other half enables me to support a team I give a shit about and care for. Ghana should be a piece of piss on Saturday night.

Also I fucking hate Suarez.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Feeling bad for Switzerland right now... But the most important is that i feel like being back to FIFA Cup in 98,

Team spirit has changed a lot, so happy for it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:51 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
France looked so powerful last night. One of the leading contenders to win the world cup if they play every game like yesterday. I would love to see a European team finally win the World Cup in south America. While I would love for it to be the Germans, they are the forever seconds, so France or the Dutch will do nicely.

Although as long as it isn't Uruguay or Argentina, I will be content.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: jonipooon
Haha, England is out. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:17 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: Mistinguette
Ghanaian played very well despite any action failed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:15 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Gonna be a fun ass game to watch today.

Either way, it's a celebration bitches!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:09 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: Emu90
Me when Portugal scored in the last second:

"No. Nonononononono! NO!! AARRRRGG. :heh Now we have to get a tie with my favorite team, Germany. No chance. Germany plays like a machine. No, I can't watch the next game." >.<

Emotional rollercoaster.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:56 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Jonipoon wrote:
Haha, England is out. :D

Tell you what if we'd been in Ukraine's position we never would have beaten France in the play-offs to even get there.

Still every cloud has a silver lining... we still scored more goals than Spain. >_>

The new younger guys played well. Sterling was fantastic and so was Sturridge, Rooney and Gerrard were a waste of space, not convincing John Terry to go was the nail in the coffin, I would bet everything I have that the second Suarez goal WOULD NOT have happened had Terry been on the pitch. The fact that it was Gerrard's cock up makes the goal worse, he PLAYS WITH SUAREZ ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS AT CLUB LEVEL. He knows full WELL not to give him those types of opportunities. I do think we're back to team building at the moment and Hodgson needs more time at the job, but we'll see in France in two years time for the Euros.

Zlatans face though during the game against Uruguay was fucking priceless.

Channelling EVERY England supporter there.

*150% Done with this shit*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: Veckodag

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
SSX (2012): Showoff: #1Overall Best Players: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #1
PSN: FAN_JHON-3000
Did you see the " the cannibal " Suarez ? He bite again.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
He got suspended for 9 match and is forbidden to play football for 4 months... tbh that 's a well deserved punition..

And holy crap, what's going on with great European nations, no more Portugal....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Wadda ya gonna do?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:44 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Epic 8th Finals so far, we made it to the Quarterfinals but was not that easy vs Nigeria...

Even Germany vs Algeria atm i wouldn't be able saying which team is gonna win,

Good luck to the US vs Belgium tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:11 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
FIFA too soft on Suarez, but everyone expected that. He's an absolute animal and a disgrace. Love how the Uruguayan team and media blamed the English media as though NO OTHER COUNTRY'S PAPERS thought it was disgusting and unneccesary. Glad they've been forced home, they're a bunch of cheating arseholes, especially considering Suarez's hand of god incident in the last world cup. Hopefully Liverpool will finally sell him so I don't have to look at his ugly Alex like horse face anymore on TV during the Premier League.

France v Germany will be huge. Might be the first time Germany don't meet the Semi's :(

Argentina pretty much confirmed for Semi's. Someone needs to beat them. Please.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Don't be so sure about Germany dear NA, we are also scared here :) On a side note if both teams play the same game as they did on 8th finals, i think it's gonna be pretty epicly sh.t :heh :heh

Agreed regarding Argentina,

Belgium pretty scares me too. Weird feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 am  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
Belgium v USA was just heartbreaking last night. Was an absolutely superb match and I wish it had been the final in some ways. No cheating, both teams playing well, both teams giving it their absolute all, tremendous saving from Tim Howard, and the sportsmanship at the end of the game from both players AND coaches was fantastic.

Was going to be sad for whatever team lost but the USA have nothing to be disappointed about, they were superb.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup  
PSN: Emu90
:woot France was playing so well in the past. How could they lose?? >.> I want a South American country to win the World Cup, but I can already see this will go to either Netherlands or Germany.

*edit Oh lord, Germany vs Brazil??? :cry

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  1, 2