Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:52 pm  Post subject: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
Would you ever be a politician?

There's some old guy running for some bullshit in my city and he's in his 70s or 80s. He looks like any other old guy and it's weird to think he's somebody running for something. Today I even saw some dramatic negative ad campaign against his party. It had his old non evil politician looking face. That was strange to see.

Personally, no. How about you?

RE Virus 2016

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
I don't think so. I think I would get too annoyed with how F***ed up the system is an how inefficient it is.

I do wonder about these positions that I see that pay like 70k a year and they're held by someone who is running unopposed.

Last edited by Titan on Fri May 09, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I would vote for you Titan.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:19 am  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
gondee wrote:
I would vote for you Titan.

This.

I think maybe a lot of Politicians start off with good intentions, but then get sucked up into the gigantic anus in England that is Westminster. The majority of them are fucking useless two-faced corrupt inneficiant arseholes.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
nah, i wouldn't want the press digging up my old pokemon rps :battyshifty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
lol, NA and Gondee, you guys are sweet.

My old man has a rule. He won't vote for anyone who is running for re-election for the reason NA stated. Once they have been sucked into it they end up corrupted buy the time their first term ends.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
I think the rule that best applies to politics is: "The people least willing to run for office are the best ones to run for office."

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
Did you come up with that yourself or is this some saying I wasn't aware existed?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
It's a pretty common conception. The people who least want the power are the ones who should be given it, to avoid for corruption and other nastiness.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
Yeah I understood it and agree that it holds true often. I had just never heard it.

In short, "That's a good one".

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Would you ever consider running for some form of office?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I kind of think that Politics would be better if they were all only paid for expenses and that's it. People would only be there then for the love of it, rather than the high wage packets and the second home allowances etc. You're doing a duty to the country, I don't see why you need to be paid for it, either do it because you really want too or don't.

If you want to be a slimeball that dabbles in the law for money go and be a lawyer.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]