Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
PSN: MistressWiggle
All caught up with True Blood now, but goddamn last season was sad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
I just saw Captain America and YEEES everyone go see it! My second favorite action movie.

Click to reveal hidden content: show
Though title could also have been Black Widow: The Winter Soldier, and there's nothing wrong with that. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I loved it too! :cheers

I thought Black Widow was awesome in this, and this was an excellent springboard for her own movie. It would have to be much more spy thrillerish than this one was, but this showed it could really be done.

The action was fantastic, Winter Soldier was a scary villian, even more so than Bane from TDR. :yes

My one complaint was the big plot point that Hydra infiltrated Shield to the extent it did - I didn't think that was very realistic. But I can fanwank that way just to enjoy the movie. The Winter Soldier was up there with Iron Man 1 and Avengers as the best Marvel movies of all of them. :yes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Yeah, Black Widow was amazing and she needs her own movie. Would definitely need to be more of a spy thriller, but I was surprised by how great some of her action scenes were. Apparently some development work has been done, so hopefully it'll actually happen. It's about time for a superheroine movie, and there's no better character, actress, and moment.

Villains are weird for me (I thought Bane was hilarious and Heath Ledger's Joker scared the crap out of me). It's the mind games and suspense that really get to me, so I was actually more interested in HYDRA as a whole than Winter Soldier, but he's by far one of the better ones. Brock Rumlow was great, too.

With the HYDRA infiltration, I was uneasy at first about how they were going to pull it off and if I'd look back on it as jumping the shark, but since I love those kinds of scenarios with chaos and systems falling apart I suspended my own disbelief as well.

It's far and beyond my favorite. I think it's partly because it's suspenseful, well-paced and well-balanced, but it's also because I loved all of the characters. Cap and Black Widow are the only Avengers I really care about tbh, and then Nick Fury and Falcon were amazing too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:17 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
Just saw Captain and HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Catching up on all the GCCX I've missed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
^Hooray for game center cx~ :lol

Watched the first few episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure~ Truly one of the best manga ever and watching it all unfold is going to be a real treat~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:14 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Hey City, it's happening! :woot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:13 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
*INCOHERENT GIRLY SCREAMS*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:38 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
I need to catch up on my normal TV shows, but first......i found a copy of Evangelion 1:01 at my local music store that i go to. i saw a couple of minutes of the second one and said, woa, that looks epic.

so yea........brb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
gondee wrote:
Hey City, it's happening! :woot

Awesomeness~

On a side note I tried watching Agents of Shield and it was pretty bad. I think I will stick with the movies~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
Titan wrote:
On a side note I tried watching Agents of Shield and it was pretty bad. I think I will stick with the movies~

really? =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ We were going to start that soon =[[[[[[ I was looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:59 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
got back from seeing that Brick Mansions movie with Paul Walker in it (shame it was his last :( ) anyways it was pretty good and was worth admission (plus Paul Walker doing parkour, totally worth it :D )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Kijooki wrote:
Watched August: Osage County last evening, acting from Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep were impressive

I just watched this. Soooo good. :eek

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
citylights wrote:
Kijooki wrote:
Watched August: Osage County last evening, acting from Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep were impressive

I just watched this. Soooo good. :eek

I heard it was fantastic. What a horrible name for a movie though. that was the best they could come up with? boring.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Yeah, the name is terrible. It really is great, though. Meryl Streep was just... :jawdrop

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Watched "Ip Man : The Final Fight"

Another decent movie about Ip. The guy was fascinating and just awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Finished up season 1 of House of Cards. Now I'm starting season 3 of Game of Thrones. :woot

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
okay today i watched desolation of smaug. before i begin here are the good parts

• barrel scene
  • MOST of the cg
  • legolas + gandalf
  • barrel scene
  • not shying away from putting black people in a fantasy movie

But. there was not. a single. scene. that. was. accurate. NOT ONE. And I mean, there were the ones that were benign enough, and then there were ones that were flat-out contradictory to the book or just didn't make sense. Not to mention that they spoiled one of the huge surprises that comes near the end, so the third movie is ruined too. I'm just so baffled. Did someone just license out the characters to Peter Jackson so he could play out his Hobbit fanfiction on screen? Who gave him permission to Sean Smillie such a classic book?

Also scary spider scenes are bad. It was supposed to be funny, man. At least I'm a little out-of-it from pain meds today so I didn't have a panic attack. :heh

the hobbit is a very special book to me ok and im so sad but maybe that's what i get for watching this an hour after i finished the book.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Watching Vikings season 2.

Bjorn got hot.
Bjorn got hot.
Bjorn got really hot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:28 am  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Im watching these and holy crap they are funny. I don't know who this wrestling commentator guy is but hes damn funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
The second one is so good. "What the hell is so great about that???" :lol :lol :lol

Have you seen this yet? I was dying:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
I actually watched it this morning. "He's the Michael Jordan of magic" that had me crackin up~ :lol

some crazy ass glitchy gameplay~ :eek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: What are You Currently Watching? : I luv my ROKU Edition  
Right into a butt-back mount! :heh I love that video. He's got great flexibility in his BONES, Joe. :heh

That announcer is Jim Ross, Titan. He's a legend, he's been doing it for like 25 years or something.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 4 [ 82 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4