Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:39 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 pm  Post subject: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  

Got this when I was like 7 or so thinking it would be more like the first game. The game feels like you're constantly lost, but since you're Wario you don't die and in this game you turn into a bunch of different kinds of Warios when you hit certain things.

It was confusing and I was frustrated as hell not knowing what the hell to do or where to go. I could feel my head getting hot. Just thinking about this game makes me mad. I still hate it haha

Here's to you Wario Land II:

Last edited by Khalpz on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:18 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
PSN: jonipooon
Good call as usual, Khalpz.

Got this when I was 6 or something as part of a complilation disc set of MS-DOS games. I remember this as being the most difficult one out of all, and you were basically some kind of genetic supersolider who jumped around killing aliens. As a kid I really didnt understand what to do, I never got past the first level no matter how many times I tried. Really annoying.

Nevertheless I found the soundtrack for this game about a year ago, and it was quite thrilling listening to that retro 90's rave music. :lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:18 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  

Glover. Siblings got this when I was about two, and I tried for years to beat it but never got past the first level. :heh

Last edited by citylights on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:30 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Too many to count.

A recent example would be a friend killing one of my troops with 3 25% chance shots in a row in XCom multiplayer.

Thankfully the game froze up so he didn't get the satisfaction of a victory :pimp

Last edited by Salariedcat7507 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
Mario Bros. on the NES, hitting the very first Goomba on World 1-1. I was 4 or 5 when that happened and threw the biggest tantrum for no reason

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
PSN: CurryBrace
First game-induced rage was probably Dark Cloud, fighting the second boss. I was a little kid and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't kill it. Eventually I just gave up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
XBL: ROCHAN
Hahah, that's funny, CurryBrace, the same happened to me with that game! I never finished Dark Cloud (but got pretty close, I just got tired of trying to beat the bosses).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
XBL: movildima
Mine was Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the future.
It has mind-blowing puzzles that are really difficult to solve, and the bosses are really difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.

I got /maaaaaad/. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:17 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
The first game that I ever played a game independently was SSX3 when i was 5 years old. A year after that I was well into the game and well taught of the controls. One day I remember racing with Zoe in Metro City, I kept on restarting and restarting because I was so frustrated about something probably trying to break a record - not sure (can't remember what it was about exactly, it was about 9 years ago :shrug )

Anyways I got so angry I broke into a cry, took the CD out of my ps, brought it to the kitchen and from the drawer I took out the scissors and started cutting it hahaha :heh At the time I thought I was teaching the game a lesson because it was being mean to me but found it pretty pathetic and useless afterwards, since my ps couldn't read the CD once i placed it in again :yes

I had another copy of SSX3 so it was okay, and I wasn't upset as much since I still had the game with me. To this day I still remember this story which was really stupid of me to do, I also think of doing the same to SSX (2012) when ever the game decides to go against me on great runs. ;P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:43 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
XBL: Maredevil247
Probably playing Fallout 2 and not realizing what to do next xD I used to get mad over shit like that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:01 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
Definitely number one on my list is trying to collect all the notes and puzzle pieces on Rusty Bucket bay of Banjo Kazooie.
Jumping those platforms was a nightmare, and don't get me started on the sharks.

In the end I'd find I had missed one or two of those freaking notes, and then I would log a good 2-3 hours lugging banjo's fat ass around before I'd fall to my death or drown.

Imagine my 7 year old self disdainfully trying to get my first 100% in a game only to get the virtual:

First rage, and last rage I ever want to admit... to result with my N64 in the trash. At least I still have the memories with me, no matter how pissed I get...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:42 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
trying to beat this beast 101% :frusty :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Haha! I'm not alone! \o/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:23 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Are you kidding me?? That game is my fucking JAM.

The only rage I can remember is in Pokemon X, where one trainer landed 6 30% accurate OHKO moves back to back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
It's JAM until you try for 101.
Speaking of OHKOs, I have a friend whose Kyogre's sheer cold never misses.
We don't play with him. :heh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:20 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
But I HAVE 101 in that game.
Also what. Was that some giveaway or something?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Kyogre is a legendary from III generation Pokémon that was not part of a giveaway nor a download. It is a Sapphire an Emerald exclusive, caught at lvl. 45 or 70 respectively. I believe in both cases it's caught with the sheer cold move that is a OHKO Ice type move with 30 accuracy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Oh...
See I thought you meant it ACTUALLY never misses. There's been giveaways of pokemon with weird stuff like that before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
I'd guess that Rain boosts the accuracy of Sheer Cold. It would occur that Hail does that, but hail is bloody useless. Seeing as causing Rain is Kyogre's ability IIRC it would make sense. Still doesn't explain your friend's amazing luck.

Marcus, was that in the Battle Maison by any chance? I've heard that the game cheats a bunch there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:34 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
Bulbapedia, Smogon, and Serebii are all saying it's a constant 30%.

And yeah, Battle Maison. That place pulls out some absolutely ridiculous bullshit sometimes, which is extra annoying because when it's not it's my favorite part of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:40 am  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
It's basically confirmed that the Maison AI cheats in their favor. Sorry to hear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:04 pm  Post subject: Re: What was your first instance of video game-induced rage?  
I remember on Taz Wanted, beating (I think) all 3 of the main map level bits, then getting back to the main level and getting stuck because I didn't know how to move the elephants there. I was crying and being so angry for so long. I broke one of my big metal cars. I was 4. R.I.P orange Saab metal car.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ]