Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:34 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
OK, its getting hard now. I'm just doing missions and probably should spend more time building up skills for the characters.
My driving is good but my shooting is weak. I hate the 'quick' weapon selection system.

One thing is puzzling me. I bought the Smoke On the Water shop - and I need to do some weed supply missions - the shop keeps emailing me saying they are low on stock and the customers are getting irate. Trouble is - I can't figure out how to do the mission.

Visiting the shop is no good / its not in the phone contacts so can't call / and can't reply to the email. How do I do the mission??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
TaysteChampion wrote:
I could have been much further by now but I keep getting sidetracked and doing my own thing ^^

Same here. I'm not too far into the story cause I keep going off to do other things elsewhere.

Chrome wrote:
One thing is puzzling me. I bought the Smoke On the Water shop - and I need to do some weed supply missions - the shop keeps emailing me saying they are low on stock and the customers are getting irate. Trouble is - I can't figure out how to do the mission.

Visiting the shop is no good / its not in the phone contacts so can't call / and can't reply to the email. How do I do the mission??

I keep having the same problem with that. My drug shop's supply truck got jacked and so I went there and there was nothing there. I ended up looking online and it seems that these types of things might be a sort of timed mission. The one topic said to check the map when the e-mail pops...look for a flashing P. If you ignore it your business suffers for a week and you get no income or something like that. You just have to wait for the message to pop back up and then check the map again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
^ Ah right. Makes sense. Thanks a lot :)
You know how it is when you've got a new game. It can drive you mad :woot

Plus - My eyesight is shot. I can't always read those damn messages when they pop up and fly by fast.
I don't like to sit too near the TV but maybe I need to :dead
Old age - its a sad thing :dead :dead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
Trevor reminds me so much of SSX3 era Psymon. Love playing as him but the lack of women in this game irks me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
chromemaps wrote:
^ Ah right. Makes sense. Thanks a lot :)
You know how it is when you've got a new game. It can drive you mad :woot

Plus - My eyesight is shot. I can't always read those damn messages when they pop up and fly by fast.
I don't like to sit too near the TV but maybe I need to :dead
Old age - its a sad thing :dead :dead

The way my tv is set up, I naturally sit really close to it. It's not a very big tv, 26"...but I've always had a hard time seeing while playing games. My eyes are all sorts of wonky at times and if I sit far away, I can't see shit on the screen. I think it started when I started playing Burnout 3. Things were moving so fast, that I couldn't see from far away so I started to move closer and closer (though at that time I did only have a 13" tv").

Yay old age! :P

On topic, has anyone tried the front flipping? It's hilarious.

also...

also again...

the loneliest robot in Great Britain is a great movie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:16 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: TaysteChampion
vix wrote:
TaysteChampion wrote:
I could have been much further by now but I keep getting sidetracked and doing my own thing ^^

Same here. I'm not too far into the story cause I keep going off to do other things elsewhere.

Yeah and for me that means acting like a complete lunatic! I spent about 30 real life minutes just messing about on a skate half pipe I found. I wasn't using bmx bikes on it... oh no... I took to it with high powered sports cars and motorbikes.

Then there's the times I am on my way to a mission... only I see a car I liked the look of... and I stole it... and they weren't happy I stole it... so I had fun letting them 'try' to get their car back... but inevitably it always ends in tears and there's a casualty. Then after finally escaping the cops and arriving back at my pad at last to relax... then I remember I was meant to be heading for that mission!

Some have already mentioned the tiny little info boxes. Really, really crap. I have on more than one occasion failed a mission because of these info boxes. Yes.. FAILED as a result of the info box distracting me and trying to read it.

Another criticism is the games lack of intelligence when defining whether a mission is failed or complete. First time I did the weapons trade flying mission, I did the two drop offs, then I returned to the hangar and taxi'd the plane into the garage. Then I exited the plane. *Mission failed*... I'm sorry, what? Mission failed? But I made the drop offs and returned the plane safely... let's see what it says "You abandoned the plane".. wtf... it was parked in the garage. But anyway, then I had to do the whole mission again and this time I went further inside the garage without exiting and the mission completed.

Funny thing I found - try running and jumping, then in mid air press O - even better do it while running at someone!

CharmyDweeng wrote:
Trevor reminds me so much of SSX3 era Psymon. Love playing as him but the lack of women in this game irks me.

Yeah man. There is a real lack of women characters. There's Michaels wife and daughter which are such minor characters it's quite amazing they are the first two that come to mind... uhh.... yeah. Can't think of anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Agreed on the lack of women. So far there are what, four in the story of any mention? And all of them have something wrong with them.

Have any of you guys invited one of the other main characters out for hanging out? It's awesome. :heh I switched from Franklin to Trevor and ran across Franklin and invited him out to drink. It was hilarious.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I do like the game a lot, it's gorgeous and fun, but I also really love Leigh Alexander's opinion piece on Gamasutra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:14 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
TaysteChampion wrote:
Funny thing I found - try running and jumping, then in mid air press O - even better do it while running at someone!

that's what i meant when i posted about flipping. it's stupid but fun. I did it off of a building into the water.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Apparently if you jump onto a car doing a flip from high enough it'll explode. :heh

Ran across this on Reddit:

Useful links of tips: (warning, possible spoilers!)

http://www.gta5cheats.com/cheats/hints-tips/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
CharmyDweeng wrote:
TaysteChampion wrote:
Yeah man. There is a real lack of women characters. There's Michaels wife and daughter which are such minor characters it's quite amazing they are the first two that come to mind... uhh.... yeah. Can't think of anyone else.
gondee wrote:
Agreed on the lack of women. So far there are what, four in the story of any mention? And all of them have something wrong with them.

See, this is why I love Merq: we can actually bring this stuff up and have a civil discussion about it. Props, guys. :china

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
I think a lot of the reason it's so glaring this time around is the game is so polished to the point of absurdity, and they can't add a decent woman character? In a way it almost lessens the impact of the rest of the production. The world is SO fully realized, that your brain says "The stories I can tell in this world are limitless", except they aren't - and that's jarring.

Anybody found the talking zombie guy who cosplays downtown?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
Quote:
they can't add a decent woman character?

because they don't know how to. it's been long proven in the gta games that they can't make a woman who isn't a fat slob, super sexy, stupid, etc. it's been so rare to see an assertive, strong woman character in the game. and if you do, they usually betray you or use and abuse you in some way or they get killed or imprisoned at the end. you get the hookers and the druggies as the women or only as date-able characters. the ones that need saving, the ones that are abused, the broken ones.

i honestly don't think i could name one woman character in all the gta games that had more than a few lines and was strong from the start and ended strong at the end of their storyline and was still on your side in some way.

so with that in mind, i'm quite fine with there being no women...cause the women they have now are a good example of what i said above. michael's family is perfect proof of that. both women make me cringe every time they're on the screen and i wish i could reach through and punch them both in the face.

---

on a side note: am i the only one actively using the social club?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: MistressWiggle
vix wrote:
Quote:
they can't add a decent woman character?

because they don't know how to. it's been long proven in the gta games that they can't make a woman who isn't a fat slob, super sexy, stupid, etc. it's been so rare to see an assertive, strong woman character in the game. and if you do, they usually betray you or use and abuse you in some way or they get killed or imprisoned at the end. you get the hookers and the druggies as the women or only as date-able characters. the ones that need saving, the ones that are abused, the broken ones.

i honestly don't think i could name one woman character in all the gta games that had more than a few lines and was strong from the start and ended strong at the end of their storyline and was still on your side in some way.

so with that in mind, i'm quite fine with there being no women...cause the women they have now are a good example of what i said above. michael's family is perfect proof of that. both women make me cringe every time they're on the screen and i wish i could reach through and punch them both in the face.

My issue is that this needs to change. A game like GTA can really make an impact on how women are viewed in Video Games. I'm no feminist but there is absolutely no reason why they can't adapt. There are plenty of strong women in video games, movies and books these days and continuing such a fine series portraying women in a negative light is just stupid and offensive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  

Gloria from the John Cassavetes film. She would be a good character. Hard-as-nails middle-aged gangster lady. Cunning, ruthless and smart.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
oh god just got finished a really big session, was up until 4am and started playing again. I've been too busy doing main missions, but now i'm taking more time to just screw around (such as getting killed by a shark :heh)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
NA wrote:
My issue is that this needs to change. A game like GTA can really make an impact on how women are viewed in Video Games. I'm no feminist but there is absolutely no reason why they can't adapt. There are plenty of strong women in video games, movies and books these days and continuing such a fine series portraying women in a negative light is just stupid and offensive.

there's plenty of games that have strong women, i agree. rockstar just doesn't seem to know how to do it. how to make a female character be strong but not slutty, be cute but not triple d's. etc. i would rather no female characters then if they can't do them right and justice.

like franklin's aunt, i want to reach through the screen and punch her in the face too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:05 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
PSN: Veckodag
I just want to pitch in and say my favorite satire piece in GTA5 is proposition 43, where people are trying to ban nuclear families. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Couple of glitches I've experienced.
As Michael - bought a bunch of shares - about $50,000 worth - when I checked later in my portfolio - empty.

Was doing a delivery mission for one of my businesses. Had over 4 minutes to complete. Plenty of time. Went round a corner too fast/ hit a wall.
Time ended just like that.

On the plus side - as Franklin I did one of those mercy missions. Returned a stolen bike to some dude in the street. Bit later I got a text from him. Turns out he's the director of some big company. Was grateful for my help and gifted me $100,000 worth of shares in his company.
Sweet :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/23/grand-theft-auto-5s-disappearing-car-bug-is-in-the-shop/

might want to stay away from using garages for a while.

---

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/How_to_Make_Money_in_GTA_5

---

This video is pure win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Just beat the game, took pretty much a week exactly to do but then again I strayed away from side missions and only did main missions. oh well more time to screw around on free roam :D

edit: on a side note, with online only a little ways away I wanna get more people who play this on friends list so we can get a crew together, hit me up on XBL and in a week's time we'll be robbing banks an shit like crazy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:34 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
This might be the funniest video of GTA V I've seen yet:

Title of the video is "Goddammit Trevor".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
Attack Duck Owner
I was playing as Michael and it forced a switch to Trevor after the mission was over. I woke up as Trevor on a a small island, in tighty whities and drunk with a bunch of dead bodies around me. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
vix wrote:
I was playing as Michael and it forced a switch to Trevor after the mission was over. I woke up as Trevor on a a small island, in tighty whities and drunk with a bunch of dead bodies around me. :lol

Trevor's moments are usually sme of the funniest in game, for example whenever I switch to him I see him wake up and vomit in a fountain saying "Shit, think i swallowed that nose ring from the 90's" :lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 am  Post subject: Re: GTA V  
I finished the game (story). My verdict fwiw - the storyline is good, the characters are great, the game looks brilliant. The detail is phenomenal.
The missions are lame though. Really lets the thing down imo. Too easy and very unimaginative / nothing we haven't done before.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4