Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:17 pm  Post subject: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.....  
What mod would you have them make, and for what game?
This is assuming no restrictions.
Assume that engine/system limitations can be magically bypassed, the mod can be applied to a console, this mod can bypass any preventative methods.

Personally, I would have them make an improved graphics mod for Star Wars:Battlefront 2. That game remains in my heart and in my top 5 of all time. It's a travesty that disney shut down the studio and we will never get another Battlefront.
The game has amazing gameplay and graphics (for the time) and I wish there would be another one.

You?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 pm  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
I think they should make a better graphics mod for Minecraft.
Too much.....blocks. :eek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
XBL: twoskilld4U
I honestly always seen the blocks as a form of art rather than a sign of bad graphic design.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
PSN: TaysteChampion
The engine is just bad. Notch is one of the laziest guys in game development I have ever heard of. Me and my good friend had many a discussion about this. I mean, for hours we talked about all the awesome stuff that could be in the game that isn't. He releases patches fairly frequently that make loads of MINOR changes. It's like he has no passion or even cares about the game, he just chucks our minor patches to kill time or something. I dunno. I mean, I haven't even considered the graphics with what I wrote so far... but yes the graphics are a travesty.

I assume you know that you can install different textures than default textures.. but it's still the same crappy engine with no physics or anything.

Here is an example of what Minecraft COULD be (and how lazy notch is). I would also say I think Notch should be aiming way way higher quality than this for Minecraft.

Also, thanks for making this thread. Good thread. I have never played Battlefront before.

To answer the question, its is a very difficult question to only give 1 answer to... very difficult. I am tempted to actually go with Minecraft, and have the mod team make it how me and my mate always talked about how it should be, with good graphics engine, physics engine, content, modes, available in-game technology....... etc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:37 pm  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
i would love to seeing modding return in BF3. there could be tons of potential with that game......but, due to the fancy Frostbite engine, it would require more than needed to get it setup.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:36 am  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
PSN: jonipooon
I'd have EA do a mod on the latest SSX, with a new and better inventory system. Also I'd have them include modded versions of all tracks from Tricky and SSX3. :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:34 am  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
Jonipoon wrote:
I'd have EA do a mod on the latest SSX, with a new and better inventory system. Also I'd have them include modded versions of all tracks from Tricky and SSX3. :P

That's what I'm talking about! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 am  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
XBL: twoskilld4U
TaysteChampion wrote:
The engine is just bad. Notch is one of the laziest guys in game development I have ever heard of. Me and my good friend had many a discussion about this. I mean, for hours we talked about all the awesome stuff that could be in the game that isn't. He releases patches fairly frequently that make loads of MINOR changes. It's like he has no passion or even cares about the game, he just chucks our minor patches to kill time or something. I dunno. I mean, I haven't even considered the graphics with what I wrote so far... but yes the graphics are a travesty.

I assume you know that you can install different textures than default textures.. but it's still the same crappy engine with no physics or anything.

Here is an example of what Minecraft COULD be (and how lazy notch is). I would also say I think Notch should be aiming way way higher quality than this for Minecraft.

Also, thanks for making this thread. Good thread. I have never played Battlefront before.

To answer the question, its is a very difficult question to only give 1 answer to... very difficult. I am tempted to actually go with Minecraft, and have the mod team make it how me and my mate always talked about how it should be, with good graphics engine, physics engine, content, modes, available in-game technology....... etc

A lot of that requires writing the game in a entirely different language. Or recreate using JMonkeyEngine or something. But i guess if this team is magic...

And yeah, the updates are a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:23 am  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
i would love to seeing modding return in BF3. there could be tons of potential with that game......but, due to the fancy Frostbite engine, it would require more than needed to get it setup.
Jonipoon wrote:

Sad thing is that EA's games aren't open source. If you WERE to successfully mod any EA game then it would take WAY more than just a modding tool. I have not seen a EA game that has a mod on it.....yet. Mostly though, the engine's are sometimes open source (Depending on the system) and you can change the files on there but make sure EA don't know about it. In their Terms and Conditions (Yes, I read them) it says that a result of modding or hacking into EA games, it can result of you losing your account or in LARGER case's you can get arrested. Watch out modding clowns. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 pm  Post subject: Re: If you had a professional modding team at your disposal.  
I would love to see Need for Speed: Pro Street come back to life again. I would ask of them to add way more race day events. Especially misc events, like demolition derby, 24h of Le Mans, the Le Mans series etc. For demo derby, I would ask them to make another selection option, so you have Grip, Drag, Speed, Drift and Derby. Any car is allowed to enter, unlike Drift, where only rear-wheel drive cars are allowed to enter. There will be a custom body kit for each car, which includes bars, loss of head/tail lights etc to make the car Derby qualified, but can only be applied to a car that has been selected for Derby, just like you can get the flat rear-end spoiler for cars for Drag or Speed. Endurance will be in there aswell. 10, 20, 40, 50, 60 and 100 lap races will be present on existing in-game tracks or custom real life ones. Custom cars for these events will also be present. Cars like the Audi R10, Audi R18, Porsche 919, Toyota Hybrid (the prototype version) etc aswell as a whole heap of new cars that weren't present back when the game was released.

I could go on for ever, but it's really late so I can't be f**ked.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]