Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 pm  Post subject: Help me start a club!  
Hey everyone,

So I sort of want to start a club at my college and I'd like some ideas from the unbiased public since I have NO idea how to keep people entertained week after week :| lol

Alright, first off.... the theme of the club will be... superheroes. Judge me if you will, but my school doesn't have a superhero club (which I find really surprising...) and I think starting one will be a lot of fun! :D

So basically I just need some ideas for activities to do in the club. Now, superhero movies are very popular right now (kind of the basis for my interest too) but would watching a different movie every week be too boring? There's a lot to pick from but I feel like there should be more to the club.
There is a club that just watches movies at my school... and I stopped going because I got bored. But because these movies would all be in the same genre would people feel differently?

I don't want this to be a club with people dressing up as characters and having fake fights and all that... I'm not into that lol. But I just don't know what to do. I realize, being a fan club and all, that people may expect that but I'm not what you'd call a 'fangirl'. I enjoy the movies and I'm intrigued by the genre but those are basically my limits hahaha.

There's a comic book store practically right on campus. Now I'm not that into comics -I've read a few but for the most part all of my knowledge comes from the movies, looking stuff up online, and the Spiderman game I have for my N64- but maybe organizing trips there once a month as a social thing would be something people would be into?

This will combine both Marvel and DC in order to appeal to more people but that brings up another problem: I know squat about DC heroes o.O but I definitely know more than the general public about some of the major Marvel characters....

I realize this is kind of a dumb topic but I'd like some input please :P any great ideas? Or should I just scrap this whole idea because I don't seem to have a clue what I'm doing? :heh

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
Do it! And my only suggestion is to do superhero themed videogames. There's a lot, and they're mostly fighters, so that's good for bringing people together.

That's all I can think of unfortunately unless you want to get super-nerdy in which case click the spoiler
Click to reveal hidden content: show
So at my cousins campus they did a campuswide game of humans vs. zombies. Humans wore a blue armband and zombies wore a red one. Everybody got nerf weapons (either guns or those foamy swords/axes) and the game continued constantly about a week, without breaks. I think class was a safe zone but that was it. If a zombie got killed they were done, but if a human got killed they turned into a zombie.

You could do a heroes vs. villains version where everybody got a weapon based on their power(s), and without the zombification bit.

Again, SUPER nerdy, but I know a bunch of people enjoyed it :shrug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
PSN: CurryBrace
You should be superheroes instead, like in Bad-Ass. Get together to talk about all the crimes you stopped, successes, failures, etc. First month could be costume design.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
PSN: SSXfanatic
CurryBrace wrote:
You should be superheroes instead, like in Bad-Ass. Get together to talk about all the crimes you stopped, successes, failures, etc. First month could be costume design.
I think you mean Kick-Ass. Great movie. Second one comes out in August.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I had a club once. :pimp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 am  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Do it! And my only suggestion is to do superhero themed videogames. There's a lot, and they're mostly fighters, so that's good for bringing people together.

That's all I can think of unfortunately unless you want to get super-nerdy in which case click the spoiler
Click to reveal hidden content: show
So at my cousins campus they did a campuswide game of humans vs. zombies. Humans wore a blue armband and zombies wore a red one. Everybody got nerf weapons (either guns or those foamy swords/axes) and the game continued constantly about a week, without breaks. I think class was a safe zone but that was it. If a zombie got killed they were done, but if a human got killed they turned into a zombie.

You could do a heroes vs. villains version where everybody got a weapon based on their power(s), and without the zombification bit.

Again, SUPER nerdy, but I know a bunch of people enjoyed it :shrug

I actually did think about the video games! Lol there are a lot of them. I have a PS2... I'm sure there are some for that. My brother has the PS3 and I guarantee he will not be okay with me bringing it up to school so that's out of the question lol. I'm sure I could find someone who has a Wii or Xbox... or PS3.

I'm almost positive my school has a Humans vs. Zombies club actually hahahaha . Sometimes late at night I'll see people walking around wearing urban camo with giant Nerf guns strapped to their backs :lol
I actually like the heroes vs. villains idea. I'm just not sure how many people would be willing to admit they're playing superhero :\

CurryBrace wrote:

I've never seen Kick-Ass but from what I've heard about it that could possibly lead to many of us being arrested :heh
Costume Design could be fun! Who doesn't love arts and crafts!!! The Harry Potter club made wands out of paper and hot glue, and that was a big hit. Now that I think about it, maybe I have club-commitment issues cause I stopped going to that one too.... Lol.

YoshiExcel wrote:
I had a club once. :pimp

Do tell :) Or... then again maybe it's best if you keep that story to yourself :lol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
I don't really have any ideas for a club but I have started some clubs in my school before and it help boost confidence and practise combined. Because of my disability, I have made these clubs to help others and myself for the life ahead!
Here is what I have made :) :

- Moday: Exercise Club (For fitness and exercise)
- Tuesday: Cafe Club (Just Specially for the disabled so that we can learn more cookery skills and prepare for business ideas. Food can go to paying colleagues and build up more profits!)
- Wednesday: Breakfast Club (For new healthy nutrition in the morning)
- Thursday: Chess Club (Improves logic and skill with actions)
- Friday: Sensory Club (For helping people with problems with sensitivity e.g Asbergers, Downs Syndrome, Etc.)

It may not be that kind of style for you, but I'm only just showing examples of what I done to give you an idea of what you can do. Hope this was helpful for you! Thanks!

(HINT: If you want to make your club known, make sure you make the best reasons for it and find out why the club is reliable and how it can be set up!) Also, love the superhero idea :thumbsup !
If it was me, I would look like I would have returned from the loony bin though! :lol
Anyway, its your choice to make a club that is very good and people will come for the purpose and expensive of the activity and to be well more confidant about it.

I hope your club turns out very well in the future! Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
PSN: Donoftea
Hi Pandapie,

Definitely not a dumb idea - sounds like a grand one!

How about - you could each take turns at your meeting to share a rare gem related to superheroes, which you don't think is widely known about. E.g. you could share your favourite, lesser-known comic issue with the rest of the group and let them borrow it. Or if you prefer films, you could discuss and then lend out your favourite film which you don't think everyone would know about.

And CurryBrace is right - you should definitely run a sideline fighting crime.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am  Post subject: Re: Help me start a club!  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
I don't really have any ideas for a club but I have started some clubs in my school before and it help boost confidence and practise combined. Because of my disability, I have made these clubs to help others and myself for the life ahead!
Here is what I have made :) :

- Moday: Exercise Club (For fitness and exercise)
- Tuesday: Cafe Club (Just Specially for the disabled so that we can learn more cookery skills and prepare for business ideas. Food can go to paying colleagues and build up more profits!)
- Wednesday: Breakfast Club (For new healthy nutrition in the morning)
- Thursday: Chess Club (Improves logic and skill with actions)
- Friday: Sensory Club (For helping people with problems with sensitivity e.g Asbergers, Downs Syndrome, Etc.)

It may not be that kind of style for you, but I'm only just showing examples of what I done to give you an idea of what you can do. Hope this was helpful for you! Thanks!

(HINT: If you want to make your club known, make sure you make the best reasons for it and find out why the club is reliable and how it can be set up!) Also, love the superhero idea :thumbsup !
If it was me, I would look like I would have returned from the loony bin though! :lol
Anyway, its your choice to make a club that is very good and people will come for the purpose and expensive of the activity and to be well more confidant about it.

I hope your club turns out very well in the future! Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! :) I'm really entertained by the fact that you had a Breakfast club :lol that's awesome! I'm gonna try my best :D

Don wrote:
Hi Pandapie,

Definitely not a dumb idea - sounds like a grand one!

How about - you could each take turns at your meeting to share a rare gem related to superheroes, which you don't think is widely known about. E.g. you could share your favourite, lesser-known comic issue with the rest of the group and let them borrow it. Or if you prefer films, you could discuss and then lend out your favourite film which you don't think everyone would know about.

And CurryBrace is right - you should definitely run a sideline fighting crime.

Best of luck!

I like that idea; kind of have it be like a knowledge-sharing meeting. It's such a vast universe that there's always something new to learn! I don't know about the general public but I love having deep discussions about things that don't matter at all, such as books and movies and junk :)
As for the crime fighting, I may as well officially call this club the Vigilante Club :ninja
I don't know, I'd enjoy it :lol

Thanks for the responses so far everyone, you've all been very helpful :china

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]