Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
YoshiExcel wrote:
I would be more than happy to join the PC snobs at this point.

We're not all snobs and assholes :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yoshi wrote:
Wow, there's just so much stupid shit you can't do with the PS4 yet all the fanboys are still walking around with a boner in their pants. Both systems are terrible (so far). Just pisses me off that alot of people think the PS4 is superior in every way. Personally, im not getting either system until this whole thing dies down and we really see what is worth getting, if anything. I would be more than happy to join the PC snobs at this point.

Agreed that PS4 isn't all that. I see no reason to get it at launch until Infamous and a few other games come out. My plan is to pick one up by June of next year, when the kinks are ironed out and all the good games are out. While I'm kind of mad you can't back up anything on PS4 to external storage (why, exactly?) I'm not shook up about it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
The Final Bosman - The Battle of the Bands
(YouTube link if GT's player doesn't work for you)

I have no idea if this is going to be funny for people who don't watch The Final Bosman regularly because it's the ending of a long-running joke, but I thought I'd share since it's still a fun analogy. I really like how positive Kyle Bosman is when it's popular to be cynical and angry about everything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
I love the Final Bosman - Kyle is hilarious. Needs a haircut though. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Yay gondee! Heh, his hair is definitely getting funky (not that I should be talking because mine is too)! :heh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:25 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
PSN: jonipooon
I aint getting a PS4 until at least 2015. Basically because the golden age of console gaming is over, and the amount of sold consoles worldwide will never surpass those of previous console generations. I'm still amazed by some graphics on PS3, and developers will still continue to release games for the PS3 until at least 2016. So I see no reason for me to buy a PS4 at the moment. Unless the gameplay mechanics for PS3 ports from the PS4 really sucks donkeyballs, only then will I consider buying a PS4.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  

Welp, I guess this seals the deal! I'll be there day one...whenever that is. :shrug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:31 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
So now that the PS4 is out, does anyone have it? I'm not planning to get it but I'd love to hear you guys' opinions on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
So now that the PS4 is out, does anyone have it? I'm not planning to get it but I'd love to hear you guys' opinions on it.

well if you do get one, i'd wait until things settle down on PSN
they say it's the US/CAN PSN stores not sure about the EU stores

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
I do think its a super improvement over the PS3. the UI is quick and it looks clean. Its just.....Nice to use. Then, i love how they did the same thing with the 1st PS3 with the touch buttons. And they made the power button hidden. As in it will take you awhile to figure it out the first time and then your like, "heh, thats awesome"

Then the controller......there are some minor details i like more about the DS3 but the DS4 is overall better. It does feel like a controller and not a plastic......thing.

UPDATE: Well, kind of expected something like this would happen. the day one PS4 patch makes most of the games crash, laggy, unresponsive.... fudge http://kotaku.com/ps4-day-one-update-is-breaking-things-ea-says-1465358622

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Hmm, looks like EA's retracted the message. :shrug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
.......Well i personally had no issues. Besides the abundance of empty servers and connection errors. Ehh, oh welll.

BF4 looks sooooo pretty. Resogun is awesome with its blocky explosions and human throwing. Off to try Contrast.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:26 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Nothing I've seen in the first batch of trailers makes me want to get a PS4 - the new one Resogun looks rather good, but the one I'm really looking forward to is the new Infamous, and that doesn't drop until March.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Yea, honestly guys.......i would wait on getting a PS4. Yea, its cool but there isnt really much you can do with it. Most of the games that was announced doesnt get released in 2014 and most of the features doesnt get patched in until later.

And you can try to find a PS4 during the classic black friday deals or holiday shenanigans but chances are, it will be sold out instantly. So yea......good luck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
Yea, honestly guys.......i would wait on getting a PS4. Yea, its cool but there isnt really much you can do with it. Most of the games that was announced doesnt get released in 2014 and most of the features doesnt get patched in until later.

And you can try to find a PS4 during the classic black friday deals or holiday shenanigans but chances are, it will be sold out instantly. So yea......good luck

ya that's what i said too, bbbuuuuttt my brother decided to get me an early christmas gift out of the blue, so i'm now the somewhat proud owner of a PS4 and trded my XBox360 preorder of NFS Rivals to the PS4 game

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
I got to try out the DS4 at the mall today (didn't bother with the demo since it was FIFA or something) and it's amazing. The triggers feel so good. I like the analog sticks too. Although I didn't have a huge problem with them on the DS3 because I push them from the outside, they just feel more fluid. Overall, the whole controller feels a lot nicer quality-wise and less clunky. I'm not the kind of person to feel like next-gen tech ever makes last-gen games "unplayable," but I really don't want to go back to the DS3 now. :heh It's definitely the best PS controller I've ever used, and it might dethrone the Wavebird as my favorite controller ever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
XBL: Maredevil247
I wish i had money for a new console...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Fun Fact: The Dualshock 4 can be used on the PS3. And PC.

I havent gotten the PS home button to work on the PS3 though....dont know if its just me or if its intended. I like the new controller a lot as well. I had some of those 3rd party triggers on my DS3 but that was about it. Its just the analog sticks im not sure about yet......they are ok, but they seem too "sticky". it seems harder for me to switch between the Dpad and the sticks on the DS4. The DS3 had that nice balance so i can glide off when i need to without losing the grip.

*gahh, this sounds weird but hopefully you understand.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
I did hear about that! Seems like it's compatible with all of my favorite PS3 games, minus Burnout Paradise and I dunno about SSX. I want to say that the home button issue is universal, not just you?

I can kind of see what you mean about the sticks. It's hard to know what the issues are until you've played with it a while. I'm mostly hoping that the triggers won't kill my joints when playing games that require holding them down for a long time. For a while after SSX came out, my (mostly right) middle and index fingers almost felt dislocated from switching off on trigger duty. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Got a PS4 on day one. Ehh few ups and down, no CD or MP3 playback yet :glare And not very offline friendly though Couldn't play DVD or blu ray unless you've have Internet . But I love battlefield 4 cant wait for iFamous second son

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
royank wrote:
cant wait for iFamous second son

I know, it's going to be awesome I'm personally looking into getting the collectors edition of it :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:59 am  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
I was going to by one but they are sold out everywhere. :heh When I say everywhere, I mean none of the game and online stores will get a new stock of PS4s until 2014, so I can't test out the "Crappy Awesome" Next-Gen Console anytime soon...
At least I can still enjoy glitchy Battlefield 4. (did they even beta test the game?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
PSN: jonipooon
Has anyone tried OUYA? I really want to hear some regular people's opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Jonipoon wrote:
Has anyone tried OUYA? I really want to hear some regular people's opinion.

ID like one of those machines but for now Im waiting for friday (29th) to pick up the PS4 on UK launch day :)
Killzone and Need for speed on the play list with Battlefield not far behind for christmas, then Infamous next year :woot

Any yes they did Beta Battlefield 4 upto the end of October

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Console Talk  
So what's the general consensus on PS4 vs Xbone in the general media? Both good? One by far the better console?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 6 [ 132 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6