Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 pm  Post subject: Finally tried snowboarding for the first time!  
Last week I went snowboarding for the first time! After a couple days of falling over for hours on end, I got a hang of it and had a blast!

I was wondering -

What were your first experiences like?

When do you think I should invest in my own gear instead of renting?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 am  Post subject: Re: Finally tried snowboarding for the first time!  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
If you plan on snowboarding more and several times during a season then just buy your own gear right away. Then you have the same board all the time and dont risk getting shitty boards every time you rent. There is a pretty big vareity in types of boards to choose from so it will depend on what kind of riding you plan to do. Shorter and softer boards will give you better air and is easier to do tricks with while a longer stiffer board is better to freeride with.

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Finally tried snowboarding for the first time!  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
just relax and take it slow, it does take awile to get used to it and trust me i found it difficult the first time in fact i'm trying to get back into it since buying my new gear. anyways, you still have a lot of progress ahead and soon enough you'll find yourself shreding in the terrain park in no time at all :thumbsup

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]