Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm  Post subject: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
PSN: RocketCat
Hey Merq!

God I've missed this place :)

And Oh mah gawd, its been a long time...

For those of you who actually remember me, I'll try to sum up what I've been doing for the last couple of centuries :P

1: In 2007 I was working as a full time temp for Sonofon (called Telenor now), and applied for a 2 year apprentice ship within the company, I got a spot, just in the other end of the country (I worked in Aarhus then, and the job was in Copenhagen) - to make this one short: in a few weeks I realized that my new boss was stuck in some kind of time loop, and must have thought we were still living in the 1800's, he at least treated me that way, so I bluntly told him that it wasent working out and applied for a transfer - only one city had an open spot: Aalborg

2: So I moved to Aalborg, and stayed with friends and people I barely knew for about 6-8 weeks (I was basically living in a sportsbag with just my clothes - not very pleasant ) - Finnaly got my very first place of my own, and then things really started falling into place, I started dating again (not just one night stands) - and within 24 months, I've met Mike (and we're still together and shopping for rings :P) moved in with Mike, and passed my apprenticeship. (yay!)

3: okay, so after I passed my apprenticeship (which was in august 09) I transferred to Telenors biggest Enterprise store here in Aalborg, and worked there for about a year (they're wouldent put me on contract, so I had to leave, not nice not knowing how low you got your job) - that, looking back, was one of my biggest mistakes ever, I got a job working for Stream Global services working on a Dell Business contract in their callcentre here in Aalborg (god I hated that, I could feel my stomach turn every time I turned up for work). I performed so (intentionally) badly, that I god fired within 2 months, and during those 2 months, I had an intense headache ALL the effing time:

4: I GOT EFFING GLASSES! :P This was quite a change for me, as I've always had perfect, spot on eyesight. My eyedoctor just said "I'll give you 2 choices, 1: become a professional hunter, 2 get glasses" :P
It actually turned out i had +3,5/+1,5 :O

5: after I got fired from Stream, I applied for the position as Golden Space Promoter for Sony. While it was the easiest job EVER, I also had never been THAT bored in my life.
80% of my time I spend alone, studying Sony product on their e-learning site...
Eventually Sony decided to end the Golden Spaces - leaving me without a job again.

6: I went on unemployment pay for some months, and during that time I applied for an education on Aalborgs University College, called "Technology, graphics and design" (odd title). I was in NO WAY qualified, and hence I was quite surprised when I got a call telling me that I actually got in. - so far so good - a big victory!

7: also during my unemployment period, I was talking to a girlfriend of mine who has ADHD, and we had a long talk about ADHD, and she said that she was 100% sure that I had it too.
So, I actually talked to my doctor about it, and he send me off to a psychiatrist... and... What do you know, not only do I have ADHD, I also have Tourettes and Aspergers in some very mild cases... :S
That was quite a blow. Because that was about the time when i started on the University College - so I had to balance being back in school again, and new medication for my ADHD :S
It was tough, but I handled it, and quite well...
Untill:

8: the first year exam - when I was working on my first years exam project, it all really started going down hill - I started ditching the project for what ever I could come up with, facebook, walking the dog (more on the bundle of love later, woof), videogames, what not.
And as the deadline got closer and closer... I started having anxiety and severe panic attacks - I would literally spend days sitting on the couch shaking and not eating ANYTHING at all.
I even got a special permit to do the project again due to my mental condition - I even got that permit twice - still failed... That was a blow to my pride that I could not handle...
My mentor at the school and I agreed that there was only one solution: dropping out - and leaving the education of my dreams and all my new friends behind. Ugh.

9: so, when you live in Denmark and are a member of a Union, and is not working or education yourself: you report to the unemployment office (god I hate that place!)
So I wrestling with the system to let them leave me as much alone as possible - I simply could not handle any contact with anybody besides my boyfriend, family or friends - anything having to do with my union, the state, whatever - I just wanted to be alone.

10: doctor: there's a recurring pain in my wrists.
Okay, So I've always had the odd pain in both my wrists, coming and going from time to time, just never put any thought into it, untill this year, that pains have escalated to a point where i sometimes need to use 2 hands to lift the milk out of the fridge, and my wrists make cracking sounds when im texting on my cell phone - So i contacted my doctor, and he examined my wrists...
Result: damaged median nerves in both wrists :(
Cure: try fysiotherapists - if that does not work, we'll need to get you examined at the neurophysological department at the local hospital.

And: thats where i'm supposed to be in about 2 hours. I really hope they can fix me! :)

Anyway:

11: Since I have all this baggage, my union have been kind enough to take me off the market and the state is paying my sallery as long as my union tells them im "home sick"(2 year max tho) - finally I can get some peace and quiet - Im truly starting to feel more zen like and I am starting to function normally again :)

Oh and the doggie?

Mike have always been fond of dogs, and in his family, they've always had dogs (I come from a cat family) - So I could NEVER see myself as a dogperson.

Well, I was wrong, january of 2012 - we picked up a one year one Siberian Husky named "Kayla! - she has the most gorgeous red fur and iceblue eyes - and im totally converted! I love that little bugger (or battledog as we like to call her, she's always trying to start a fight with me by nibbling on my hands or feet :P)

And oh god - this post turned quite long by my standards :P

Well, I'd better get outside and take Kayla for a walk!
2 hours to I need to be at the hospital and we had a blizzard a few days ago so traffic is pretty slow still :)

Take care everybody - And I hope some of the oldtimers here still remember me :)

PS: this i guaranteed to be LOADED with nonsense sentences and misspellings - I've stayed up all night :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
This is more a Playground topic than a Lodge topic - moved. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
XBL: TruGamer97
Welcome back I believe this would be the first time we met.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 am  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
@NightCrawler Are U danish?

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 am  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
Good to see you again, NC. I'm always suprised at how loyal the Grav bar members are.

Seems like you've had quite a ride, I'm glad things are looking up for you! :)

Now I wanna do a writeup of my early 20's too, haha!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
PSN: MistressWiggle
NC!!! It's sooooo good to hear from you again. Everytime I listen to Nemo I think of you since you were the first peep to give it to me to listen too!

So glad things are looking up for you again, man it's nice how Grav members always come back even after several years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
Your name is quote familiar to me! Either way, nice to see oldies popping up in here. :). We really do have loyal members.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
XBL: WAffle3690
Hey! Welcome back! Hope to hear more from you!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
That was quite the update :heh welcome back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
Hey nightcrawler!
I'm cat.
Nice to meet you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
PSN: RocketCat
Aw man!
:woot

Since I havent gotten any email notifications about replies on this I thought you were all being stuck up's and ignoring me!
Glad to see it isn't so! <3

GeeFunk2010 wrote:
@NightCrawler Are U danish?

Ja, det er jeg :)

flexxx wrote:
Good to see you again, NC. I'm always suprised at how loyal the Grav bar members are.

Seems like you've had quite a ride, I'm glad things are looking up for you! :)

Now I wanna do a writeup of my early 20's too, haha!

Well, this was the first ever forum I was truly committed to (in the mental institution-kinda sense XD ) - so Grav was always in my heart :)

So it's so typical of you to try to steal my thunder and piggyback on my success! Skank! :D

NA wrote:
NC!!! It's sooooo good to hear from you again. Everytime I listen to Nemo I think of you since you were the first peep to give it to me to listen too!

So glad things are looking up for you again, man it's nice how Grav members always come back even after several years.

Now THATS something I (sadly) don't remeber - but to sweet of you to :)
Kinda thought you would had found that on your own - and boy I remember being obsessed with that track, and Nightwish in general - and guuurl, speaking of music, thats something that has changed A LOT in the past few years - phew!

YoshiExcel wrote:
That was quite the update :heh welcome back.

Yoshi Yoshi... Too much to read? :P
Tell me: have I missed another epic fish sandwich topic in the meantime? :)

- and to all the others I haven't quoted: I love you guys too! (insert obscene amount of hearts beaming out cosmic love and energy here )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm  Post subject: Re: I'm baaaaaack (dun dun!)  
PSN: jonipooon
Woop, welcome back NC. :) Been a while!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]