Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
PSN: Emu90
Did you see the new gameplay video? :woot I'm stoked. I hope we reach $4 million so that they can give us 80 star systems. It's going to be ridiculous. Did you upgrade your pledge? I think I will stay Green Citizen for now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
PSN: Endemism
TrickyEmu wrote:
Did you upgrade your pledge? I think I will stay Green Citizen for now.

I went for Lancer Pledge when the campaign kicked off, so that would be Bronze(?) Citizen. Later pledged the $5 on Kickstarter to get extra ship skin, and upgraded that pledge with $25 to get a hardback "Making of Star Citizen" book. Don't think I'll pledge more than that, but I might throw in a small amount on the last day.

Which gives me an idea...how cool wouldn't it be if the next SSX was crowd-funded with all these physical and digital goodies offered to the fans?! Not gonna happen with EA alas, but the thought of being involved in the development on a scale like this...it would've been awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:55 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Say what? Making of book?! I want! Is that Kickstarter only? I can't find it on the original website. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
I think the book is only included in the "Come Fly With Me" ($250) pledge and onwards. So with the Lancer pledge I got a hardback "Engineering manual for modders", respectively a "Squadron 42 manual" for the Wingnut pledge (Lancer and Wingnut are on the same price, $125). Other than that it's one of the physical addons on Kickstarter, don't think that I've seen nothing but digital addons on RSI. Fling them a mail and ask, if you're not using Kickstarter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Ah! Now I see. Damn, I think I won't have enough money to get the Lancer package before the fundraiser ends.

Apparently there is some surprise IGN event at 3pm PST (less than 3 hours from now). I'll keep my eyes open. I'm stoked by the huge support.

And yeah, I think SSX could have done a kickstarter thing, but in the end they would probably have the same budget they had for 2012. But, SSX would have gone past $6 million by now. I think it has a huge fanbase.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
The Constellation info was definitely worth staying awake! Details galore. Can't wait to see my MISC Freelancer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/star-citizen-ship-design-and-star-wars-fantasies
http://www.ign.com/images/albums/constellation-images/50a56baaf4918925b219d367

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
:woot :woot :woot :eek :eek :woot :woot :woot
Wow! That thing is ridiculous. Like the Millenium Falcon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
This was just posted: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/you-choose-the-freelancer/ Voting closes in <24h, so be quick!

Quote:
Yesterday we talked about the long process for creating ships in Star Citizen. It’s something we’re proud of, spending extra time and using world class artists to build what we hope are truly iconic spacecraft. And now… you can help!

Concept artist Jim Martin has been hard at work on the MISC Freelancer pledge ship. We’ve seen dozens of sketches and picked through them and watched rapt as the thing came together. And now we’re down to two choices, which we’re leaving up to you!

Freelancer, Option One

Freelancer, Option Two

I really had a hard time deciding. I went for option 2, but the more I look at #1 the more I like it. It really has that freelancer vibe, and looks a bit Firefly-esque.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
:woot #1 looks like something from Kusari. But, I would also go with option 2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Wtf.. Can you reach the official website? It has been down for 3 hours now. Man, they need to get their shit together. That's a lot of money lost.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
TrickyEmu wrote:
Wtf.. Can you reach the official website? It has been down for 3 hours now. Man, they need to get their shit together. That's a lot of money lost.

Available for me, even if it's slow. Tried clearing the cache? Also, as I'm having an addon which forces https, I sometimes have to turn it off.

Edit: It certainly gives me a 500 now and then, but the site is definitely not nuked.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Tricky: You asked about physical add-on for the RSI pledge, the hardback "Making of Star Citizen". Check this out if you haven't already: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/add-ons/ Seems like it's available for you. :)

And yeah...$4 million! Pledge rate seems to pick up, $4.5 is definitely within reach.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
You're awesome, bro. A real bro. :thumbsup I need that engineering manual! I think the concept art of Constellation helped boost the crowdfunding. Or maybe people want to join in last minute. I love the systems we unlock every time. If we get to $4.2 million they will add super earths. :woot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Livestream action right now and for the rest of the campaign (less than 19 hours atm!) http://www.ustream.tv/channel/croberts68 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mci66 Almost at $5 million, this is crazy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
I think we could even hit $5.5 million. Man, I didn't even thought we could go past $3 million.

$5 million!!!!

Looks like this campaign could reach a whooping $6 million.

$6 million :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Maan, we actually hit 6 million! Insane! When the campaign started I seriously hoped we would hit 2 million...space sim DEFINITELY is alive. These 24 months will be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Sonnergard, pm your email address you use for your pledges, plz. I want to add you to original referrers. That's the least I can do. :thumbsup Maybe you get something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
TrickyEmu wrote:
Sonnergard, pm your email address you use for your pledges, plz. I want to add you to original referrers. That's the least I can do. :thumbsup Maybe you get something.

D'aaaw, you. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
So... did you get your Citizen card yet? You should get a metal card, right? Nothing here yet. Checking the mailbox every day. :heh

Also: Close to $10 million!! :woot :woot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Yep! Got my card couple of weeks back, bronze style. Didn't go for a metal card though, almost regret it a bit now. :) Plastic looks quite nice anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
:woot :woot
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/21/4453530/first-look-at-star-citizens-bmw-spaceship-the-300i

and a 300i brochure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:33 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
BLAAAARRRRGHH HANGAR MODULE!!!!

:woot :woot It's everything I hoped it would be! The production value of the game at this early stage is cah-ray-zee, even the patcher window is gorgeous to look at!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
Does it work on your PC? The requirements are a bit too much for my PC but I ran it anyway and wow, that's all I can say. :heh

Keep your eye out for a planet. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:29 am  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
TrickyEmu wrote:
Does it work on your PC? The requirements are a bit too much for my PC but I ran it anyway and wow, that's all I can say. :heh

Well, I can barely handle it on my computer (i7, 12GB, GTX460), at least not getting any good framerate. :heh But I'm holding out for getting a new graphics card for now, waiting for price drops. Hopefully I can make-do with what I have for the dogfighting alpha.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Any Wing Commander/Starlancer/Freelancer fans?  
What a day, man! :heh They shut down the livestream because they sang Happy birthday and the YouTube bots said it's a copyright violation. Really? lol

I bought the Avenger package so that I can has a Business Hangar. I want to get a Hornet package because I want my game as a physical copy. I'm just the kind of guy who needs to hold it.

Oh about this pic. That's Cassel in the Goss system. Definitely going to live there. :D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  1, 2, 3