Switch to full style
Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:48 pm

I just joined when I learned that this site isn't 100% dead. I have a few questions about the first 3 SSX games:

- There are several un-playable characters in the first game. Who are they and why is there no info about them anywhere? Are there Action Replay codes to play as them?
- In SSX Tricky, there are floating balloons on one of the courses. Does popping them do anything special?
- I was watching a speedrun of SSX 3 on Games Done Quick and the runner said that there is a top-down map of Metro City that shows all possible routes. Where is this map?

Again, I'm so glad that this site exists. I stayed away from it, since the latest YouTube video was 9 years old. "Glitch Races" was the title - anyone know how to do that?

Also, I have a PS2 demo disc that has an SSX Tricky demo. Eddie's polka-dot board is in it (shown in the final game's "DVD Content" menu).

- Goody

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:55 pm

goody_fyre11 wrote:I just joined when I learned that this site isn't 100% dead. I have a few questions about the first 3 SSX games:

- There are several un-playable characters in the first game. Who are they and why is there no info about them anywhere? Are there Action Replay codes to play as them?

You're talking about the other characters in Race and stuff? No, they are not playable. We have a little blurb on the site showing some of the other characters here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxpages/moreracers.html

- In SSX Tricky, there are floating balloons on one of the courses. Does popping them do anything special?

A little bit of a confetti explosion, nothing more. :heh

- I was watching a speedrun of SSX 3 on Games Done Quick and the runner said that there is a top-down map of Metro City that shows all possible routes. Where is this map?

You can find all those here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx3/peakone/index.html

Again, I'm so glad that this site exists. I stayed away from it, since the latest YouTube video was 9 years old. "Glitch Races" was the title - anyone know how to do that?

You're asking about the glitch races for SSX 3? My memory is fuzzy on this, but I remember if you used the different wormholes in the game, it would often warp you to different events on tracks that didn't have them - stuff like racing a superpipe event. I think it only existed online. I remember it was used to get points in the Overall ranking category for events that didn't exist. :heh

Someone might remember more about it. ObiWahnShinobi might remember more. :)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 am

Just gonna add here that glitched races work in conquer the mountain, and are rather easy to access.
The way of doing them is to wormhole past the finish line of the track you were originally doing. Some tracks might spawn you near the next station, forcing you to backtrack and go back to unload the original track.
This works on emulator at least, haven't console tested it myself.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:18 am

You can't play as them, but there must be a memory value that determines the selected character. If someone finds that value using a cheat device, we can keep trying different numbers until we get a code that works. I vaguely remember a video showing gameplay using one of those characters.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 am

gondee wrote:
goody_fyre11 wrote:I just joined when I learned that this site isn't 100% dead. I have a few questions about the first 3 SSX games:

You're talking about the other characters in Race and stuff? No, they are not playable. We have a little blurb on the site showing some of the other characters here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxpages/moreracers.html

A little bit of a confetti explosion, nothing more. :heh

You can find all those here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx3/peakone/index.html

You're asking about the glitch races for SSX 3? My memory is fuzzy on this, but I remember if you used the different wormholes in the game, it would often warp you to different events on tracks that didn't have them - stuff like racing a superpipe event. I think it only existed online. I remember it was used to get points in the Overall ranking category for events that didn't exist. :heh

Someone might remember more about it. ObiWahnShinobi might remember more. :)

The glitch races worked by doing a regular race event but using a wormhole... you would have to wait in it long enough that it spit you out past the finish line. Normally you would watch it get to 100% then wait like 10 seconds and hit select to get it to work. Then all you had to do was board to an event like slopestyle, big air, or superpipe and it would turn the event into a race version instead.
I recall that you were able to do it offline too, but it's been so long for me to say with absolute certainty.
Post a reply